Windows 10: Connects to network, no internet access.

Discus and support Connects to network, no internet access. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vanahemir, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Vanahemir Win User

Connects to network, no internet access.

Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help.

I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very first day. Now it only says "Connected, no internet access." The laptop and phone have full internet access from the same WiFi router without any problem. My PC is currently using a little Ralink Wireless USB.

What information can I give you guys to make solving this case a bit easier?
    What should I try?

(Thanks in advance)

:)

Vanahemir, Jul 5, 2016

2. How to pass network folder through internet connection sharing?

I am trying to give a desktop that is connected through internet connection sharing , access to a Network folder that is on my netgear router. I went to the settings for the internet sharing and attempted to add the network folder to it , the network folder
    is //fileshare on my network , and the desktop on the internet connection sharing will still not access the folder. It seems that the internet connection sharing is put on a separate network?

MichaelWeaser, Jul 5, 2016
  3. NETWORK

I WANT TO STOP AN APPLICATION FROM CONNECTING TO INTERNET WHILE ALLOWING IT TO ACCESS LOCAL NETWORK.

FOR EXAMPLE,

MY PC IS CONNECTED TO MY PRIVATE HOME NETWORK AND INTERNET IS ACCESSIBLE ON PC. THERE IS AN APP ON MY PC CALLED MOBOROBO MOBILE MANAGEMENT TOOL; I WANT TO STOP MOBOROBO FROM ACCESSING INTERNET, WHILE ALLOWING IT TO CONNECT MY PRIVATE NETWORK
    SO THAT I CAN CONNECT MY PHONE TO THIS APP THROUGH WIFI, WITH IN THE NETWORK.

I WANT ALL OTHER APPS TO HAVE ACCESS TO BOTH : LOCAL NETWORK AND INTERNET,

BUT

I WANT MOBOROBO TO HAVE ACCESS TO LOCAL (INTERIOR-PRIVATE) NETWORK ONLY.......NOT THE INTERNET

IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Muhammad MuneebSidi Ali, Jul 5, 2016
  4. Vanahemir Win User

So... after a few days of trial and error I got it to register that there is internet, but I only manage to load Google one time out of ten, and when it does load it is painfully slow. Any ideas what I should try?

Vanahemir, Jul 10, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    P
    try Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections tab, LAN settings button, assure the ONLY thing checked is "Automatically detect................". An ISP may specify settings for the Proxy section but most don't. Infections can put their own settings there.

Berton, Jul 10, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Go to Publisher page for Farbar Download the minitoolbox and Service Scanner tools. Both tools should hopefully flush anything out. I would also flush your Gateway connections on it, in case it is still holding on old lease info from where you were using it at before.

bro67, Jul 11, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    MiniToolBox can help here; it's on BleepingComputer's download section. Checkmark everything, run it, and restart. Report details will be helpful if the tool doesn't fix the problem.

RolandJS, Jul 11, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Roland there is of course the old tool that is still on Majorgeeks list of cleaning Malware that is available.

bro67, Jul 11, 2016
  9. Vanahemir Win User
    Thanks Berton! That is actually exactly what I did to get it to connect for a little while. However now when it "connects" I still can't load anything for more than a couple minutes.

Downloaded and ran those, and it didn't fix it, but here's the results... MTB not connected.txt

I saw that it said "Problem: : This device is disabled. (Code 22) Resolution: In Device Manager, click "Action", and then click "Enable Device". This starts the Enable Device wizard. Follow the instructions." However I'd like to point out that that card isn't working, that's why I got the wireless USB.

Thanks again for your help!

Vanahemir, Jul 11, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Remove Device and drivers from Device Manager, then reboot and do a clean up of all files. Then run sfc /scannow. When you reinstall, it should hopefully fix things. The other is go into the gateway and clear out any old connections, to see if that helps.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connects to network, no internet access. - Similar Threads - Connects network internet

2. Network connected, but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connected, but no internet access.: My laptop suddenly couldn't connect to internet. I've tried many different wifi and lan connection but it didn't work. It shows "No internet, secured". I had an update a few days ago, but after the update my laptop was working fine. This morning suddenly the problem occurs....
  3. Network connected, but no internet access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connected, but no internet access.: My laptop suddenly couldn't connect to internet. I've tried many different wifi and lan connection but it didn't work. It shows "No internet, secured". I had an update a few days ago, but after the update my laptop was working fine. This morning suddenly the problem occurs....
  4. Internet connection but no network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection but no network access: After a power outage we have one computer with a weird problem. The computer is able to access the internet but can't see any computers on the network and other computers cant see it either. All other computers are working normally. Ran nearly all of the troubleshooters with...
  5. network internet access

network internet access: question from a non techie, when signing into banking, browsing etc on the internet, my signal changes from private to public!!! I have had BT Tech out to check my equipment and there are no problems! Have been through all the get help which have not worked, the last thing I...
  6. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  7. Connected to network but no internet access

Connected to network but no internet access: Hi I have been facing an issue on my work PC for the past 3 days. I can connect to my corporate network or any other pocket wifi but there's no internet access. Apps like Outlook/skype/teams are do not have internet access. I also cant browse the internet. What...
  8. Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access

Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access: I am trying to share my wifi connection with my ethernet port. When I share my wifi the ethernet is not getting any internet/wifi access. This option worked intermittently for me but now I can never get a connection. Does anyone have a solution. Many thanks,...
  9. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access": Hi, I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer version of Windows my WiFi connection started having issues. Can anyone here help me identify where the problem is? Here are...
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...