Windows 10: Constant internet disconnection

Discus and support Constant internet disconnection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a brand new HP Windows 10 laptop last week and on the second day of having it I noticed some internet performance issues. Basically this laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolscotty, Nov 7, 2015.

1. lolscotty Win User

Constant internet disconnection

I got a brand new HP Windows 10 laptop last week and on the second day of having it I noticed some internet performance issues. Basically this laptop will only connect to the Internet for about 10 minutes before switching to only a "limited" connection. When I try and disconnect from the Internet in the wifi submenu it refuses to disconnect. If I go off of that submenu and try to click into it again the submenu also completely refuses to open? I've tried alternatives such as accessing it through the control panel but this laptop refuses to click ANYTHING to do with the Internet at this point. I've been forced to restart and even completely switch off my laptop after this as its either frozen altogether or just been in useable as I needed the Internet for what I was doing. Does anyone know what's going on here? Like this is a brand new laptop it's not like there's any files on it that are causing slow performance or anything? If anyone knows any ways to fix this please help thank you.

:)

lolscotty, Nov 7, 2015
  2. John Zab Win User

Constant internet disconnection with desktop computer

Hi Trevor,

Here's an article about fixing network connection issues in Windows 10. We suggest that you try some steps
    provided from this article, although you can skip the steps you completed already.

Get back to us for the result.

John Zab, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Trevor88 Win User
    Constant internet disconnection with desktop computer

So every device in the household has no problem keeping its internet connection except for the desktop computer's wifi which suddenly started having problems earlier in the week.

Things that I have tried:

- running windows network diagnostics

- performing a DNS cache flush

- going into device manager, finding the network adapter, going to properties, power management and unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

-tried updating the driver through each of the automatic processes

-I also trued manually looking up the latest drivers, however there are none for windows 10 and the latest ones are from several years ago.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Trevor88, Nov 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Probably Windows Update replaced the Wi-Fi drivers with generic Microsoft ones that don't work properly. Visit the HP support site and download latest drivers. Install that and then hide any driver update so they won't get replaced again.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Constant internet disconnection - Similar Threads - Constant internet disconnection

2. Wireless internet disconnects during game updates/downloads constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet disconnects during game updates/downloads constantly: Im having a wireless connection issue where almost every time I attempt to install OR update a game, my internet name will have "No Internet" displayed underneath it after only maybe a percent of the download is complete. I can easily disconnect and connect again but it will...
  3. Internet disconnecting, first with WiFi, now with Ethernet, constant

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnecting, first with WiFi, now with Ethernet, constant: So I have been in the same house, with the same ATT router for the past 3 years. A couple months ago I started having WiFi connectivity issues on my PC only. My wife computer who is using a USB Wifi adapter continued to work fine, as did all of our other devices in the house....
  4. Constant disconnection from internet

Constant disconnection from internet: My new MSI computer and my ipad all of a sudden have started constantly disconnecting from my internet, which is Viasat satellite. Other devices, such as my android phone and Thinkpad have no problems....
  5. Constant Disconnecting From Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Disconnecting From Internet: Hello, I have had a major problem going on with my PC for a very long time. The problem stopped after a while but then started coming back. As the title says, I am constantly disconnecting from my internet at random times of the day. I would say this problem happens about 3...
  6. Constant Internet Disconnections Default Gateway is not available

Constant Internet Disconnections Default Gateway is not available: Can someone please help me with this issue? I've been dealing with it off and on for months and now that I'm working from home it's insufferable. My computer constantly disconnects from the internet, sometimes it will disconnect and I will troubleshoot it, it will connect...
  7. Computer randomly disconnects from the Internet constantly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly disconnects from the Internet constantly.: I've been having this issue for a few months now, but I've been way too busy to make a post to try figure it out My computer will disconnect from the Internet, along with it the sound through the computer will make a glitchy noise and the mouse will lag for a second Then all...
  8. Constant disconnect of Wifi Internet on Windows10, Outlook 2013

Constant disconnect of Wifi Internet on Windows10, Outlook 2013: Over and over again Wifi disconnects. On Comcast/Xfinity. Just a constant problem. On HP desktop computer. relatively new. So why can't Microsoft fix this?...
  9. Constant disconnections

Constant disconnections: About 2 weeks ago Windows 10 started disconnecting from wifi regularly. The disconnects sometimes happen in quick succession, 30 seconds apart. Other times they hapen every 30 minutes to 2 hours. I am unaware of any changes that have been made in the last 2 weeks to cause...
  10. Constant Disconnects!

Constant Disconnects!: So our family switched to new provider internet (BT Infinity or something) . Everyone in family happy except me. Because i'm the only one who uses PC not laptop. And because I'm using PC i am using Ethernet Cable. My mom and sister uses laptops so they use wireless internet...