Windows 10: Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it?

Discus and support Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had problems with my ISP where the ADSL light would turn off and on a lot so they send a guy and he says it's my router that is outdated! This new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Needhelpwithwin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it?

I had problems with my ISP where the ADSL light would turn off and on a lot so they send a guy and he says it's my router that is outdated! This new router does not have the problem the other had in that the ADSL shuts down then comes back but Win10 is still acting like it is dropping connection by showing that red X in the little connection icon from time to time.

To me this new router might be what? More tolerable with garbage connections and he gave me it to fool me? This new one ADSL light does not even blink and acts like nothing bad is happening!!!

Well ISP said everything is fine so I would like to now if ping tests are accurate to show micro disconnections.

I google it and found that if I type ping -t 8.8.8.8 on power shell and I get a request timed out it means I'm having disconnections and my internet is bad. Is it right/accurate? Should I only be getting Replies and nothing more?

:)

Needhelpwithwin, Oct 30, 2017
  2. ErmineMD Win User

Windows 10 DPC latency issue with ndis & tcpip.sys

DPC peaks are gone for me too. Microsoft definitely fixed something.

Serial 1–254 crazy ping test still fails.

Random 1–254 crazy ping test still does not.

ErmineMD, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

I've been experiencing this for weeks with the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10, and I believe it is due to an unstable internet connection. My internet connection is pretty flakey, so I've been keeping a "ping -t google.com" running in a command window
    so I can see the ping response time and when ping packets are getting dropped. My connection can be fine for minutes or hours at a time, but it can also abruptly stop responding for seconds or minutes at a time, or slow down to 1-3 seconds for a ping response.

Unfortunately, because the Wi-Fi infrastructure belongs to someone else, I cannot fix the Wi-Fi. But even so, Chrome should not behave so badly with an intermittent internet connection. Just because the internet drops or slows down, my Chrome windows should
    not become completely unresponsive. (I cannot scroll in the frozen window. I cannot switch tabs.)

So, yes, while there's a problem with the WiFi, there's also a problem with Chrome!

MartinW101, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it?

Running a ping t is in fact a DOS attack many devices will stop in order to protect its self. Using a tracert is better as it shows were the connection drops and will often show a faulty router

Use
    Tracert 194.119.131.66 or any domain name it may show local is ok but if they have a small pipe to some countries it may drop.
    For ADSL you need to remove any filters they aren't needed for router on phone it may show faulty one. If your using Ethernet try another cable if it's wireless it can be another router close on same channel

Samuria, Oct 31, 2017
  5. Thanks!
    I used Tracert 194.119.131.66 and the simple fact to just use it can cause Win10 show me this for a brief moment
    Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it? [​IMG]
    sometimes! It shows this icon even If I'm not even doing anything in the PC. First I thought it was Windows 10 but I really think it's something wrong with my ISP!

By filters you mean this:
    Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it? [​IMG]

I always used mine and it never gave me problems but even after removing it the problem still persists. I also tried another Ethernet cable and I still get the same problem.

Needhelpwithwin, Oct 31, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Run this and be sure to post TWO files it produces see if it tells us the problem

Please download and save FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit to your Desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    Press Scan button.
    It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    Please copy and paste log back .
    The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe).

Samuria, Oct 31, 2017
  7. I really don't know what happened here but the technician guy that came here told me my old router was messed up and gave me a new one but the simple fact of changing back to the old one fixed my problem!!!

Now the new router is bad and the old one is good? Go figure!

I can even play online a racing game I had here without getting disconnected all the time while I was using the new router *Smile

Since I created this thread I would like to ask if there is some kind of registration ISP need to do with your new router or if they messed up something. Can anyone explain to me what just happened?

Needhelpwithwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it?

1. Connection dropping for 1 sec. Is a ping test accurate to prove it? - Similar Threads - Connection dropping sec

2. Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec: Ntoskrnl.exeTCPSrc: laptopDest: routerStarting port on laptop: 58307Ending port on laptop: 58695The target port on the router is random, i.e. 3368, 55000, 4433, 2103, 20.Ntoskrnl.exe polls 388 ports in a secWhy is this program doing this?What settings are needed to change...
  3. Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec: Ntoskrnl.exeTCPSrc: laptopDest: routerStarting port on laptop: 58307Ending port on laptop: 58695The target port on the router is random, i.e. 3368, 55000, 4433, 2103, 20.Ntoskrnl.exe polls 388 ports in a secWhy is this program doing this?What settings are needed to change...
  4. Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. High Ping ON ONLY 1 PC

High Ping ON ONLY 1 PC: I recently received a second hand laptop and at first it was doing fine. After a few days I start having high ping in all games. Its not just high ping. No only does it only occur in this computer but it happens randomly. I always start with normal ping then it Itll fluctuate...
  6. Battery Light - Blinking Orange 1 sec On/1 sec Off Battery @ 100% Fully Charged Laptop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Light - Blinking Orange 1 sec On/1 sec Off Battery @ 100% Fully Charged Laptop...: Good day! Battery light is blinking orange 1 sec on/1 sec off and as per the battery notif in the taskbar it is currently at 100% fully charged but when I unplug the ac it automatically shuts down. The laptop will not turn on unless it is connected to the ac. Laptop is an...
  7. Ping test resulted on CMD as "no resources"

Ping test resulted on CMD as "no resources": Today I pinged an IP for 3 hours,All the packets were received except 1 packet, It said "no resources",Normally it says request timed out, wondering if anyone can tell me what that 1 lost packet with "no resources" mean 161910
  8. Ping test resulted on CMD as "no resources"

Ping test resulted on CMD as "no resources": Today I pinged an IP for 3 hours,All the packets were received except 1 packet,It said "no resources",Normally it says request timed out, wondering if anyone can tell me what that 1 lost packet with "no resources" mean...
  9. [Belfast] - Lamya - Test 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Belfast] - Lamya - Test 1: test Q 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/belfast-lamya-test-1/c4a28dd7-57e0-473d-96f8-d6bb3f5edd5e
  10. Any solution to this ping drop is highly thankable. My router keeps dropping the ping on a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any solution to this ping drop is highly thankable. My router keeps dropping the ping on a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arkrishna [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fchsdj/any_solution_to_this_ping_drop_is_highly/