Windows 10: Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

Discus and support Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The hard drive of my notebook PC looks like this in Disk Manager: [img] As you can see, the partition named My Files is split into three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nigelmercier, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

The hard drive of my notebook PC looks like this in Disk Manager:

Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks? [​IMG]

As you can see, the partition named My Files is split into three "chunks" (what are they actually called?).

Is there a way of consolidating these scattered partition chunks?

:)

nigelmercier, Apr 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 - 100% Disk Usage

I don't know what the original poster dahotz is , the term threads is worthless to me and I sure don't have 100% disk use, as I cannot make a disk much less be 100% usage. I have pictures scattered all over in different places and cannot consolidate any
    of them, much less find all of them.

Gene A.Parsons, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Problem in merging space unallocated due to deleting partition of storage space

First to consolidate the partitions you need to use a 3rd party app like EaseUS Partition Master (free to try)

You need to expand "C" to the left to incorporate the unallocated, then decrease on the right to what ever size you want.

repeat for all the other unallocated partitions.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 7, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

Just a guess but the result you see is because the drive is set up as Dynamic instead of the default Basic. A Basic drive doesn't usually allow duplicate-lettered partitions.
    Basic and Dynamic Disks (Windows)

Berton, Apr 7, 2016
  5. They aren't duplicate lettered partitions, they are parts of the same partition.

nigelmercier, Apr 22, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Mm, where's your Win 10 Recovery partition?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks?

1. Consolidating Scattered Partition Chunks? - Similar Threads - Consolidating Scattered Partition

2. Consolidate Certifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consolidate Certifications: Hello Microsoft,I have close to 8 certifications but I have changed my name since then. I need to consolidate all of my certifications under my new name and account. What is the best way to do that?...
  3. Microsoft Consolidator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Consolidator: Why does this app run so often? It says it will run every 6 hours. I think it is the app tying up my computer so nothing else runs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-consolidator/d41decc5-8fb4-49c5-864e-f018843d8793
  4. Microsoft Consolidator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Consolidator: Why does this app run so often? It says it will run every 6 hours. I think it is the app tying up my computer so nothing else runs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-consolidator/d41decc5-8fb4-49c5-864e-f018843d8793
  5. Microsoft Consolidator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Display scattered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scattered: I am facing a display scattered issue. It happens frequently. But when it will happen it will take 2-3 hours to back in normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-scattered/ea4e4659-1403-43ae-8661-44c9de587dbf
  7. Consolidating Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Consolidating Accounts: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue where, over years of using Microsoft and its various products and services, I have unknowingly split my data between three different accounts - all in the same Microsoft "family" but using different logins for some reason. - One is linked to...
  8. download iso file in chunks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download iso file in chunks: Can I download windows 10 iso file in chunks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-iso-file-in-chunks/c207f5aa-0b55-41a0-955e-e1faa9536096
  9. Need help consolidating partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help consolidating partitions: Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (G:)" and consolidate the space with the partition named "Windows 10 (NEW) (C:)". Windows 10 (OLD) is an old version of Windows 10 for which I have no further use. I...
  10. Need help consolidating partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help consolidating partitions: Attached is a screenshot of Disk Management. I would like to get rid of the partition named: "Windows 10 (OLD) (G:)" and consolidate the space with the partition named "Windows 10 (NEW) (C:)". Windows 10 (OLD) is an old version of Windows 10 for which I have no further use. I...