Windows 10: Constant mouse/screen hanging after installing nvidia driver

Discus and support Constant mouse/screen hanging after installing nvidia driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Did a clean/fresh install of W10 thinking it will solve all the issues I was having with it previously. Boy was I wrong! As soon as I install Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shadow85, Jul 5, 2017.

1. shadow85 Win User

Constant mouse/screen hanging after installing nvidia driver

Did a clean/fresh install of W10 thinking it will solve all the issues I was having with it previously. Boy was I wrong!
    As soon as I install Nvidia drivers, I get constant mouse/screen freeze for about 1-5 seconds constantly and randomly. This problem goes away when I uninstall the Nvidia drivers.

Have tried many different Nvidia drivers, always same thing happens. I use DDU in safe mode to clean all Nvidia drivers, to no success.

Anyone else experience this, anyone able to help me fix it. Thanks.

EDIT:

Think I may have fixed it. Installed latest, chipset and mouse drivers.

:)

shadow85, Jul 5, 2017

2. Clean Install Failure

I have found the problem. NVidia driver 9.18.13.4192 is BAD. The system functions after a clean install of 1511. The background update service downloads this driver automatically. A message pops up on the lower right hand corner saying Windows must
    reboot to regain full graphics functionality (the screen resolution after the clean install is mediocre). After this driver update, when you boot the system hangs shortly after the Windows logo is displayed.

I have no idea as to how to correct this. Hopefully nvidia (or MS) will either pull this driver or fix the problem.

Rod Horning, Jul 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Install Freezing

I've been having the same issue here. Alienware Aurora r-3. Hangs at the splash screen with the dots. I've tried downloading then installing and tried the ISO file. Same result every time. I tried installing it before Nvidia released their new drivers
    and after the new drivers, no change.

Robert C Hubbs, Jul 5, 2017
  4. shadow85 Win User

OK Issue still is not fixed. I thought it may have been fixed after installing the latest chipset and mouse drivers because it did not show the symptoms for about 10 minutes.

But then after I enabled SLi in NVCP, the problem is back immediatly. This never happend anyother time, only after I did the fresh install.

I just tried to launch Mass Effect Andromeda, and it took 20 minutes to get to the menu screen.

This is seriously getting way too ridiculous, just too many bloody issues with W10 Creators!!!

My specs:
    X99s Gaming 7 w/latest BIOS
    i7-5930K @ 4.3GHz
    4x4GB HyperX @ 2400MHz
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC
    Samsung 850 PRO 256GB
    Windows 10 Creators

shadow85, Jul 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Constant mouse/screen hanging after installing nvidia driver - Similar Threads - Constant mouse screen

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  8. Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse: My conclusion: How do I stop windows 10 from automatically updating NVidia drivers. 360 series drivers work fine. NVidia gtx 670 connected via hdmi to my dell U3415W The problem occurs on any of the 370 series drivers. So I use DDU and remove the driver and install the...
  9. Constant hangs, bad performance, blue screens after install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant hangs, bad performance, blue screens after install Windows 10: Hey guys i've made a fresh install of W10 onto my SSD and i've had nothing but problems since. Bad performance is the worst, everything seems to take an age to open compared to W7 Pro. I use my PC mainly for music production and as you can see from the specs, it's no...
  10. Cant install Nvidia display driver - constant restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant install Nvidia display driver - constant restart: Hi all I started having issues today while playing World of Warcraft. Occasionally it would freeze and I would get a notification along the lines of "Nvidia display driver has crashed and recovered successfully". It started happening more frequently and sometimes was...