Windows 10: Constant Audio Fluctuations?

Discus and support Constant Audio Fluctuations? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody, Here is a 20 second clip that shows my issue better than I could explain it; Audio Problem. - YouTube It happens with no windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Void, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Void Win User

Constant Audio Fluctuations?

Hello everybody,

Here is a 20 second clip that shows my issue better than I could explain it; Audio Problem. - YouTube

It happens with no windows open or multiple windows open, when recording and not recording, and every day. I've reinstalled those drivers and updated every other driver that wasn't up to date.

I do lots of recording so having unreliable audio is a massive problem, and I've been having this issue for about a week solid now. I've spent hours reading forums and following all kinds of guides for fixing things that I thought could be related, but I just can't find a way to fix it.

I've attached my DxDiag, and screenshots of the Playback and Recording pages in the audio manager. I'd like to point out that my Razer Seiren microphone is registered as speakers under Playback too. Not sure if that's relevant but I've done everything I can find to stop that too.

Any help would be amazing! I just don't know what to do. *Sad

:)

2. realtec audio manager keeps notifying that audio has been plugged in or unplugged.

realtech audio manager keeps notify that it is plugged in and unplugged. How do I stop these constant notifications?

TonyWeiler, Jul 23, 2017
  3. SujiBell Win User
    double beep notification sound FB, please turn it off. HOW?

Step by step to tur OFF the constant FB notification double tone sound. It interrupts audio in everything. Off Please.

SujiBell, Jul 23, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

As I recall Virtual Audio Cable is a program to do the same thing as Stereo Mix. As you have Stereo Mix, why aren't you using that?
    That would be my first thought on the problem.

I have a recording studio but do not use my internal PC audio for recording. I use a USB connected recording interface (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid).

I would also run the free Resplendence DPC Latency Mon to see if there is any PC issues.
    Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

fireberd, Jul 24, 2017
  5. Void Win User
    I have no idea what Virtual Audio Cable or Stereo Mix are. Everything that is operating is basically done because it was recommended or just equipped by default by whatever software I've installed over time.

I looked a Stereo Mix tutorial up and I still don't really understand how it is applicable to my situation. I don't hear (or want to hear) my voice back through my headset when I'm speaking/recording.

I completely uninstalled Virtual Audio Cable and the problem persists, even after setting Stereo Mix to default.

The problem also persists even with my Microphone unplugged.

Here's an image of my results after running LatencyMon for over six hours. audioscan — Postimage.org
    I don't experience drop outs, clicks, or pops, just the issue detailed in the first post.

I can't find any CPU throttling settings in the Control Panel, and I don't know how to update a BIOS.

Any further thoughts/advice? I really appreciate it.

Void, Aug 3, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    The audio problems appear to NOT be caused by the audio device(s) but something in the OS or video.

Are you using Ethernet or Wi-Fi? (Wi-Fi is a known cause of audio and latency problems).

For testing you could remove the graphics card and use the built in Intel video (in the CPU) and see if that resolves anything. Recording studio programs do not need the high res graphic cards and the built in video is more than adequate.

By the way, you can post screenshots directly to the forum, you don't need to host them somewhere.
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant Audio Fluctuations? - Similar Threads - Constant Audio Fluctuations

2. Constant audio issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant audio issues.: Running an HP Envy with Windows 11 preinstalled. I started up the first time on April 11th this year and 2 annoying problems started within a week. This post is about audio not working on startup. No error messages, just dead space. It happens with a wired or Bluetooth...
  3. Constant BSOD and no Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD and no Audio: Hi, I've been having problems lately with my computer. I have a Lenovo Legion T5-28IMB05 Desktop running Windows 11. And my PC has been freezing randomly into the Blue while doing the simplest task like doing homework or looking at discord. And the issue seems to happen the...
  4. fluctuation in data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fluctuation in data: hello i am a user of windows 10 i saw that there is a fluctuation in data left in the c drive - sometimes it goes to 81.0 left then 79.3 then 80.7 then 78.6 please tell me what can i do...
  5. Audio fluctuating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio fluctuating: The drivers are up to date, Immediate mode is off and communications audio adjustment has been disabled. I've tried everything I could find online and none of it works. It seems to hop between two volumes, on very loud and the other very quiet. This doesn't adjust any...
  6. Constant Audio Echo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Audio Echo: For the last month I have tried updating drivers, resetting defaults, various windows updates and I can not figure this out. I hear a constant echo on my laptop speakers. I mean ALL THE TIME if the laptop has power then you will hear the echo. On top of that when I turn on my...
  7. Sound Fluctuation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Fluctuation: Ever since I updated my laptop on 10/8/2019 I've had an issue with the audio slowing fluctuating up and down. For Example when watching a youtube video my volume would be set to 30. Throughout the duration of the video it sounds as if the volume fades away and then jumps back...
  8. volume fluctuation

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume fluctuation: whenever i play any audio or video my volume goes from 100 to zero and vice-versa. i have tried every thing from reinstalling the drivers to reinstalling windows on my laptop and also changing the setting in audio enhancements....
  9. wireless fluctuating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless fluctuating: Hi, I've got an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 on my Windows 10 laptop. I'm having problems with the wireless fluctuating and not always working. In the event log I've got this message Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24FD&SUBSYS_90108086&REV_78\4&2dbe3f31&0&00E1 requires...
  10. Laptop makes speed of audio recordings fluctuate

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop makes speed of audio recordings fluctuate: I was recording a duet for a song I had recently arranged for piano, and everything went well until I tried to sync the two parts I had recorded. When I put it into a video editing software, one of the two parts would sometimes be ahead of the other one, and sometimes behind....