Windows 10: Conspiracy????

Discus and support Conspiracy???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; . . .just wondering if the OP is feeling a little silly at this point of this thread. . .*Thumbs I hope he just forgot to post the source and put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silv55, May 4, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Conspiracy????

I hope he just forgot to post the source and put it in quotes...*Roflmao2

Cliff S, May 4, 2015
  2. Indianatone, May 4, 2015
  3. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, May 4, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Conspiracy????

Ramen

z3r010, May 4, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I was stationed 14 months in Korea, I love that stuff with lots of chilies.

Cliff S, May 4, 2015
  6. dencal Win User
    It never ceases to amaze me, every so often some self persecuted freaks imagine the most unbelievable scenarios
    Microsoft products are installed on billions of computers, and out of all these computers, believe they are specifically picking on them.

dencal, May 4, 2015
  7. caperjack Win User
    and some of those billions also think that its Microsoft calling them to tell them they have a virus on there computer and they need to let Microsoft in to fix it ,,,, only ones that know its not Microsoft are people who are computer savvy,and those who don't own a computer .

I to really like using a Microsoft acct to sign Into my computer's, I like having the same screen background and favorites and setting in IE ,and anything else that goes with it,,,*Drink1

caperjack, May 4, 2015
  8. Conspiracy????

I don't understand the rant ... I installed Win10 TP using a local account. While I do have an MS account, I did not install using it.

If they are changing this for the RTM to require an MS account to install Win10, it should be a simple process after that to convert to a local account.

So again, I don't understand the rant ...

Mark Phelps, May 4, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto . . .me to. . .

10. dencal Win User
    Blame Microsoft for scams performed by crooks out to make money using their software ?
    Why not accuse motor manufacturers whose cars are being used by bank robbers to make their getaway ?
    Why not blame banks when people give their credit card details to dodgy e-mail links or phone calls ?

Scams like your above quote and others like bank e-mails and phone calls purporting to be from genuine sources are enacted by people other than M$ and no blame can be laid on computer software supplied by Microsoft.

As for certain people not being computer savvy, they must either be naïve, stupid or suffering with impaired faculties to be taken in by these scams.

dencal, May 5, 2015
  11. Wenda Win User
    Although I do have an MS account, I do not sign in to the computer with it.

I sign-in when required, to use a particular app (Hotmail, for example) and then sign out again. My (Windows) phone has an MS account, but it is not the same as my 'regular' MS account as I don't want the phone and the PC linked and do not use the cloud (One-Drive, or whatever they're calling it now) to store files (or anything else). I can still log into my 'real' Hotmail account to read emails etc on the phone.

While I don't buy most of the tinfoil-hat theories doing the rounds, and while I also realise that much of our private info is already out there, I do like to have some control over what they can get and when they can get it, and I also don't believe in making their task any easier by blithely posting every detail of my personal life online, as some seem wont to do on Farce-book etc. I also have a separate email address, complete with a pseudonym and dodgy personal details, specifically for those sites where you need to register to gain access or which you suspect may themselves be dodgy (and it keeps most of the spam in one place too). You can't really complain that someone has your private personal details if you posted them up there in the first place, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

This is my personal choice, and I prefer to operate that way. If others wish to run through their MS accounts, that's fine too, not that it's any business of mine. It's not a big deal, and neither way is 'right' or 'wrong'.

Wenda, May 5, 2015
  12. dencal Win User
    Wenda.
    Superbly put together article, including choices for those paranoid enough to believe the world is out to get them, and how to deal with it.

dencal, May 5, 2015
  13. caperjack Win User

Conspiracy????

not sure what category to put the people in ,but the fact the scammers are making millions of dollars a year is proof that someone knows squat about the computer they own ,and some of these people are customers of mine ,some are educated and some aren't .

just to be clear it not me blaming Microsoft ,its the owners of the computer .
    and how naïve are people ,,, Well one guy said he was really concerned about all the call he was getting ,Microsoft telling him his computer had a virus ,,, and he didn't even own a computer! ,he could not understand why Microsoft did know he didn't own one !! was he stupid ,I don't know you be the judge

caperjack, May 5, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    I'm not sure where to begin other than the "Tin Foil Hat Society" Just about everything in the first post is simply not true.

Simply garbage and not even close to the truth. Whoever wrote that must have laid awake all night to dream that junk up.

That is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard. No where are you required to give them a voice sample, picture of yourself or your Bank Account login information. You do not have to use a Microsoft account, if you so choose. They do not turn on your video camera and spy on you. Anyone who believes all of that is probably naïve enough to believe that anything you read on the Internet is true, and all of the scammers who call "from Microsoft "to fix your computer", really are from Microsoft.

I'm just curious. If you really believe all of that, why do you have WTP installed? If I believed any of that, I wouldn't have it installed on any computer I own.

essenbe, May 8, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto. . .Could not have said it better. . .*Smile

Thema:

Conspiracy????

1. Conspiracy???? - Similar Threads - Conspiracy

2. I am once again requesting a list of disallowed words and for conspiracy theorists to stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am once again requesting a list of disallowed words and for conspiracy theorists to stop...: Because it is getting impossible to say anything now.And don't bother giving that canned response because I'm just going to mark it as not helpful BECAUSE IT IS NOT HELPFUL....
  3. I am once again requesting a list of disallowed words and for conspiracy theorists to stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am once again requesting a list of disallowed words and for conspiracy theorists to stop...: Because it is getting impossible to say anything now.And don't bother giving that canned response because I'm just going to mark it as not helpful BECAUSE IT IS NOT HELPFUL....
  4. light into conspiracy, next app store problem, i want somebody to explain this Why cant app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    light into conspiracy, next app store problem, i want somebody to explain this Why cant app...: [ATTACH] Why cant app storage be changed from c to d? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/light-into-conspiracy-next-app-store-problem-i/900eca06-c6f3-45aa-b91f-e18520a7af8c