Windows 10: Connectivity issues that have to do with name resolution

Discus and support Connectivity issues that have to do with name resolution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having an issue for a few days where my internet will disconnect from time to time. However, this only happens on my Windows 10 laptop. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Toxiconym, May 23, 2016.

1. Toxiconym Win User

Connectivity issues that have to do with name resolution

I've been having an issue for a few days where my internet will disconnect from time to time. However, this only happens on my Windows 10 laptop. Every other device I own works fine and uses the internet flawlessly, the other devices I use are an android smartphone and a separate Windows 7 computer.
    When the problem happens, a yellow triangle will show up on the wifi symbol. If I troubleshoot the problem, it'll fix itself, often telling me it's fixing something in the name resolution, or fixing a network protocol as an administrator.
    If I surf the web and use the internet lightly it doesn't happen too often, but if I do as much as play a game, it'll happen every five minutes. No, that's not an exaggeration.

What could be the source of the problem and how do I fix it?

:)

Toxiconym, May 23, 2016

2. Microsoft says that they have nothing to do with the Insider program

I am still trying to get help from Microsoft to get !e into my computer that do not have any administrative Rights to I have a blue screen which neither myself or support can get past. It says that Insider ran into problems and it will not open!! NTFS
    File System is the reason that Insider has to repair my computer before it can open for me. This blue screen I have read is .called the Blue Screen of Death. Microsoft told me today that they do not stand behind the Insider Program and I was going to have
    to pay over $100.00 to get their help to fix this for me!! Anyone csn you please tell me what I have to do in order to get this cleared up? I. Have been dealing with this mess with Microsoft for over s year now ever since that terrible Windows 10 anniversary
    edition was downloaded onto my computer. This has been a year of constant fighting to do anything on my own computer. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE??

MICHAEL AND MARTHA CULBERTSON, May 23, 2016
  3. Microsoft says that they have nothing to do with the Insider program

No i totally agree with you on this .But my problem is that I .don't have the money to do this when it all started because Microsofts update of their anniversary edition.

MICHAEL AND MARTHA CULBERTSON, May 23, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Update the Wifi driver from either the Laptop Manufacturer or from the Wifi device Manufacturer. The Generic windows driver does not always work correctly.

wyldman68, May 24, 2016
  5. Toxiconym Win User
    Will do. Will tell you how it turns out.

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
  6. Toxiconym Win User
    They've been updated, they are at their latest.
    The problem persists. One thing I've noted is if I disconnect from the wifi, the 'connect automatically' box will be unchecked, even if I checked it before.

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
  7. wyldman68 Win User
    Go into the device manager and properties for the device and uncheck power saving options. This has helped on a few machines that were disconnecting.

wyldman68, May 24, 2016
  8. Toxiconym Win User

I think.. I think that did it.
    Thanks!

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
  9. Toxiconym Win User
    Nevermind.
    It lasted longer this time, but the same thing happened.
    The power saving options are still unchecked.
    When I troubleshooted the problem, it said that the default gateway was not available, and that one or more network protocols were missing.

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
  10. Toxiconym Win User
    does no one know how to fix :;(

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Yes, but you also need to check signal strength and channel congestion by going into a Command Window and put in netsh wlan show all

Without you posting information on signal strength, congestion, Internet Speed for Download and Upload, model and manufacturer of the Gateway/Hotspot that you are using, the Wifi settings in there, no one can tell you what is going on, even though it is a fair guess of why you are getting booted.

bro67, May 24, 2016
  12. Toxiconym Win User
    I have a WNDR 3800 netgear router, arris modem, charter internet provider.
    27 ms ping, 18.22 mpbs download, 2.03 mbps upload.
    I used the command, what part of it do you need?

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

The ping does nothing. Still need the output of netsh wlan show all. If you are using the Netgear as a router behind the eMTA, you are always going to have problems. Also that device is no longer supported. If all that you want is better WiFi signal, get a Engenius ECB350 with a POE (Power Over Ethernet) module and then place it where ever you can connect it to a ethernet jack back to where the eMTA is.

You can get up to 150' of coverage with that A/P. It is the same one that I use in my house. I have zero issues with it.

bro67, May 24, 2016
  14. robgr Win User
    Try uninstalling the adapter and then rescan and let it reinstall
    Is the adapter using Windows drivers or vendor drivers?
    Does the internet work without issue when connected via LAN?
    Have you tried another browser, are you playing games via the browser?

robgr, May 24, 2016
  15. Toxiconym Win User
    Thank you for actually answering my question!!! I will try that when I get home.

Toxiconym, May 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Connectivity issues that have to do with name resolution - Similar Threads - Connectivity issues name

2. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  3. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  4. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor having resolution Issues: Hey there, I have a just bought a new Laptop and It has Windows 10 Preinstalled in it More details provided below. Now, I am using an External Display My old PC's Monitor which has maximum Resolution capacity - 1366 x 768 Model details given below so now if I connect my...
  5. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor having resolution Issues: Hey there, I have a just bought a new Laptop and It has Windows 10 Preinstalled in it More details provided below. Now, I am using an External Display My old PC's Monitor which has maximum Resolution capacity - 1366 x 768 Model details given below so now if I connect my...
  6. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Name resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name resolution: Olá,Tive o seguinte problema, vendo no log, ao conectar meu notebook na rede existe esse erro Resolução de nomes para o nome _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.xxxx.local. Tempo acabou. Depois de dimensionar uma VM, toda a rede caiu, alguém sabe se esse erro de resolução de nome tem algo...
  8. The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution

in Windows 10 News
    The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution: [IMG]While connecting to a VPN, if you see The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution message, you can follow this tutorial to fix this problem. It happens due to wrong public DNS settings or when the public DNS stops responding correctly. The VPN...
  9. Issues with having multiple resolution on one OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with having multiple resolution on one OS: Hi, I currently have 3 1080p monitors and 1 1440p monitor on my system. I noticed that some apps on the 1440p monitor will look blurry. I have enabled letting windows automatically fix blurry apps, and have also tried using custom scaling. Does anyone know of a fix for this...
  10. Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Issue: I have this problem on my pc where my resolution keeps changing automaticly and there isnt anything that I could do about. I tried everything like restalling drivers to updating them. I still fix this issue and I tried restarting my pc as well to see if that would have an...