Windows 10: Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Discus and support Constant bsod error - critical_process_died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DMAR, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DMAR Win User

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've ran the sfc.exe/scannow command and it said it found corrupted files, but couldn't fix them. I then ran the dism...restore health command and that didn't work at all either. If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it, thanks. I've included my dump files here as well. I tried to do a system restore to see if that would work, but every time I tried to restore it would cause this bsod error before it could finish.

Is there any other steps I can take, to help resolve this issue? It's very frustrating having my computer crash at random times throughout the day...

Will someone please help me with these constant bsod crashes..... I can't do a system restore, boot into safe mode or into advanced startup because they also cause my critical process died bsod error... this is EXTREMELY frustrating and I have no clue on what I can do from here to fix this huge problem.........

:)

DMAR, Mar 5, 2016

2. CONSTANT BSOD ERROR - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Do you have your computer configured to enable dump files as described in this wiki?

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Please read
    this wiki
    to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 5, 2016
  3. CONSTANT BSOD ERROR - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi Derek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you better:

1. When do you receive this error message?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

If the processor is unable to process these multiple processes properly, it generates the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Sometimes this error can be quite critical as it could damage your hard disk, memory or in rare circumstances,
    your processor.

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.

Bug Check 0xEF: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Bug Check 0xEF CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Let’s try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to boot into Safe Mode and check if it helps.

Safe Mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in
    Safe Mode with Networking, and only the basic drivers needed to start
    Windows are installed.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ther-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

If the issue does not persist in Safe Mode, then perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating
    software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problems using clean boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to download and install al the latest chipset drivers and Hardware Driver update from the manufactures’ website.

Please reply with the required information and the results of the troubleshooting, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Seems like you have tried everything to solve the issue but have you tried to update/download proper Drivers for your Devices?

Do this if you have not done it already.
    Goto Device manager and look for any yellow triangle if you can find... If you find one then you will need to update that driver if update is available or simply uninstall and click on check for hardware changes. It will automatically install the drivers.
    Most of the time Reinstalling drivers work.

More Things that you can do here : Fix "Critical_Process_Died" Error in Windows 8 & 10 | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Mar 5, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Please upload the cbs.log which is located in %systemroot%\Logs\CBS, you may need a 3rd party uploader if the size of the file is too large.

There is 1 0x1A crash what is a memory management error.

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
  6. DMAR Win User
    DMAR, Mar 5, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    99% of the corruption are shortcuts, 1% is a log file.
    This can easily be fixed, but you first need to be able to boot normally.
    Please run the memory test suggested.

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
  8. DMAR Win User

OK I will run memtest, thanks for your help! I have one question, I booted into bios and inserted the usb but im not sure what to do from there.

DMAR, Mar 5, 2016
  9. DMAR Win User
    After booting into bios, I went to the 'boot' tab, but I couldn't find where to set the usb priority over my hard drive.

DMAR, Mar 5, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    If I'm correct, you should get into the boot options from where you can choose to boot from the USB.

11. DMAR Win User
    I took some screens for you to see, I cant figure out how to set the priority for the usb drive.Attachment 67943Attachment 67942

12. axe0 New Member
    Sometimes it is required to turn off fast startup and/or switch to legacy boot mode.

13. DMAR Win User

Thanks that worked! Memtest is running. So do I just leave it alone all night now? And can i close my laptop while its running?

14. axe0 New Member
    Just keep it running and don't close it, it should take about 8-10h but may take longer.

15. DMAR Win User
    Ok, got it. Should I leave the charger in as well?

Thema:

1. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died - Similar Threads - Constant bsod error

2. Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod kmode_exception_not_handled and critical_process_died errors: As the title says, I first got a kmode_exeption_not_handled error on Windows 10 most recent version. I reset my PC and then it ran fine for a few minutes. Then it would get the kmode error again. I tried updating my network drivers, one of which was a Realtek Gaming gbe...
  3. PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...: For the longest time my PC's been randomly freezing, which results typically in almost a dozen BSOD a day, sometimes it takes 4 hours, sometimes 4 minutes. The most common error I get is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, although sometimes I also get UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, but that...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  5. Constant blue screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Constant blue screen CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, from few weeks I struggle with often happening blue screen "Critical_Process_Died" message on my laptop with Windows 10. Machine restarts itself and sometimes error happens right after logging in. Tried to run Driver verifier with no luck, blue screen just after...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (BSOD Error Code): Greetings, I am having this problem on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. I have also hard reset the BIOS by pulling its battery out for a minute. Sadly, none of these have fixed the problem. I have gathered files for inspection: DMP files archived in a zip file, .NFO file...
  7. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef

BSOD Critical_Process_Died, error code ef: I have been struggling with this problem for quite some time now and have not found a way to fix it, so far I have tried doing a chkdsk and an sfc /scannow as advised by other sites but unfortunately it hasn't help me much, although I will do them again if need be. The error...
  9. BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently

BSOD error Critical_process_died - repeatedly and frequently: Hi, If anyone can help I would really appreciated it, just got this machine and can't really get anything done on it as the keep getting 'critical_process_died' error. It generally happens when streaming or watching media. I have tried the following media players...
  10. Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died: About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart. The only processes I have been running are chrome and trying to do malwarebytes scan. I checked the event viewer and every...