Windows 10: Constant disconnections

Discus and support Constant disconnections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago Windows 10 started disconnecting from wifi regularly. The disconnects sometimes happen in quick succession, 30 seconds apart. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kcer, Jan 31, 2017.

1. kcer Win User

Constant disconnections

About 2 weeks ago Windows 10 started disconnecting from wifi regularly. The disconnects sometimes happen in quick succession, 30 seconds apart. Other times they hapen every 30 minutes to 2 hours.

I am unaware of any changes that have been made in the last 2 weeks to cause this.

To fix the issue I must select the same network and the connect option. I have "auto connect" checked on this network. It does not auto-connect after a disconnect.

Is this a known issue with Windows 10? Are there any good troubleshooting utilities?

:)

2. Constant disconnections from wifi

since your adapters are updated, why not reinstall drivers and run troubleshooter found
    here

GregSheridan, Jan 31, 2017
  3. hego64 Win User
    Constant disconnections from wifi

Recently (January 2017) I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 310 that came with Windows 10 installed. Ever since the initial setup, so it's been about three months now, my computer constantly disconnects itself from wifi and I have to click the wifi icon in the
    taskbar and either make it connect to the network again or disconnect and reconnect to regain wifi access.

I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find anything that helps me on here. I didn't upgrade from any previous version of Windows to 10; the computer came with it pre-installed. I have already used Driver Talent and I don't have any out
    of date wifi drivers (the computer is only three months old) and I have already gone into the device manager and turned off the option for disabling wifi to save power. I have also seen other posts saying that the WifiSense was causing their disconnect
    problems, but I have had that setting turned off from the get-go, so I know that's not the issue either.

I'm at a loss for what to do to make this issue stop. I try to do homework for my college classes and it seems like every ~20 min (or less it feels like sometimes) the wifi just goes out and I have to reconnect and refresh the page a few times for it to
    load up again. It's beginning to get quite aggravating.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

hego64, Jan 31, 2017
  4. Constant disconnections

I have that problem with my new router. Just about every day I have to reset the router.

I thought it was a laptop problem. I'm only about 20 feet from the router.

But the laptop connects and STAYS connected at the office. So I think it's my home router's fault.

Can you take your laptop to a different location? See whether someone else's router works well.

margrave55, Jan 31, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User
    I'm not sure if this is your problem but if there are a lot of people around you with WiFi this may cause some problems.

I would scan for all the WiFi hotspot's near you and try to find a channel that's either unused or the WiFi hotspot's have the lower number of bar's.

You could use WirelessNetView - Wireless Network Monitoring Software to scan your neighborhood and find a channel that's better.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Constant disconnections

1. Constant disconnections - Similar Threads - Constant disconnections

2. Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting: I've had an e590 Lenovo Thinkpad for under a year, and I had one of the exact same model previously for a little over a year. Both of them had/have the same exact problem.I'll be sitting down and shuffle just a teensy little bit and my computer will disconnect the charger and...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad e590 Charger Constantly Disconnecting/Reconnecting: I've had an e590 Lenovo Thinkpad for under a year, and I had one of the exact same model previously for a little over a year. Both of them had/have the same exact problem.I'll be sitting down and shuffle just a teensy little bit and my computer will disconnect the charger and...
  4. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  5. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  6. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  7. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  8. my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.: Im sorry for i findin help in microsoft community, it is because razer community suck, razer support also suckthey aint answer any, i paid more than 100$ and get back is a bad services and i always find good solution in microsoft community so i choose this one to ask for...
  9. my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.

my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.: Im sorry for i findin help in microsoft community, it is because razer community suck, razer support also suckthey aint answer any, i paid more than 100$ and get back is a bad services and i always find good solution in microsoft community so i choose this one to ask for...
  10. my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware