Windows 10: Constant Internet Mail pop up-please see snip

Discus and support Constant Internet Mail pop up-please see snip in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I get a pop up with a request to enter my password to an e mail account I have not had in a long time. Please help me fix this. Thank you. Snip... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by webgal318, Aug 8, 2016.

1. webgal318 Win User

Constant Internet Mail pop up-please see snip

I get a pop up with a request to enter my password to an e mail account I have not had in a long time.
    Please help me fix this. Thank you.
    Snip attached.

:)

webgal318, Aug 8, 2016

2. Balloon shows link rather than image name

Hello there Jennie.

Your computer is showing the link to the image embedded into the email instead of downloading the actual image that the link leads to.

Are you using the native Windows 10 mail app or Windows Live Mail?

Using snipping tool to send a screenshot

If you could send a screenshot of the email, that would help me to see what's up.

• Open snipping tool. You can find it from the start menu search bar by typing "snipping tool".
    • Select the area you want to capture and make sure not to include any personal details (I.E. e-mail address).
    • Please save the image and attach the image for me to see.

Lewis12642, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Internet Explorer keeps popping up

Internet explorer keeps popping up over and over...I am using msn as home page , Toshiba home page and hot mail pop up

please help

Original title: toshibia satellite internet explorer

kevinbellanger, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

First, it is not a good idea to show / tell your real email address on online forums, it can lead to your email address being misused. I have edited your screenshot hiding the personal information, please edit your post and replace the screenshot with this edited one:

Constant Internet Mail pop up-please see snip [​IMG]

That being said, as that request for credentials comes when sending mail or checking account's ability to send email (SMTP server is for sending), it means that either the SMTP server, email address or password is wrong.

Check the correct credentials from your email provider.

Kari, Aug 8, 2016
  5. webgal318 Win User
    Thank you Kerri
    I would never send an attachment with my e mail for the world to see.
    The snip I sent that I constantly receive is from an old ISP but the problem of the pop up box remains.
    There are no SMTP settings from this server to check since I discontinued service with this provider about two years ago.

webgal318, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    In that case simply remove that account and you will not be asked those credentials anymore.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant Internet Mail pop up-please see snip - Similar Threads - Constant Internet Mail

2. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  3. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  4. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. Internet E-mail pop-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet E-mail pop-up: In the last 3 days I have started getting this popup every few seconds i've blacked out my personal e-mail on my gmail account that I have had on this computer for at least 5 years I use Outlook 2013. I am not receiving or able to send any email on this computer but am able...
  7. Snip tool popping up

Snip tool popping up: Sometimes when I'm trying to play a game or something, the snip tool would appear at the top of the screen. It isn't the entire window, just a small bar at the top of the screen. When I try to recreate what I did, I can't get it to appear....
  8. outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail

outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail: outlook email unusable with gmail pop ups sign in constantly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-with-g-mail-pop-ups-constantly-must-sign/88d06edc-d2a8-4696-96ae-5f03e457ea86
  9. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  10. Mail pops up often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail pops up often: Mail in my system automatically pops often, disturbing my work. I am facing this for past 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-pops-up-often/1df74bc4-be87-44c1-8161-9047a680157d