Windows 10: Constant Disconnects!

Discus and support Constant Disconnects! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So our family switched to new provider internet (BT Infinity or something) . Everyone in family happy except me. Because i'm the only one who uses PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by newin10, Nov 4, 2016.

1. newin10 Win User

Constant Disconnects!

So our family switched to new provider internet (BT Infinity or something) . Everyone in family happy except me. Because i'm the only one who uses PC not laptop. And because I'm using PC i am using Ethernet Cable. My mom and sister uses laptops so they use wireless internet and have no complain like me disconnecting from the internet every 2 mins.

The problem: I'm browsing a website, all of a sudden i disconnect from network and i get that red network icon, 2-3 seconds then it switches to yellow, and like after 5 seconds i have internet again. But these disconnect happens like every 2-5mins. While posting this i was disconnected from the internet like 4 times make that 5 times.

No such a problem on laptops, tablets or mobile phones. Just my Desktop PC.

:)

newin10, Nov 4, 2016
  2. doctran Win User

N8 Audi A5 Bluetooth Connectivity Loss

I also have this problem. My car stereo is a Sony. When I had PR1, the bluetooth connection was solid. With PR1.1, I get constant disconnects.

doctran, Nov 4, 2016
  3. hego64 Win User
    Constant disconnections from wifi

I just ran a wlan report. Here's a pic:

Constant Disconnects! [​IMG]

I've also got a crapton of individual session reports and the average length is 6 min 23 seconds. Apparently the driver is doing something wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's up to date. Any advice on what to do with this new info?

hego64, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Constant Disconnects!

I would check the cable first job in case thats faulty given your the only one on cable. Does the port on the router go out when it happens?

Samuria, Nov 4, 2016
  5. newin10 Win User
    Yes when it disconnects the port in the back of PC goes out and then when my network icon switches from red to orange the port light in the back goes to orange. So do i disconnect the cable and inspect it for any cuts or something?

newin10, Nov 4, 2016
  6. newin10 Win User
    So i checked my cable and i found this

Can this be a reason?

newin10, Nov 4, 2016
  7. Buy Cat7 flat cable (I prefer fabric made, but I guess, it does not matter much).

TairikuOkami, Nov 4, 2016
  8. newin10 Win User

Constant Disconnects!

newin10, Nov 4, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    Do you really need the cable to be that long? Also unless you have a 10 gigabit network, you don't need cat 7. cat 6 should be cheaper.

swarfega, Nov 6, 2016
  10. newin10 Win User
    Ok round #2. Today got my new flat CAT 6 Cable. Still disconnecting. Can we assume that it's my internet provider to blame?

Is there some kind of software which would be watching my network, and log all disconnects with some information to see what's happening behind?

Forgot to mention when we were on TALK TALK provider, had no such a issue, noticed disconnects after switching, never suspected provider to be fault of my problem.

newin10, Nov 10, 2016
  11. newin10 Win User
    Out of nowhere everything is fine. Black magic? o_0 *Biggrin

newin10, Nov 11, 2016
  12. I'm always deeply suspicious of magical solutions. Sometimes the magic disappears and the problem returns. (And no possibility of debugging in the meantime.) I don't know how it could be your ISP without hurting the other devices at your location. Your router is a more likely choice - especially if your is the only Ethernet-connected device. Does the router maintain an error log of any sort? Do you have good wireless security? It's possible (although unlikely) that someone with a static IP addr the same as your computer is connecting to your wireless network. An even less likely possibility: was there is a script or process running on your PC that was repeatedly doing something to your Ethernet adapter? It might be worth looking in the Windows event log to see if anything suspicious was causing errors around the times you lost connectivity.

pokeefe0001, Nov 11, 2016
  13. Constant Disconnects!

Once you have replaced your cable, your DHCP assigned by your ISP has stabilized and everything it fine in the world. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Constant Disconnects!

1. Constant Disconnects! - Similar Threads - Constant Disconnects

2. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  3. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  4. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  5. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  6. my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.: Im sorry for i findin help in microsoft community, it is because razer community suck, razer support also suckthey aint answer any, i paid more than 100$ and get back is a bad services and i always find good solution in microsoft community so i choose this one to ask for...
  7. my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.

my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.: Im sorry for i findin help in microsoft community, it is because razer community suck, razer support also suckthey aint answer any, i paid more than 100$ and get back is a bad services and i always find good solution in microsoft community so i choose this one to ask for...
  8. my razer deathadder v2 x hyperspeed constantly disconnect and reconnect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. WiFi disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnects constantly: My WIFI frequently 5-10 times a day disconnects. I have to reconnect manually but after a few reconnections, my available WiFi list goes blank and says “no available networks”. I am forced to restart the computer and begin the cycle again. Dell Inspiron laptop circa 2016,...
  10. WiFi disconnects constantly

WiFi disconnects constantly: My WIFI frequently 5-10 times a day disconnects. I have to reconnect manually but after a few reconnections, my available WiFi list goes blank and says “no available networks”. I am forced to restart the computer and begin the cycle again. Dell Inspiron laptop circa 2016,...