Windows 10: Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

Discus and support Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time. Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nudelz, Aug 3, 2017.

1. nudelz Win User

Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft

I have constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft. I do not have BSODS at any other time.

Sometimes the BSOD message is: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    Other times: KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

Any help is appreciated. Ive been having this problem for month and I'm at my wits end.

Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

nudelz, Aug 3, 2017

2. Random browser windows keep popping up.

Have tried malwarebytes, superantispyware, and avast. I may have narrowed it down to a malicious file inside World of Warcraft and battle.net because it always starts up while I'm playing.

MatthewEzell, Aug 3, 2017
  3. BSoD - Video Schedule Internal Error.

It only happens while playing world of warcraft (I have no other games on my laptop), it does not happen when not gaming. The problem is quite annoying.

The nvidia driver should be up to date, and I have lowered all the settings in the game.

Just got two more BSoD's (video schedule internal error):

Shared favorites

Appreciate all help.

Petter_121, Aug 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello nudelz,

Welcome to TenForums *Smile

Can you confirm if your motherboard is the Rev 3.1 model.
    If it is then there is a newer BIOS (ver FC) that you can install.

If this does not make a difference then we will need to start by checking your memory.

Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up you can immediately stop the test, any error is a problem.

philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  5. nudelz Win User
    I'm not very computer literate. How can I check to see which version it is?

nudelz, Aug 3, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    It will be written somewhere on the motherboard itself.

philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  7. nudelz Win User
    Hi,

Yes, it is Rev 3.1

I will try to update the BIOS today (I've never updated a BIOS before), then I will play for a few days to see if the BSODs are gone.

Thanks for the help!

nudelz, Aug 3, 2017
  8. nudelz Win User

nudelz, Aug 3, 2017
  9. nudelz Win User
    On the Gigabyte website, they do not appear to offer a BIOS update for Windows 10.

m68mt-s2 rev 3.1

nudelz, Aug 3, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    That's because it is an old motherboard. The BIOS Ver. FC was updated in 2012 long before W10 was created. It will still be OK to use it.

philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  11. nudelz Win User
    I hate to be a pain, but could you provide a direct link or tell me which version of driver to download (Windows 8 64 bit?).

nudelz, Aug 3, 2017
  12. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

1) Please continue the Memtest86+ testing.
    Only 1 error indicates malfunctioning RAM and testing can be aborted.
    Then each RAM stick is checked in the same DIMM to see which RAM has malfunctioned.
    If both RAM pass when checked independently the RAM needs to be checked in another DIMM to check the DIMM/MB
    For the RAM testing with Memtest86+ please use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image of the results into the thread.
    Again making 8 or more passes is critical to make the test valid.
    Any testing that is less than passes is wasting time and needs to be repeated to make a valid test.

2) Please download and install Hwinfo:
    HWiNFO - Download
    Use the Microsoft snipping tool to make an image of the results and post into the thread.

3) There were corruption problems detected with the bios firmware.
    As per philc43 you are looking for a suitable update.
    If there is no available update the bios firmware needs to be reinstalled to fix the corruption.

4) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

5) So please make sure your files are backed up.

6) Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:

Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

7) And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

8) The best way to fix the misbehaving Nvidia video driver is to uninstall everything Nvidia using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the Nvidia website.

If you use the Nvidia web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

NVIDIA

9) Using device manager expand network adapters > identify Nvidia network adapter > update driver

10) Uninstall AVG anti virus and use the uninstall if necessary to make sure that all of the software is uninstalled:
    How to uninstall AVG software | AVG Support

11) Make sure that Windows defender is activated and working.

Code: ffffe701`1ae2b8d0 fffff803`9defb9daUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_bac992c30d91daf9\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x67b9da[/quote] Code: ffffe701`1ae2b688 fffff803`9c6bcc9fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\nvmf6264.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvmf6264.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvmf6264.sys nvmf6264+0xcc9f[/quote]

nvmf6264.sys nVidia nForce network driver Download Drivers | NVIDIA

NVNET NVIDIA nForce Ethernet NVIDIA nForce Ethernet Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 220,416 0 4/20/2011 6:49:36 PM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvmf6264.sys

nvlddmkm.sys nVidia Video drivers Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Get from OEM for laptops

Code: ffffe701`1ae2b4e0 fffff80c`58234620Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgwfpa.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys avgwfpa+0x34620[/quote]
    avgwfpa.sys AVG Firewall driver AVG Free Antivirus Download | Virus Protection Software

Code: Avgwfpa AVG Firewall Driver AVG Firewall Driver Kernel System Running OK TRUE FALSE 12,288 200,704 0 7/27/2016 9:24:37 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\avgwfpa.sys[/quote] Code: ffffa001`70a2c028 fffff800`48600000Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_nvstor.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_nvstor.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_nvstor.sys dump_nvstor+0x10000[/quote] Code: BugCheck A, {fffff803c9d3d1a0, 2, 0, fffff800448fefff}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sysProbably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: ffffd700`b098e0f8 fffff800`863a2bbbUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_nvstor.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_nvstor.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_nvstor.sys dump_nvstor+0x12bbb[/quote]

Code: The TransactionManager (TmId={0A0893E8-675F-11E7-A7AB-806E6F6E6963}, LogPath=\SystemRoot\System32\Config\TxR\{4e074557-0c1c-11e7-a943-e41d2d718a20}.TM) has failed to advance its log tail, due to the transaction (UOW={0A0898A4-675F-11E7-A7AB-50E549DE3303}, Description='') being unresolved for some time. The transaction must be forced to resolve in order for the TransactionManager to continue to provide transactional services. Forcing the incorrect outcome may cause data corruption in any subordinate ResourceManagers or Transactionmanagers.[/quote] Code: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.[/quote] Code: Event[3375]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-HAL Date: 2205-04-19T12:26:31.016 Event ID: 12 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T383ELH Description: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.[/quote]

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant BSODs while playing World of Warcraft - Similar Threads - Constant BSODs while

2. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  3. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  4. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: When playing World of Warcraft my game crashes randomly. Sometimes resulting in a BSOD like this. Minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkRIjjX48IYVgo1-AZWkmnlKdvisYQ?e=YXrNJD Please help me resolve this! I do not know which driver is causing this issue. I have checked windows...
  6. Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft

Windows Crashes/BSOD While Playing World of Warcraft: Hello, My new computer has been frequently experiencing crashes/BSOD while playing World of Warcraft WoW - Classic. The problem has been occurring for about 3 weeks now and I have made various unsuccessful attempts to solve the problem. At this point I am most interested...
  7. BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

BSOD while playing World of Warcraft: Can anyone analyze this and tell me what driver was the issue? EDIT 2: Uploaded using the BSOD tool from this forum in case the below doesn't work EDIT: New dump: 123115-13015-01.rar - Google Drive 35815
  8. BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,

BSOD while launching or playing World of Warcraft,: Just this past week I have been getting windows 10 crashes, either at launch or just entering World of Warcraft. I have over 20 tickets with gm's of the game and they have now told me that they have exhausted all their efforts in attempts to help. I pretty much tried...
  9. BSOD while playing world of warcraft

BSOD while playing world of warcraft: I have been getting ingame crashes in world of Warcraft for a few weeks now and also chrome is crashing the blizz techs have told me it may be a corrupt windows instillation so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 the other day and I have had a few BSOD they seem fairly...
  10. BSOD World of Warcraft

BSOD World of Warcraft: Hard to put a finger on this BSOD, as it seems like it happens at random, but most of the time when playing World of Warcraft. Also the BSOD is different every time it seems, Mostly Memory Management. Also when it crashes sometimes it has trouble starting back up. But if I...