Windows 10: Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..

Discus and support Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm not sure if the issues I'm having are directly related to the video card, but a month or two ago I was having major issues trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by andsoitgoes, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if the issues I'm having are directly related to the video card, but a month or two ago I was having major issues trying to actually install drivers and such.

The next step if it is not a hardware issue is to basically refresh the PC, but I'd rather not have to do that if it's software fixable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachment 57425

Some additional info - We have 2 of these laptops and I've not had ANY of these issues on the other laptop in any way, shape or form. No video card errors, no BSOD, nothing.

:)

andsoitgoes, Jan 6, 2016

2. Constant freezing with PC, Not even sure where to start.

Update the Nvidia Graphics driver to version 375.70:

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers

Update the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection driver to version 21.1:

Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

You may update the BIOS to version 2202:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...2202.zip?_ga=1.113502784.678356271.1477843801

Video] MB EZUpdate

[Video] MB EZUpdate | Official Support | ASUS USA

Warning: Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from your power source while updating the BIOS or you may harm your computer. Do not carry out other tasks on the computer until the BIOS
    update has completed.

As a precaution back up your data files to external media before updating the BIOS.

Drive C:

Description Local Fixed Disk

Compressed No

File System NTFS

Size 118.69 GB (127,441,825,792 bytes)

Free Space 20.66 GB (22,186,139,648 bytes)

It would be sensible to increase the free disk space on the C partition to 30gb.

Before you run Disk CleanUp close down all running programmes as any files in use are skipped when Disk CleanUp is run. Select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S and type Disk CleanUp. Right click the
    Best Match
    at the top of the dropdown menu and select Run as Administrator. Click OK. Click the
    System button, scroll through the list and check the box before
    Previous Windows installation(s)
    and the boxes before any other files you wish to delete. Click
    OK.

You may see the Systembutton as
    Clean up system files.

It is important that you only delete Previous Windows installation(s) files
    if you are absolutely certain you will not want to revert to a previous version of Windows in the future. There will be no going back if you delete the files.

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 6, 2016
  3. LazyLarry Win User
    Constant freezing with PC, Not even sure where to start.

OneDrive link

LazyLarry, Jan 6, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..

Only 2 dumpfiles are readable
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00022a54750, ffffd00022a546a8, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 3: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove). Arg2: ffffd00022a54750, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg3: ffffd00022a546a8, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved Debugging Details: ------------------ OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'ndisuio' and 'WUDFRd.sys' overlap[/quote] i suspect that the bsod is caused by a faulty or noncompatible driver because of the 2 overlapping modules/drivers.
    It mentioned ndisuio.sys that could point to network/wireless related problems.

There are a few older probably not windows 10 compatible driver on your system.

You have Virtual clone with drivers from 2014 installed, please update to a windows 10 compatible version. If not avaliable please remove it.

Update your HWinfo to the latest windows 10 compatible version.

Your Atheros Bluetooth device has drivers from 2014
    Your Acer Launch Manager Wireless Driver is from 2014
    Your intel widi is also from 2014
    Your Realtek PCI Gb adapter is from 2014
    Please update all these drivers to the latest windows 10 drivers from Acer support site Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site
    Advice update all the other drivers too.

You have only 5 Windows Updates (KB) installed please update all the Windows Updates to improve and stabilize your system.

lifetec, Jan 6, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Remove the bypasses/cracks on your system before proceeding.
    No support may be given until it has been cleared up!

Forum rules

axe0, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Attachment 57552
    I've given this all another shot.

I've uninstalled Virtual Clone.

Done, and attached.

I've gone to the Acer site and reinstalled everything, many of them came up with only the option to "Repair", I cannot remember exactly which those were but I chose that option. I've updated everything that was able to be updated.

I've installed all updates available, when I go into Windows Update, it tells me everything is up to date. I've attached a picture of my Windows Update page, 2 to be exact.

I don't know if the HWinfo file is in the right format, if it isn't I can try something else?

And it now seems to not be crashing, holy smokes! I don't know if it will again, I've done up another bug report, but I'm assuming since there was no dump file created, it's not that helpful?

Anyway, thanks so very much. SOMETHING has happened and things are much better, so I'm a league above where I was this time yesterday.

I am very sorry. I believe I've removed the offending piece of software, if I have not please let me know and I will do whatever is necessary to make that happen.

andsoitgoes, Jan 7, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start.. [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start.. [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..

Okay, I've removed Daemon Tools and confirmed there's nothing else to be uninstalled.

As well, I did a system restore after the stupid Driver Booster install, as that made ALL my issues much worse. I just hadn't gotten around to uninstaling it.

So far I've been able to perform many tasks that were causing the BSOD errors, which is fantastic.

Other than those issues, is there anything else I need to do? If not, I'll simply post back if I happen to have any other problems. But for now this seems solved. Thank you again for your patience and understanding, axe0

andsoitgoes, Jan 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    This is in your case a simple thing, yet time consuming with desktops
    There are some drivers that need updating, usually most is from the manufacturer with laptops.

Why a laptop owner only need to install drivers from the manufacturer?
    Laptop manufacturer often alter the drivers for the products, this forces the consumer to only install the by the manufacturer provided drivers. Other drivers usually won't work normal.

You're welcome *Smile
    I'm glad to be able to be of assistance.

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  10. This laptop has kind of cemented my decision that, in the future, I think I'll be buying a Mac! I've spent now 2 decades working with Windows-based systems, and the only times I've never had a problem with a computing device have been from my iPhone/iPad.

My desktop system is mostly perfect, and I know how to tinker and do more things - I can whip out a video card, but with a laptop, something I had little experience with, I wasn't prepared for the driver issues! And man did DriverBooster (which I turned to based on a suggestion from someone having similar issues) cause a TON of issues.

one other question regarding my GeForce card, I am being prompted in the GeForce app update to install the GameReady driver. It's something I may need later, but I'm now nervous about updating the driver through the GeForce system.

What are your thoughts on this, will it potentially create further issues?

andsoitgoes, Jan 7, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    I would install it when needed.

Only when problems arise we can tell if the driver caused it.

Thema:

Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start..

1. Constant BSODs, prior issues with 840M Card, not sure where to start.. - Similar Threads - Constant BSODs prior

2. Constant BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD issues: I've been having constant BSODs on my intel nuc m15 laptop, all triggered by ntoskrnl.exe+3fcd70. I have tried many things such as uninstalling windows updates, updating windows, reinstalling many drivers and updating my bios. This issue happens at random intervals, generally...
  3. Constant Bsod issue

Constant Bsod issue: I have been having consistent BSODs for about a year now and have talked to many different people for help however nothing has worked. There doesn't seem to be any consistent stop code and I have probably seen 8 or 9 different ones. Help would be appreciated.Specs:ryzen 5...
  4. Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP: I have been having constant blue screen of deaths this morning and am greatly needing help so I can get back to work. Multiple crash logs seem to state different things? USB, QmlRenderer, msedgewebview2? Not sure if these are the problem though...The only constant seems to be...
  5. Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP

Constant BSOD - Not Sure Why HELP: I have been having constant blue screen of deaths this morning and am greatly needing help so I can get back to work. Multiple crash logs seem to state different things? USB, QmlRenderer, msedgewebview2? Not sure if these are the problem though...The only constant seems to be...
  6. constant bsod issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant bsod issues: Hello, i am on a brand new pc and after about 3 weeks of use, i have started to have errors where my system randomly either bluescreens, or just crashes and i have to restart the pc, i have reinstalled windows 2 times now as microsoft support thought it would help, and i have...
  7. Constant BSOD issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD issues.: Hi. Recently my PC has been experiencing BSOD issues. This started after installing a GTX 1660 Super and I'm unsure as to how to fix it. The BSOD occurs at random times, most often it will occur during waking of the PC, but has also happened upon restarting and during general...
  8. Constant BSOD issues.

Constant BSOD issues.: Hi. Recently my PC has been experiencing BSOD issues. This started after installing a GTX 1660 Super and I'm unsure as to how to fix it. The BSOD occurs at random times, most often it will occur during waking of the PC, but has also happened upon restarting and during general...
  9. Multiple issues not sure where to start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple issues not sure where to start: So my first issue is every time I turn my computer on it says admin password incorrect prior to me even typing anything in. My bamboo pen that i bought with the computer was working fine until one day it wasnt. It doesnt even register when i attempt to use it. yes i changed...
  10. BSOD random times, not sure where to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD random times, not sure where to start: Hello! I did upgrade to the insider program, and it was giving my BSOD a lot less. (example: once a month vs couple times a week) It's very frusterating, and I have no idea where to start. Can someone point me in the right direction? Couple of honorable mentions, my...