Windows 10: Console UWP Applications and File-system Access

Discus and support Console UWP Applications and File-system Access in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As announced in the May 2018 issue of MSDN Magazine, the latest Windows update introduces support for Console UWP apps. We’re also introducing support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 18, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Console UWP Applications and File-system Access

Source: Console UWP Applications and File-system Access - Windows Developer Blog

:)

Brink, May 18, 2018

2. Exception: DLL Not Found in UWP application

Hello,

I've recently get to know about the Microsoft's Project Centennial. I have a Win32/.NET application which I want to convert into UWP application. So for this, I used Desktop App Converter and the application Setup exe. The setup exe is created using
    Inno compiler and I'm packing the Spoon packed exe with it. After processing it through the Desktop App Converter, I created an app package using 'makeappx.exe'. Now whenever I install the application it gives me an error and application doesn't get launched.
    So I checked the LocalAppData folder of the application and found a 'SkipErrorLog.txt' file which says, "Could not load file or assembly "System.Data.SQLite.dll" or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified." I've checked inside spoon
    and this DLL is getting packed properly.

So is there any solution, so I can solve this error and my UWP application runs properly? Is there any other limitations which are related to UWP applications.

Aaditya Nerkar, May 20, 2018
  3. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., May 20, 2018
Thema:

Console UWP Applications and File-system Access

1. Console UWP Applications and File-system Access - Similar Threads - Console UWP Applications

2. Change file access like Windows UWP Apps files have.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file access like Windows UWP Apps files have.: I have a specific situation, 4 Users, Users A B C D, and all of them are Administrator accounts.I want to prevent users B C D from accessing some files completely. Like even they cannot take ownership of files back and change permission.Like the UWP Apps in Windows has. admin...
  3. Change file access like Windows UWP Apps files have.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file access like Windows UWP Apps files have.: I have a specific situation, 4 Users, Users A B C D, and all of them are Administrator accounts.I want to prevent users B C D from accessing some files completely. Like even they cannot take ownership of files back and change permission.Like the UWP Apps in Windows has. admin...
  4. Console Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Console Files: If i delete console files using disk cleanup in event viewer, will it happen in operating system files? Is deleting console files delete some system files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/console-files/9e3b7ee6-dd91-4769-9bcc-5a3061354da0
  5. Console Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Console Files: If i delete console files using disk cleanup in event viewer, will it happen in operating system files? Is deleting console files delete some system files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/console-files/9e3b7ee6-dd91-4769-9bcc-5a3061354da0
  6. Console Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...: First off, I have 3 OS's, Windows 10 21H1 on boot drive, Xubuntu 20.04 OS on boot drive, home partition on game drive, and an OS that changes a lot, right now it is an insider preview build of Windows 11 on game drive. Feel free to ignore the Linux install. In short, my boot...
  8. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  9. Audio Console no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Console no longer accessible?: Hello, community! I have installed a new update for Windows today. Now I have the following problem: The audio panel for my Conexant SmartAudio HD driver is no longer accessible or even findable. I need this panel to control my headset. I have made no changes to my system...
  10. Are the days of Windows UWP applications numbered?

in Windows 10 News
    Are the days of Windows UWP applications numbered?: Microsoft has big plans when it released the Windows 10 operating system: make customers forget about Windows 8, reach 1 billion devices running the system in record time, and establish a new application platform and Store. The platform was renamed several times, you may...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FileIO->ReadTextAsync(file) uwp c

2. uwp filesystem access

3. appexecutionalias file system access not working

4. <rescap:capability name=broadfilesystemaccess /> gives error