Windows 10: Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

Discus and support Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is annoying that you can connect android tablets to a pc using standard usb cables to allow fast file transfer but you cannot connect a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cereberus, Sep 24, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

It is annoying that you can connect android tablets to a pc using standard usb cables to allow fast file transfer but you cannot connect a windows tablet in same way. Indeed connecting via standard usb cables can fry the usb ports or even cause a fire.

I can transfer by wifi using shareit but that is limited to about 5 MB/s compared with alleged 60 MB/s with usb2 (tablets rarely have usb3).

Has anybody ever used a usb bridging cable on Windows 10?

Most references I see only refer to Windows 7.

Edit: Just remembered I had a usb to ethernet adaptor. I connected that to tablet (via an otg cable), and connected to pc via ethernet cable and created adhoc network as follows by configuring ethernet adaptor on pc as

lan ip : 192.168.0.5
    mask : 255.255.255.0
    gateway ip: 192.168.0.4 (tablet lan IP)DNS server 1 : 8.8.8.8
    DNS server 2 : 8.8.4.4

and on tablet, I swapped lan ip and gateway IP as follows

lan ip : 192.168.0.5
    mask : 255.255.255.0
    gateway ip : 192.168.0.4 (pc lan IP)DNS server 1 : 8.8.8.8
    DNS server 2 : 8.8.4.4

I was able to see pc network from tablet, and copy files to/from tablet from shared directories I set up.

Was not that fast at around 11.5 MB/s but quite a bit faster than wifi shareit (using smb is painfully slow at around 1 MB/S. Shareit is much faster but fluctuates between 3&5GB/s and is a bit of a PITA to use).

I can now transfer a 1GB file in around 90 seconds. Even using my SD card does not go much faster than that. Also, as quicker, it is less heavy on tablet battery.

Still interested to see if anybody uses usb bridging cables though.

:)

cereberus, Sep 24, 2017
  2. bk330151 Win User

Internet connection N8 via USB to tablet Android

Can someone help me Tethering N8 to the asus transformer TF101 tablet via USB port (connectivity - usb - PC connection)

bk330151, Sep 24, 2017
  3. cepcep Win User
    Tablet PC with Windows 10 does not see 2nd monitor

hello

trying to connect a large monitor to my windows 10 tablet (Acer) via USB connection

The monitor shows up on devices connected to the Tablet; but not on Windows devices list so I can add it

ideas?

cepcep, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

I do believe the tablet has to support USB Device Mode. Once switched to that mode you can connect via USB directly. Like you do with a camera or MP3 player etc.
    I have never use a USB bridge cable.

alphanumeric, Sep 25, 2017
Thema:

Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

1. Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable? - Similar Threads - Connecting tablet via

2. my phone not connected to pc via usb cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my phone not connected to pc via usb cable: my phone not connected to pc via usb cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-phone-not-connected-to-pc-via-usb-cable/739b060c-9bbc-4171-826b-f21629c6afdf
  3. my phone not connected to pc via usb cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my phone not connected to pc via usb cable: my phone not connected to pc via usb cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-phone-not-connected-to-pc-via-usb-cable/739b060c-9bbc-4171-826b-f21629c6afdf
  4. Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable: ok so, last week i pull some files from my cp to my laptop and it works, so now idk why it doesnt work, when i tried to connect my cp to my laptop, theres no notification in cp and laptop, like "your device is ready for setup" nothing. OFC 'USB debugging' and 'devloper...
  5. Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable

Phone cant connect to my Laptop via USB Cable: ok so, last week i pull some files from my cp to my laptop and it works, so now idk why it doesnt work, when i tried to connect my cp to my laptop, theres no notification in cp and laptop, like "your device is ready for setup" nothing. OFC 'USB debugging' and 'devloper...
  6. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  7. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  8. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Issue connecting switch pro controller to PC via USB to USB-C cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue connecting switch pro controller to PC via USB to USB-C cable: When I try to connect my switch pro controller to my pc, my pc detects the controller, but the controller won’t stay connected for more than 10 seconds before it turns off. Usually the controller turns off a few seconds after it connects to my pc. Does anyone know how to fix...
  10. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...