Windows 10: Connection Troubles with LAN Router

Discus and support Connection Troubles with LAN Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This maybe a longer experiment. There are only 11 channels, try them till you find the best. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Connection Troubles with LAN Router

This maybe a longer experiment. There are only 11 channels, try them till you find the best.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018

2. My household has 2 internet routers and 2 different plans: one is the one we used for the entire house (call this Alpha) and the other is the one that belongs to my grandmother when we moved it from her house to ours (this is Theta). Both router's use a wireless internet plan by Plateau

The alpha router was OUR home router, while my dad decided to move my grandmother's theta router (on a different internet plan funded by her money) to the living room and use that for his computer; I did different tests with my computer, ipconfig /flushdns, cleaned the cache and anything considered junk,. ran dism and sfc, did a chkdsk scan, ran virus scans with mcafee and superantivirus, even used the default windows troubleshooter (did NOTHING btw), and im stumped

At certain times for whatever reason, I lose the ability to connect to FanFiction for an unknown amount of time with the alpha router. Sometimes if I unplug it, let it power down and refresh and plug it back in it does nothing at all, other times it works for maybe a few seconds and back to no connection, and the rest of the time it comes back and lets me browse normally like nothings a problem anymore. It has to be something in my computer doing this because if I switch to the theta router I never have this problem (besides the slightly slower internet speed), and if I try to visit FanFiction on my mobile device or my samsung smart 4k tv, I can connect just fine.

I have no idea what to provide past this point, so if any help can be given, that would be appreciated

:)

BrokenDaily, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Remote Desktop

Same private lan, same router, all with wired connections to the same router.

No typo in the IP. 192.168.0.6 is the static assigned IP address to the HP laptop running Windows Home Edition. My other two machines are desktops, Windows 7 Pro (192.168.0.5) and Windows 10 Pro (192.168.0.2). Neither machine has trouble connecting. Confirmed
    IP using IPCONFIG command.

I can share files across the computers.

As I mentioned, RD has worked trouble free for years. The Laptop stopped working about a week or two ago.

davidbillingsley, Apr 16, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Connection Troubles with LAN Router

Which Method can block others person edit my ipv4 address?

Most PC's on a LAN will be assigned the IP by the router that the PC connects to. Many routers let you assign a specific lan IP to a specific connected device's mac id. Turn off your DHCP if you want to keep the same lan IP. But another device may
    be using it when you are offline & then you will have problems trying to get connection onto your LAN.

'Mike P, Apr 16, 2018
  5. Hi BrokenDaily

Do you see the same behaviour if you are wired to Alpha router?

You didn't give us too much detail on the Alpha router. Is it dual band? I'll bet your phone and 4K TV have AC (5GHz radios)

I ask as my Netgear R6300 died, or basically died on the 2.4 GHz band but worked just fine on 5GHz.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 17, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    We need to know what the ip of each router is if they are inthe same 192.168.1.0 range you will have problems and if they are both on the same channel they will kill each other

Samuria, Apr 17, 2018
  7. its a greenpacket router. I couldn't find much info on the back of it, nor its IP Accessable control panel (with greenpacket its apparently 192.168.15.1). I'm going to assume its possibly 5 GHz since its LTE internet. Both router's we have are model DT-235.

BrokenDaily, Apr 17, 2018
  8. Samuria Win User

For us to get the info open a cmd prompt then type

ipconfig /all

post results when connected to both router ie connect to one run cmd then connect other

Samuria, Apr 17, 2018
  9. Okay it looks like that is just a 2.4Ghz router so the idea that one radio is failing is not likely.

So back to my question about wired / wireless.

Here are the instructions to log in.

http://setuprouter.com/router/greenp...-235/login.htm

You can move channel on one router. Channels 1, 6 and 11 don't over lap.

Caledon Ken, Apr 17, 2018
  10. I changed the wifi radio channel to 6, and it seems to have worked; I'd like to keep this as unsolved for at least a week at most, to see if this problem happens again, but if it doesn't ill mark it as solved myself

Update: while it does work, it seems the tradeoff is slow internet connection, and it improves when I switch the radio channel back to auto; some will say "get better internet", but my mother went to new york on a semi-permanent basis to take care of her father who's getting on in his age, so what money we have needs to last until my father gets a job, or she gets a job and sends money our way (there's more to this, but that's neither here nor there)

and the choices for internet where I live, are very few and far in-between, with the schools in town having the better connections than normal consumer internet

BrokenDaily, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Connection Troubles with LAN Router - Similar Threads - Connection Troubles LAN

2. Router connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  3. Router connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router connection: I am running windows 10 with no problems except my router.My computer will not connect via ethernet using the cable supplied or any other cable.I have to use wifi instead.I have had the router checked by Vodafone & all is fine.The cables have been checked by BTOpenreach & all...
  4. Router connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Router Trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Trouble: I am completely stumped. I’ve been having router troubles over the past few days. I will explain my situation and then what I’ve done to troubleshoot so I don’t waste anyone’s time. I recently moved my room around and after resetting my router and modem, my router would no...
  6. New router, no LAN

New router, no LAN: I updated from DSL (modem/router) to cable (modem/router). Both of my computers had read/write access to my shared folders with the DSL service. When the cable modem/router was installed, both of my computers can access the internet. Both computers can see that the other...
  7. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  8. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  9. PC is having trouble connecting to printer on blocked LAN IP

PC is having trouble connecting to printer on blocked LAN IP: I am trying to connect to a printer on the same network as me. Windows can't see it, and when I look at its IP address in my browser it shows up as blocked. Doing a ping in command prompt shows total packet loss. I've disabled my firewall and antivirus and gotten the same...
  10. connect router

connect router: how to connect router to a cable all in one modem 31167