Windows 10: Connection errors with multiple browsers

Discus and support Connection errors with multiple browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A couple of day ago I began getting connection errors when trying to connect to certain sites that I visit daily. This did not affect all sites, but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Brad2900, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Brad2900 Win User

Connection errors with multiple browsers

A couple of day ago I began getting connection errors when trying to connect to certain sites that I visit daily. This did not affect all sites, but just a few.
    Below are the errors that I would get using 3 different browsers.

Firefox error: An error occurred during a connection to xxxx.com. Peers certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE.

Google Chrome error: This site can't provide a secure connection. xxxx.com sent an invalid response.

Microsoft Edge error: Can't connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS Security settings.

Since this was occurring with 3 different browsers, I assumed that this was more of a global problem.

After some online research, I ran across some info that said to delete the “cert8” file in Firefox to fix this problem with this browser. I did and sure enough this issue has been resolved with Firefox.
    My question is now how to apply the similar fix to both Edge and Chrome where the problem still continues.
    Also, why did this hit all 3 browsers at once? And is there a master setting that can fix them all at once?
    There had not been any software updates or installs/uninstalls at the time this happened, so I'm a bit confused as to what suddenly brought this on all at once.
    Thanks for any suggestions on how to fix this issue and why it even happened at all.

:)

Brad2900, Nov 28, 2017
  2. hadimassa Win User

N97 MINI - 'UNABLE TO PERFORM OPERATION' WHEN TRYING TO SEARCH THE WEB

You're trying to make multiple connections at the same time. Close all connections before you open your browser.

hadimassa, Nov 28, 2017
  3. E75 blackberry connect

Does Nokia E75 has option for blackberry connect and can we open multiple browsers on it?

saqibdawood---01, Nov 28, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

Microsoft Edge error: Can't connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS Security settings.

I use to get that a lot till one day a pop up asked How Likely are you to tell a friend about EDGE, I responded back I wont, to slow, waiting on response, cant connect securely, since then it takes sometime to load pages, but haven't received Cant connect securely.

MrHudson, Nov 29, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Check date and time on the pc if thats wrong it makes certs invalid

Samuria, Nov 29, 2017
  6. Skipperl Win User
    Any final solutions? I am helping someone troubleshoot same issue. It happens when they connect to a secure wifi in our building. It does not happen when connecting to unsecured WiFi connection in our building.

Skipperl, Jan 16, 2018
  7. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connection errors with multiple browsers - Similar Threads - Connection errors multiple

2. Bypassing "Not Secure Connection" Error on Browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Bypassing "Not Secure Connection" Error on Browsers: I have set up a test website with a self signed certificate on a VPS server. The site should be accessed by https://serverIPaddress/admin Since the website has a self signed SSL certificate, Firefox and IE etc are blocking my access to the site and throwing the following...
  3. Multiple Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Errors: I have the ever-so-popular logfiles srt srttrail.txt error showing up on my main computer, however when I try to fix it through suggestions on this website and other websites, I either don't solve the issue or I end up having to use bootrec /fixboot. I've already looked into...
  4. Opera browser initial connections...

in Browsers and Email
    Opera browser initial connections...: The Opera browser, version 56.0.3051.116, home page set to DDG. Every time the browser starts, it connects to the following URLs: [img] The connection is just a keep alive, no actual activities between the banks and the Opera browser that I can see. This system also have...
  5. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  6. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  7. Connecting multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting multiple monitors: How can I connect 2 additional monitors to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/connecting-multiple-monitors/0d49605f-1f19-4071-ab95-082d37038a0e
  8. No Browser but Edge Will Connect

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser but Edge Will Connect: Our problem is eerily similar to the one posted by grandpa1948 Edge browser owns my laptop. I didn't want to piggyback onto his thread, and from reading his thread, he didn't seem to achieve any resolution. This is a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5153. It has Firefox, IE11 and...
  9. Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites: Hi I have a DNS account, the access works fine from my phone, tablet and mac. However when I try to connect via any browser on my Windows 10 machine its unable to connect. Any ideas? Cheers Phil 79672
  10. Multiple Network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Network connections: Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these connections. [img] I have tried disabling them. Is it safe to delete them..? and is it safe to do so. Thanks. 65209