Windows 10: connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

Discus and support connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kimreagan, Aug 7, 2018.

1. kimreagan Win User

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to the internet. what happened? can you help me figure out how to get connected to the internet again using my phones hotspot?

:)

kimreagan, Aug 7, 2018

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Aug 7, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Aug 7, 2018
  4. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

internet connection

When I connect to a free wifi hotspot at some public location from my phone, tablet or computer, I usually have to follow the following steps:

• Go to the device's wifi settings (on the phone tap Settings > Wifi),
    • Tap the wifi hotspot you want to connect with
    • When it shows "connected", open up the device's browser,
    • Tap the browser refresh button
    • This usually automatically brings up some kind of hotspot agreement website, Tap through any of the "I agree" statements you see
    • Then the device can use the hotspot's internet connection.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

1. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot - Similar Threads - connecting internet using

2. Phone hotspot connected but have no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone hotspot connected but have no internet: HelloI have a problem where my laptop Nitro AN515-52 connected to the phone hotspot iphone 15 pro but show as no internet and I can't use the internet. This never happened before and I used this hotspot frequently before this.I am not sure is this a phone or laptop problem,...
  3. Phone hotspot connected but have no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone hotspot connected but have no internet: HelloI have a problem where my laptop Nitro AN515-52 connected to the phone hotspot iphone 15 pro but show as no internet and I can't use the internet. This never happened before and I used this hotspot frequently before this.I am not sure is this a phone or laptop problem,...
  4. HELP I CONNECT TO THE LAPTOP HOTSPOT WITH MY PHONE BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP I CONNECT TO THE LAPTOP HOTSPOT WITH MY PHONE BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION: I just want to ask , we have a laptop onboard here in the ship using satelite signal that has internet connection , i tried to connect to the laptop using the hotspot of the laptop , i also followed the ethernet statys properties and then sharing but when i check the section...
  5. HELP I CONNECT TO THE LAPTOP HOTSPOT WITH MY PHONE BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP I CONNECT TO THE LAPTOP HOTSPOT WITH MY PHONE BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION: I just want to ask , we have a laptop onboard here in the ship using satelite signal that has internet connection , i tried to connect to the laptop using the hotspot of the laptop , i also followed the ethernet statys properties and then sharing but when i check the section...
  6. Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet: I have a direct broadband connection on my Asus X555L laptop. I can be connected to my laptop's wifi hotspot on my Andriod phone. But it seems it is connected but no internet on specific apps like google stuff as far I checked such as Play Store, Chrome while the youtube...
  7. Connected to hotspot from my phone but No internet access

Connected to hotspot from my phone but No internet access: Hi,So my 15-month-old son threw my laptop to the floor about 2 weeks ago, it went off and was giving me a black screen, I was able to fix that through help from this forum. But it was not booting to windows, I did a system reset - keep files. This worked and my...
  8. Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot: So basically as the title says, i have been having this issue where i would try to tether internet from my phone's data plan, and my laptop connects to the network, but whenever i try to open any website or actually connect to the internet, i wouldn't be able it. As if there...
  9. Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop

Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop: Due to the remote area we live in we have to use our phones hotspot to connect to the internet with our computers. I have a Samsung - Galaxy S9 phone and a HP Windows 10 laptop. For the last several months I have been accessing the internet on my computer via the hotspot...
  10. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone: My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In...