Windows 10: Connectivity issues

Discus and support Connectivity issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past week or so, my HP laptop has not been connecting to a secure network that it used to connect to all the time in my room. I am in a college... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shanarumo, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Shanarumo Win User

Connectivity issues

For the past week or so, my HP laptop has not been connecting to a secure network that it used to connect to all the time in my room. I am in a college dorm. I can go anywhere on my campus and it will connect perfectly fine to the WiFi, but as soon as I come into my dorm, it won't connect. This is very troublesome when I need to get work done. I am on Windows 10 and have been for some time. I have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, to simply turning my laptop off and back on. Nothing is working. Any help would appreciated!

:)

Shanarumo, Nov 14, 2017
  2. WeezyD53 Win User

Connectivity Issues and Compatibility Issues

Hello
    Srimadhwa B,

Thank you for replying to my question.

The issue with my WinZip program is fixed. I got an answer back from Support at winzip.com, and what I was told to do worked. But I still have a problem with MSN Explorer, Belltech Greeting Card Designer and Plus! Digital Media Edition. I already have
    the latest versions of those programs, but I will try what is suggested in the post that you refer to and get back with you.

Thank you again!

WeezyD53, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Connectivity Issues and Compatibility Issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Ensure to install any pending updates and restart the computer to check if this helps. Further, you may also update the existing application or install the latest version of that application to check the status.

Most applications and hardware drivers designed for Windows 7 or later should work with Windows 10. Of course, with significant changes expected in Windows 10, it is best you contact the software developer and hardware vendor to find out about
    support for Windows 10.

Refer to the reply posted by “Andre Da Costa” from this thread:
    Data And softwares settings After Upgrade

Cheers.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Connectivity issues

Hi Shanarumo. Welcome to the TenForums @Shanarumo

While this could be your machine it could be the infrastructure in the dorm, things fail. Any of your neighbours having trouble. Can you connect your phone to it?

If you click on the wireless icon in your systray / notification area do you see the network you expect to connect to? Has it got good signal strength?

Any chance one of your neighbours created a little network of their own in a adjoining room, you would see networks with names not like your dorm network names.

Can you think of anything that happen just before the problem started. Something get installed on laptop, some new electrical device in room, laptop got banged.

Please check your Windows Update history and see if a driver was delivered to wireless card in the last seven / eight / nine days.

In Advance Power Settings there is a category called wireless, please check that battery and plugged in is set to maximum power.

You can run this command at a command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin)

Netsh wlan show all | clip

(produces report on wireless. Once output is produced the | clip portion of command places it on clipboard, ready to be pasted.)

Open Notepad and Crtl + V to paste. Save and close text file. This report will detail what your wireless card is seeing in the way of networks and their strength. You should be able to find network you are trying to connect to. It will also show all the other networks that are broadcasting and their strength. Have a look at file, for anything confidential you want to edit out and post. Hopefully someone can review with you.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Shanarumo Win User
    So my roommate has no trouble at all connecting and my phone connects just fine. It shows up in my notifications area when I try to connect to it. We have a guest wifi as well; I tried connecting to that, but it says that my account is not authenticated with the station. That makes me think it's some trouble between my laptop and the router. Though I can't reset the router as I don't have access to it.

Shanarumo, Nov 14, 2017
  6. Okay then lets try resetting your network.

Start => Settings => Network & internet => Scroll to bottom of right hand side =>Network Reset

This will cause you to “Forget” your wireless passwords and you may have to reset any VPN or customized communication software if you use. Please be advised.

The forgetting might get at credential issue.

If not type Credential Manager in Cortana, maybe it is stored under Web or Windows heading. Please do not delete things you can't recreate or have questions as to their purpose.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Connectivity issues

1. Connectivity issues - Similar Threads - Connectivity issues

2. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  3. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  4. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  6. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  7. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

8. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  9. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  10. Network Connection Issues

Network Connection Issues: This is the first time I've ever come across this issue:I cannot connect to any of my wifi networks on my laptop. The "available" networks aren't even found in my area, they don't show up on my PC, phone, tablet, or my husband's devices. It's only on my gaming laptop which...