Windows 10: Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client

Discus and support Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Laptop (Dell) that consistently reboots when the user is at home and trying to get work done via VPN through the SonicWall Global... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BoomSchtick, May 16, 2016.

1. Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client

I have a Windows 10 Laptop (Dell) that consistently reboots when the user is at home and trying to get work done via VPN through the SonicWall Global VPN Client. There are 50 dmp files in the attached zip file, so plenty to analyze. From the ones that I looked at, all the fault modules seemed to be one kind of a networking driver or another.

What I'm hoping to figure out is what I can do about it. I know that the VPN client is part of the problem, but it is at the latest version available (4.9.9.1016). I'm hoping you fine folks could maybe point me in the direction of something else that I can do to fix the BSOD problem.

Thanks so much!

:)

BoomSchtick, May 16, 2016

2. upgraded to windows 10, now no network hardware detected

To whom it applies,

The issue for me was caused by the global sonicwall VPN client. When Windows 10 upgraded, for whatever reason it replaced my network adapters with the sonicwall VPN adapter.

The solution was to revert to 8.1, uninstall the VPN client, and re-upgrade windows 10.

It's a known bug with the upgrade process and has happened to all of my colleagues.

Hope this helps...

PeterCipolletti, May 16, 2016
  3. DrIrv Win User
    Windows 10, tapisrv High CPU, and laptop docking with switching networks

It happens when I switch from home to office or office to home.

It also happened today after a reboot. In that case, at home, I opened up my VPN client (Dell SonicWall Global VPN Client), connected to the VPN, disconnected, and then TapiSrv started consuming CPU, even after the VPN was disconnected.

I don't always use the VPN when at home, but there's a chance that is the culprit.

DrIrv, May 16, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client

The dumpfiles are blaming Dnelwf64.sys
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 139, {3, fffff803cd6cae40, fffff803cd6cad98, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dnelwf64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dnelwf64.sys Probably caused by : dnelwf64.sys ( dnelwf64+1cc5 ) ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck C2, {7, 126c, 0, ffffe0012197c1b0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dnelwf64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dnelwf64.sys unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmPagedPoolEnd unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8026cb55b78 Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Dot11PacketConverterReturnPacket+d2 )[/quote] dnelwf64 Tue Oct 13 20:21:22 2015
    Driver Description: Citrix Deterministic Networks DNE Driver (Cisco VPN Client)
    Driver Update Site: NetScaler Unified Gateway - Support and Self-Help Resources
    Sonicwall recommends to uninstall all other VPN clients, is this a leftover file ?

In the event viewer under Problem devices:
    Check this and enable this device.
    And also: swvnic.sys Mon Feb 23 04:04:50 2009
    Driver Description: SonicWALL Virtual Miniport Driver
    Driver Update Site: Software and Security Support

Your network drivers are predating windows 10
    e1d65x64 Thu Jun 18 18:37:56 2015
    Driver Description: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
    Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software
    or OEM
    NETwew01 Tue Jan 06 17:19:19 2015
    Driver Description: Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver
    Driver Update Site: OEM
    or
    Drivers & Software
    Your supportpage for this laptop is Product Support | Dell US

Hope this give you some clues/startingpoint to fix this BSODproblem.

lifetec, May 16, 2016
  5. This is a fresh Windows 10 install from media created with MS's tools, so if the Citrix driver is in there, then the SonicWall install must have put it there. I'm guessing it's dependent on it. That Citrix link is dead.

I believe that it is normal for the SonicWall NIC to be disabled until it's called into use by the VPN client.

I'll get those Intel drivers updated for sure. Not sure how an old version got installed.

It might be worth noting, that I did the same bug check on some of the .dmp files. The latest one shows the same thing that you saw, but almost every one I tried had a different module at fault, but they were all networking related from what I could tell. Not sure what to make of that info though.

BoomSchtick, May 16, 2016
  6. Updated LAN and WLAN drivers and there was no blue screen this weekend. Hopefully we're over the hump.

BoomSchtick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client

1. Consistent BSOD's that stemming from SonicWall Global VPN Client - Similar Threads - Consistent BSOD's stemming

2. BSOD all stemming from ntoskrnl.exe / ntoskrnl.exe+3f90f0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD all stemming from ntoskrnl.exe / ntoskrnl.exe+3f90f0: Hello and thank you for any help possible!I am stumped. I put together a new computer and everything has been working fine except for the fact every once in a while I get BSOD w/ different codes but all with the same caused by driver and address. Some of the codes are :...
  3. BSOD all stemming from ntoskrnl.exe / ntoskrnl.exe+3f90f0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD all stemming from ntoskrnl.exe / ntoskrnl.exe+3f90f0: Hello and thank you for any help possible!I am stumped. I put together a new computer and everything has been working fine except for the fact every once in a while I get BSOD w/ different codes but all with the same caused by driver and address. Some of the codes are :...
  4. Checkpoint vpn client

Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  5. Checkpoint vpn client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  6. BSOD with kmode_exception_not_handled when using Global Protect VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with kmode_exception_not_handled when using Global Protect VPN: Facing BSOD while connected to the VPN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-with-kmodeexceptionnothandled-when-using/096ce8c5-7bbf-422a-b2a7-9f3b1e2da094
  7. BSOD with kmode_exception_not_handled when using Global Protect VPN

BSOD with kmode_exception_not_handled when using Global Protect VPN: Facing BSOD while connected to the VPN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-with-kmodeexceptionnothandled-when-using/096ce8c5-7bbf-422a-b2a7-9f3b1e2da094
  8. BSOD and BAD_POOL_CALLER after starting Global Protect VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and BAD_POOL_CALLER after starting Global Protect VPN: Hi....I am using a Dell XPS 13 laptop running Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1.OS Build: 19043.1052I need to use the VPN called Global Protect from Palo Alto Networks this VPN allows me to access patient data at the hospital I work at.However, when I start VPN, my laptop will go...
  9. VPN CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CLIENT: Since i install WINDOWS 10 20H2 my VPN CLIENT avaya is working bad. It was working OK on WINDOWS 10 1909. I can open my connexion but after fee seconds i receive a message "VPN tunnel is disconnected de to physical link lost". Can you help please ?...
  10. Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected: I used to run on Windows 8.1 Pro, and had various trouble with SonicWall Global. Once I installed Windows 10, the VPN stopped working, and I eventually got it working again by installing the network adapter manually per this thread (add legacy hardware)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. global vpn client bsod