Windows 10: "Connecting to VPN" never completes

Discus and support "Connecting to VPN" never completes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers running windows 10. I've setup a VPN connection on each of them, both the same. On my laptop, it connects to the VPN just fine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sonrisante, Jun 22, 2016.

1. "Connecting to VPN" never completes

I have 2 computers running windows 10. I've setup a VPN connection on each of them, both the same. On my laptop, it connects to the VPN just fine and works pretty well. On my desktop, however, when I click the "Connect" button, it gives me the "Connecting to VPNname" message with the spinning hamster wheel and it never comes back.

If I click cancel, the VPN connection disappears and I have to enter it all again.

Any ideas? BTW, I've used the IP address as the VPN address in both cases... so it's not a DNS issue.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

:)

Sonrisante, Jun 22, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jun 22, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

"Connecting to VPN" never completes

1. "Connecting to VPN" never completes - Similar Threads - Connecting VPN never

2. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CONNECTION: I am trying to set up a VPN connection and I am getting this message saying the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed. How do I solve this?...
  3. vpn connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vpn connection: Do i need a VPN connection if i am only using my laptop at home. I am retired so no work is done at home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-connection/c9cb8e3d-c46a-4f6c-a847-76351e479010
  4. VPN Connect

VPN Connect: Hi I am very much a novice when it comes to network config. I am current working on establishing a VPN connection between multiple computers to share files & work data via WAN and I need help with a couple questions So far, I’ve been able to create a PPTP VPN server using...
  5. VPN connection

VPN connection: Hi I have a weird issue using a VPN, for some reason it wont work on my main machine ( version 2004 build 19041.423 ) The things I have tested : At first I thought it was a network issue , so i trued the set up the vpn with the same credentials on my crapy laptop and...
  6. VPN Not Connecting

VPN Not Connecting: My vpn while connecting gives error "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer" This error is mostly faces when user change its internet connection. VPN connect on one...
  7. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  8. VPN CONNECTION

VPN CONNECTION: Have setup a network connection in windows 10 to use with a VPN [FREEVPN.ME] but, when I try to connect, it states 'connecting' and does not say 'connected'. Is this a firewall problem? Anyone familiar with FREEVPN.ME?...
  9. VPN never connecting (+ question)

VPN never connecting (+ question): I've known I had this problem for months now (at least a year maybe?), but I've never really thought about the importance of not having a VPN - and being ignorant of what it's for for too long, as I'd never even heard of them until relatively recently. My problem is partly...
  10. connecting to vpn

connecting to vpn: is there any way to connect to a VPN without actually moving to whole another page? 13105