Windows 10: Consistent long term problem with Outlook Web Email

Discus and support Consistent long term problem with Outlook Web Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This has been ongoing for weeks now. If I have for example 6 unread primary emails and say 6 unread emails on my secondary account (the actual numbers... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Consistent long term problem with Outlook Web Email

This has been ongoing for weeks now. If I have for example 6 unread primary emails and say 6 unread emails on my secondary account (the actual numbers don't matter) then I find that for both, the left hand column that shows the total of unread emails is always incorrect once I dive in.

For example.

6 unread. I open the first and the left hand count drops to 5. That's correct. I now use the dropdown arrow to move on to the next email. The count changes to 4 and the email opens. As the email opens the count jumps back to 5.

When I reach the end of the list in this way there is always an error of 1 email showing unread. When I then go back to 'inbox' the ghost entry of 1 drops disappears and all are shown as read.

Same for the secondary account.

There used to be a link within outlook for reporting issues but I can't seem to find that now. There is a feedback option but that says it is a 3rd party hosted suggestion site.

:)

Mooly, Jul 7, 2017

2. performance issues on Windows 10

original title - Help with Windows 10

Hi, After I installed Windows 10 about every 60 seconds my computer has a mini crash similar to a long automatic save. I never had this problem before I install Windows 10 and it happens consistently after 60 seconds. If I am in my picture library it
    will close it down and I have to start again. However, it will not interrupt programs on the web such as Netflicks or sending emails although in emails it will erase the few letters I am writing when it does its mini crash. Please please help me. I am a
    novice in terms of computers so please explain the fix simply. Thank you very much.

Peter D

PeterDunn21, Jul 7, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I import contacts in Windows 10?

Run a web search using this search term:

How to import contacts into name

where name is the name of your email program (like Office Outlook or Thunderbird) or email service, (like GMail, Outlook.com, or Yahoo Mail.)

Note that most email programs or email services require that contacts are in a particular format before they can be imported. The results of your web search will provide instructions.

BulldogXX, Jul 7, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

This problem has finally been resolved...

Thanks must go to the support staff out Outlook for all the help they have given. What started as a seemingly simple issue has seen me sending many videos of the misbehaviour to show how bad the issue was, and how it happened every time. Marking read emails as unread also generated an error in the count as viewed on W10 PC's. An Android tablet running alongside in real time did not have the error.

Fiddler trace debugging tools were installed and I was asked to perform various tests using the developer tools in IE. Nothing seemed to reveal the problem though. A different W10 PC, a different Outlook profile, all gave the same error. Edge and IE had the issue while using the Android tablet did not. We tried Google Chrome as a browser in W10 and that to had the same error although it was less prevalent.

The solution has come in switching to the new Beta of Outlook. That has been working 100% faultlessly in all respects for over a week now and so the case has been closed.

Its been an odd problem but one that seems to have been addressed with the forthcoming update.

Mooly, Sep 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Consistent long term problem with Outlook Web Email - Similar Threads - Consistent long term

2. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with outlook email: no email messages in inbox. email has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-outlook-email/8c7ba12b-89d3-4f40-bbe9-a238913acae4
  3. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with outlook email: no email messages in inbox. email has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-outlook-email/8c7ba12b-89d3-4f40-bbe9-a238913acae4
  4. problem with outlook email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. outlook email problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook email problems: How do I stop some emails being deleted without any action from me. Regards, Tom L. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-problems/d93d5902-d6c2-4806-9722-d279832c337d
  6. Long term charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long term charging issue: Shortly after taking delivery of my Tablet PC, 2-in-1, 5 years ago, it developed a glitch which I have managed to live with fairly well. It is now becoming more of a problem. In order to charge it I have had to restart or shutdown and re-boot. Only then does charging start....
  7. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  8. Outlook email problem

Outlook email problem: When I open an email in another window, previously viewed (and replied to) messages open up as well. this is just started happening today and I also get this error message [ATTACH] I don't have Skype and can't find these directories and Task Manager will not start up so I...
  9. Long term BSOD WHEA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...
  10. Long Term WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Term WiFi Issues: Hi all, I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my microPC as a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods. However I...