Windows 10: Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

Discus and support Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tiaexz, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Tiaexz Win User

Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

Hello,

I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues.

The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the system froze. I am not exactly sure why it froze but it got left for 10 minutes and it didn't recover, so the system was hard-reset. Luckily everything seemed fine on the restart.

So I try to do the process again, the little window goes up, does the spinny to connect then it just quits/terminates without any warning. In short, it connects then the process simply self-terminates.

I am presuming due to the partial alteration which was aborted, this is now throwing up errors which prevents the system from being able to merge the accounts.

Any ideas how to get around this?

:)

Tiaexz, Aug 4, 2015

2. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

I mean that I want to make the volume of the speaker to zero but when I plug in my headphone and I want it to be 10.

Microsoft account user, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Tiaexz Win User

In classic style, after a couple of days, I hear a random shout "What is this thing?", I go to the computer and it was asking for microsoft account sign in, then it decided to do the merger without issue.

Ignore thread.

Tiaexz, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Connecting User Account

2. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  3. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  4. how to connect microsoft account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect microsoft account to local account: i have an activated win 10 license that is connected to my account but i don't want to use my phone every time i log in since i use 2 factor authentication and always asks me to log in to my pc and i want to use an actual password instead...
  5. how to connect microsoft account to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect microsoft account to local account: i have an activated win 10 license that is connected to my account but i don't want to use my phone every time i log in since i use 2 factor authentication and always asks me to log in to my pc and i want to use an actual password instead...
  6. Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts: Hi, My daughter added her microsoft account for school to my windows user account before I had added mine making it the default. I have added her as a user and put her Microsoft account on it. I would like to remove her Microsoft account off my user account but it doesn't...
  7. User folders and Microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    User folders and Microsoft account ?: I have now changed so I log on with my Microsoft account. If I look in the Users folder there is NO folder with my MSAcount name ! On the other hand there IS a folder for the a user I way back used - I think that a local account - right ? How do I get rid of that - OR...
  8. Connection between local users and Microsoft accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connection between local users and Microsoft accounts?: Im trying to improve what I understand about Windows accounts. I know that there is a great deal of information on this Forum, including a number of relevant tutorials, but Im still confused about certain basic matters. 1. Does an Administrator who is set up as a Local...
  9. User accounts and Microsoft accounts

User accounts and Microsoft accounts: Our genealogy club has a room with a few PCs that members may use to access online databases the club pays for. With Windows 7, members use a flash drive for data transfer between their home PC and a club PC. If a member had a Microsoft account and could log in to a club...
  10. User profile of a Microsoft account

User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612