Windows 10: Connection times out for one specific website

Discus and support Connection times out for one specific website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I recently have gone off to college, bringing a desktop, a laptop and an iPhone. All websites except my school's website(s) load perfectly on all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jescat26, Aug 27, 2018.

1. jescat26 Win User

Connection times out for one specific website

So I recently have gone off to college, bringing a desktop, a laptop and an iPhone. All websites except my school's website(s) load perfectly on all three devices, but only my phone can access school-related websites. So school.edu, xxx.school.edu, anything like that will not load, it says the connection has timed out. I've tried everything I can think of. I don't think it's the websites themselves since the phone will load them nor do I think it's the network because everything else loads. I don't know what else to do. Both computers are running Windows 10.

So far, I've tried:

different browsers (chrome, ie, edge, and firefox)

clearing cookies

restoring firewall to default settings

restarting both machines

switching networks (from the student network to the guest network, it works less than half the time)

:)

jescat26, Aug 27, 2018

2. Can't connect to one specific website

Hi Adrian,

You concern with the website that you're unable to access can be due to incompatibility issues between the recent update that you've done and with your University website. Can you confirm if you're still experiencing this issue as of the moment? If so, we
    apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience this has caused you. We also appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Since this issue only started when you updated Windows, we suggest that you rollback to the previous version. to do this, you can restore from a system restore point. This will take your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a
    system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new Windows update. Also, this won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Follow the steps below on how to restore from a system restore point:

• Select the Start button, type control panel
      and then choose it from the list of results.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Once done, check if you're able to access your University website.

We'll wait for any update so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 27, 2018
  3. time has come

A few suggestions:

• Use a decent topic title
    • Tell us how far you got it so far
    • Add specifications, are you using that A8N in your specs?
    • Did lowering the memory speed help?
    • Did you raise the voltage?

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Connection times out for one specific website

Connection to websites

Hello,

We understand that you are having connection issues with your PC. We would like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How is your PC connected to the internet? Hard wired or wireless?
    • If you are using a wireless connection, are there other devices connected to the internet? Are they having issues as well?
    • If you are using a hard wired connection, have you tried to do any troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you provide us the exact message on your screen when you access any websites?

Here's a
    support article
    that you can check. This provides several troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue regarding network connections in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Connection times out for one specific website

1. Connection times out for one specific website - Similar Threads - Connection times specific

2. I am unable to connect to some specific websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to connect to some specific websites: I am not able to connect to some websites for example google, bing, youtube etc. Each time i get an error message saying this page isnt working. I tried brave and edge both having the same problem. I went into the proxy settings and there was a checkmark infront of "Use proxy...
  3. I am unable to connect to some specific websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to connect to some specific websites: I am not able to connect to some websites for example google, bing, youtube etc. Each time i get an error message saying this page isnt working. I tried brave and edge both having the same problem. I went into the proxy settings and there was a checkmark infront of "Use proxy...
  4. Connection Time Out for certain websites while other websites or LAN access are OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection Time Out for certain websites while other websites or LAN access are OK: This problem appears frequently but not sure what the reason is.When the problem happens:1. For browser going to China website, such as qq.com, zhihu.com and other famous websites which are less likely to be down, browser reports ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Microsoft Edge and...
  5. Connection Time Out for certain websites while other websites or LAN access are OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection Time Out for certain websites while other websites or LAN access are OK: This problem appears frequently but not sure what the reason is.When the problem happens:1. For browser going to China website, such as qq.com, zhihu.com and other famous websites which are less likely to be down, browser reports ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Microsoft Edge and...
  6. websites time out error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    websites time out error: i can not get on to nordvpn keeps time out error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/websites-time-out-error/b88cafbf-db10-4dfa-8695-8d538f5bc590
  7. Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection appears to be fine, but can't connect as websites "time out".: I am on Windows 10. Internet connection shows no problems with Troubleshooter. Have checked Firewall and Adapter settings and they appear fine. I get an "ERR connection timed out" message for websites, or websites connect and then do not move. When I do get a connection,...
  8. Privacy error on one computer for one specific website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy error on one computer for one specific website: Hello, I hope someone here can help, because I feel like I have exhausted all of my other options. So I have a website, Josh and Jamie Photography | Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach Wedding Photography, that is built on the Wordpress platform. If I access my site or WP...
  9. No audio on specific website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio on specific website: No audio on specific website. "tech" from India says drivers damaged but refused to tell me where these drivers were and wanted money to fix it. When I wouldn't pay she said she couldn't help me and had more important calls to take. Thanks for providing access to scams from...
  10. Websites timing out regularly

in Browsers and Email
    Websites timing out regularly: Hi all, Just bought a new laptop and upgraded it up to Windows 10. I've installed chrome without any problems but I'm struggling to access certain websites - I keep getting a webpage not available 'EER_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT' I've tried it on Windows Edge and Firefox...