Windows 10: Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone

Discus and support Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello ten forums I've been having this issue for over 2 years now. So I originally had a a-10 7870k and a msi a68-hm e-33 motherboard with ballistic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nelter, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Nelter Win User

Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone

Hello ten forums I've been having this issue for over 2 years now. So I originally had a a-10 7870k and a msi a68-hm e-33 motherboard with ballistic ram and a r7-370x graphics card. I had windows 10 installed on that machine and was experiencing the same BSOD I am now. I switched every hardware to think of thinking it was a hardware issue causing the BSOD I now have a a-10 7890k with a gigabyte F2AA88XM-N3H motherboard with hyper x fury kingston ram (16gb). The only thing I kept the same was the Power supply and Windows 10 installation disk. I did a clean install of windows 10 on this machine and I'm getting the same BSOD. I've noticed that I don't get as much BSOD if I have a separate headset plugged in and set to listen to itself. I don't need to run any mem test or hard drive checks as those aren't the issue and micro center themselves have tested them with positive results. Please help would be much appreciated , I'm starting to think I have a bad windows 10 copy or windows 10 is just really bad and I should just switch over to windows 7 or linux.

:)

Nelter, Apr 13, 2017
  2. KrisHoshi Win User

"Listen to this device" not working after Windows 10 Update

It used to work perfectly fine.

Now when I check the "listen to this device" on any microphone it does not works anymore.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

The microphone is working, is not on mute, I see feedback.

When I record with a program and set the microphone it works, but I cant hear the microphone when I check the "listen to this device" on settings.

Any help would be fine (just updated to windows 10 days ago.

KrisHoshi, Apr 13, 2017
  3. how can I wake cortana from sleep with function key instead of pressing button or using 'hey cortana' which 99% fails?

The microphone there is a button, it's not listening when you see the icon but rather, you click on the microphone button to "start listening".

The hotkey to start Cortana listening is WindowsLogo+C.

Listening can never start from Sleep mode. If you want that, you have to set the option in Cortana settings to "prevent sleeping when plugged in" so that it never goes to sleep and thus is always ready to hear your voice. On battery it will ignore this.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 13, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

There have been many, many fixes since the original 10240 build (what you are using) was released. Currently 15063 is available.

I suggest you download the latest ISO for you computer then do another clean install using it instead of the original disc you have.

You can download most/all Windows 10 flavors here: Download Windows 10. The ISO will contain Home & Pro. You select the one you need during install.

Follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Nelter Win User
    After clean installing the creators build of windows I still received some BSOD please help.

Nelter, Apr 19, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Looks like a USB problem:
    Code: BugCheck 139, {3, fffff8007ce37430, fffff8007ce37388, 0} Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Isoch_CompleteStaleTransfers+13c )[/quote] What USB devices do you have connected to your PC? USBXHCI.SYS is part of the USB 3.0 support that came in with Windows 8.0:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh406292(v=vs.85).aspx

Also notice you have BIOS version F6 while the Gigabyte web site has F9 or F10a (BETA) available. Definitely download and install the F9 version and see if that helps.

Ztruker, Apr 19, 2017
  7. Nelter Win User
    I have a microsoft lifechat lx-6000 usb headphone along with a devastator 2 usb mouse and keyboard plugged into my computer. As for the gigabyte bios I was not aware I will update my bios and come back to you if I have anymore problems thank you.

Nelter, Apr 20, 2017
  8. Nelter Win User

My computer now randomly freezes and shutoffs ever since that bios update

Nelter, Apr 20, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Which BIOS version did you install?

Maybe try unplugging the headset and moving the mouse and keyboard to different ports?

Ztruker, Apr 21, 2017
  10. Nelter Win User
    I installed both f9 and f10 so those both didn't work so I went back to f6 and its fine.

Nelter, Apr 22, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Well, there is F7 and F8 if your up to it. Maybe better to leave it where it is though as a bad BIOS update could trash the computer making it unusable.

What about the headset, mouse and keyboard?

Ztruker, Apr 22, 2017
  12. Nelter Win User
    I had moved all the usb connections to different ports and have not received a bsod since I will come back if any issues persist thank you for your help.

Nelter, Apr 23, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

Okay, here's hoping *Smile

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD when not listening to microphone - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD listening

2. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen: My microphone works but when I call some one I speck, I listen to my word but the receiver does not listen. Please can you help me out with this problem?...
  3. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen: My microphone works but when I call some one I speck, I listen to my word but the receiver does not listen. Please can you help me out with this problem?...
  4. when i call with microphone i listened my speech but reciver didinot listen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?: For some reason, one day, my microphone just stopped working. It worked fine for about 6 months and just now started to fail. No audio recording or microphone tests can hear it. However, I have discovered that the microphone DOES work whenever cortana is listening. All...
  6. Constant BSODs when gaming.

Constant BSODs when gaming.: I think I've tried every health scan provided by microsoft and it always seems like everything is fine, and yet it's so very not... The blue screens occur when playign most modern 3d gamers, raging from CS:GO to GTA V, with many different error codes, including but not...
  7. My microphone is only picked up when "listen to this device" is selected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone is only picked up when "listen to this device" is selected.: Hello, I was wondering why my microphone only works properly when "listen to this device is selected? The volume level is also really low. I'm using the microphone jack on my PDP Xbox One controller, but the issue persists even using the front panel audio jack. submitted by...
  8. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else: My question is a bit of an odd one, mostly because I never would've imagined this is even possible, but moving on: I have a microphone, Razer Seiren X, which has worked fine until now isn't such a good mic, but it works. Yesterday it was just fine but today it doesn't work...
  9. cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off..

in Cortana
    cortana is listening to me when my microphone allowence is off..: i was going to search on bing something so i thought ill deactivate cortana's microphone allowence and turned off hey cortana (because i always acitdentally say hey cortana all the time..).ok after that my sister came and asked "can you search something on bing?" i said yes...
  10. Random BSODs accompanied by constant microphone clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs accompanied by constant microphone clicking: Hi. I get seemingly random blue screens of death once or twice every two days, and it's getting to my nerves as I've tried everything. Two or three weeks ago, I got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen (faulting module was a GPU driver, reinstalled to no avail). After...