Windows 10: Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use

Discus and support Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello folks, This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with. I am in a situation, where I need to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crackhammer, May 27, 2016.

1. Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use

Hello folks,

This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with.

I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket router, Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered: Computers Accessories which I think can be used for this purpose. I just want to confirm, it is indeed possible.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, May 27, 2016

2. Internet keeps getting disconnected from the router

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• Is the Ethernet cable tightly connected to your PC and router?
    • Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable or plugging the cable on a different Ethernet port on your router and PC?
    • Have you tried checking the Ethernet cable if there's any physical damage?

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 cant connect to internet

thanks for trying to help, Robert. Yes my router is only 2 feet away, but with no reset button. The wifi shows up as (x) secured, Power-cycling, entering SSID, have no effect. No problem connecting to the router by ethernet cable, except the sheer physical
    inconvenience. 2 months now with no wifi!

NickMcElwaine, May 27, 2016
Thema:

Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use

1. Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use - Similar Threads - Connecting wifi physical

2. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...: When i plug in my ethernet cable to my laptop it says that its connected to the Wifi extenders Wifi, even tho I have turned off the Wifi extender through the app and unplugged it. I have also clicked forget the wifi....
  3. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...: When i plug in my ethernet cable to my laptop it says that its connected to the Wifi extenders Wifi, even tho I have turned off the Wifi extender through the app and unplugged it. I have also clicked forget the wifi....
  4. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  6. Ethernet Cable Connection

Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  7. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable: Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this happens, the wifi options will disappear. This has been getting worst recently, and now my wifi does not work at all. The intel...
  8. I cant connect to wifi after using an ethernet cable

I cant connect to wifi after using an ethernet cable: Hello, So I'm having an issue which is not being able to connect to the wifi and I think it because I used an ethernet because whenever I had the ethernet connected whenever I tried to connect to the wifi normally a message would say connected no wifi or something like that...
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...