Windows 10: Connecting with Remote Desktop when Windows 10 is in sleep?

Discus and support Connecting with Remote Desktop when Windows 10 is in sleep? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I am on the road 4 days a week, I have my Windows 10 pc enter sleep after an hour of non-use. This prevents me from remote desktoping in when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gizbug, Aug 26, 2015.

1. gizbug Win User

Connecting with Remote Desktop when Windows 10 is in sleep?

Since I am on the road 4 days a week, I have my Windows 10 pc enter sleep after an hour of non-use.
    This prevents me from remote desktoping in when I am on the road. How can I have my PC wake, when I try to remote desktop in? My wireless network card/drivers do not have a windows 10 version out yet, I am using windows 8.1 version of drivers, and there is no option under advanced for Wake on anything...

Thanks

:)

gizbug, Aug 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Can someone please tell me how to find Remote Desktop in windows 10 ?

I did find the remote desktop connection in the app store , but when I try to open it crashes immediately

Ahollister-Texas, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Javerre Win User
    Touchpad disabled following remote desktop session

Hi,

I have a laptop with a touchpad running windows 10. The "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" option in touchpad settings is set to "off". I have enabled incoming remote desktop connections to this laptop and use this feature to connect from another
    machine.

In normal use, the laptop touchpad operates correctly. If I connect an external mouse to the laptop, the touchpad stops responding (as expected) and resumes operation when I remove the external mouse. So far, so good.

If I use another machine to remote desktop into the laptop (i.e. the laptop is acting as the remote desktop server), then I can happily control the laptop with the mouse connected to the remote desktop client machine (as expected). However, when I terminate
    the remote desktop connection, and try to use the laptop's touchpad, it no longer responds.

The only way I can then control the laptop is to connect an external mouse. On doing so, and opening the windows 10 touchpad settings dialog, I can see that windows 10 believes a mouse is connected (as expected). If I then unplug the mouse, this dialog
    indicates that the laptop continues to think a mouse is connected, meaning that the touchpad remains disabled. There is no way to resume normal operation without logging off or restarting windows.

So in summary, I conclude there is a bug in windows 10 that means when acting as a remote desktop server, the operating system incorrectly believes a mouse is connected when the remote desktop session ends, even though no mouse is actually present.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Javerre, Aug 26, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

You would need to have a router that allows for WOL (Wake On Lan).

bro67, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Connecting with Remote Desktop when Windows 10 is in sleep? - Similar Threads - Connecting Remote Desktop

2. Window Remote Desktop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Remote Desktop Sleep Issue: I have to log into a remote Windows 10 "server" it's just a Dell Windows computer to run Quickbooks for an organization I am in. I am also the administrator for this server. Recently I set up the ability to use sleep mode with the server - it only gets used by two people...
  3. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  5. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  6. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connections: I'm wondering if you can use an IP address to connect to a remote desktop regardless if both systems are on the same LAN or not? Using the full pc DNS name is working but acting differently when using an IP address. I thought you could......
  7. Remote desktop and sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop and sleep.: Finally, after an upgrade to 1903, my laptop knows how to go to sleep on its own! The effect this could have on worldwide carbon emissions could be phenomenal given the number of Windows machines in the world. However, at work, I use my laptop from my desktop via Remote...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...
  10. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10: How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...