Windows 10: Constant low memory warnings after years of no problems.

Discus and support Constant low memory warnings after years of no problems. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had this laptop for about 2 years now, with Windows 10 on it. It has 16GB of RAM, and has performed well for things like 3D modeling and rendering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thumpskin, May 27, 2016.

1. Thumpskin Win User

Constant low memory warnings after years of no problems.

I've had this laptop for about 2 years now, with Windows 10 on it. It has 16GB of RAM, and has performed well for things like 3D modeling and rendering videos. However, today I tried to render a video which should've taken 3 minutes, and it was taking 2 hours!

I tried running CC cleaner and quickly got a BSOD. After restarting, if I try to run CC Clearner I get the low memory error, and rendering videos is still taking way too long. I've tried a system restore to earlier this month, didn't help. Keep in mind, this wasn't happening 2 days ago.

I've checked resmon, and while the memory usage looks low, the hard faults/sec is almost constantly off the chart.

Did I fry my RAM or something? =( Is there anything I can do?

:)

Thumpskin, May 27, 2016
  2. B.TEARNE Win User

Low Memory -I have 3GB of RAM yet I started getting low memory warnings after installing Windows 10

Original title: Low Memory

I have 3GB of RAM yet I started getting low memory warnings after installing Windows 10. The computer will then crash if I don't react fast enough after the low memory warning. Looking at the task manager I see Cortana is always running, I have turned it
    off I have disabled it and yet it keeps coming back. I cannot afford the memory to continuously run it. Please advise if I need to restart after disabling it. Any other back ground programs I can turn off to save RAM?

B.TEARNE, May 27, 2016
  3. TD Blitz Win User
    Low memory warnings on Windows 10

Throughout the course of the day, my laptop experiences "low memory" warnings followed by a complete crash if I do not immediately close all windows. Then it will sometimes continue the warnings with all windows closed.

After checking Task Manager, it appears the System and Compressed Memory is using over 900 MB of memory. A restart will lower that usage back to a lower 100 MB. Then, as always, web usage and work will again raise the level of compressed memory until
    it escalates to over 900 MB and nearly 70% memory space taken. The low memory warnings will again repeatedly appear until a shut down and reboot again.

Why is this a continual problem since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7? Is there not another way of emptying the compressed files that are accruing throughout the day without the need for periodic reboots? I have only 4GB of RAM and when usage
    passes well beyond 50%, it is almost automatic that the low memory warnings persist.

I have already tried running the memory troubleshooter on startup and it did not offer any problems to be fixed. Have others of you experienced similar problems and have you found any solutions?

TD Blitz, May 27, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, May 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Constant low memory warnings after years of no problems. - Similar Threads - Constant low memory

2. memory low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  3. memory low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  4. How To Disable/Fix Windows Low Memory Warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Disable/Fix Windows Low Memory Warning: I recently built my first PC. After a while it was haveing blues screens (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA). I did some reaserch anf found out I needed to disable virtual memory. I havent had blue screens for weeks, but today Low System Memory Warnings were poping up every now and...
  5. No low battery warnings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No low battery warnings: I don't recall when this problem started exactly, but perhaps about a month ago, after an update. I'm using Windows 10 My laptop used to give me warnings pop up and sound when my battery level was down to 20 and 10 percent. It recently stopped doing that and only shows a...
  6. Your Device is low on memory problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your Device is low on memory problem.: Hiya Im having a problem with windows 10 where every now and again when i use task manager its stuck on a screen saying "Your Device is low on memory" Now i have 16GB RAM and it says this when its only taking up 10%-30% Is there a way to fix this issue? I use task manager...
  7. Low battery warning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low battery warning: My laptop doesn't warn me when the battery level gets to a critically low status. Where do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-warning/2b0d75fe-540b-4e49-b07e-e71efabecbb1
  8. Battry Low Warning

in Windows 10 Support
    Battry Low Warning: When my charger becomes unplugged a warning pops up that says, "Your battery is critically low 7%". That happens a lot in my situation. Is there a way I make it appear at 20% so I have more time to correct the problem. Don Cole 127127
  9. Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?: As soon as I fired up Sony Vegas 13 and started to record (setting up the microphone was a whole other issue), I was presented with a Low Memory Warning (in Sony Vegas). Personally I think I should have adjusted the Virtual Memory ages ago (Win7), but here we are with Win10...
  10. Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings: Hello, I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs. I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives. Now the computer...