Windows 10: Constant need to reset/renew ipconfig, DNSflush too.

Discus and support Constant need to reset/renew ipconfig, DNSflush too. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there! Since I have had my computer, I have occasionally suffered from link speed drops, down to 1 MB/s from 54 on my wifi connection (broadcom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CTKnudsen, Sep 6, 2015.

1. CTKnudsen Win User

Constant need to reset/renew ipconfig, DNSflush too.

Hi there!

Since I have had my computer, I have occasionally suffered from link speed drops, down to 1 MB/s from 54 on my wifi connection (broadcom 802.11n network adapter). In windows 7, it would happen occasionally, and if I turned my wifi off and then on again (via the keyboard) the issue would be resolved.

Since installing windows 10 (clean install, my hard drive crashed), several things have changed. My system almost always boots without connecting to my wifi, despite my asking it to auto-connect. When I connect, it starts off with a slow link speed - 1 to 6 MB/s. Very occasionally, however, the computer boots with the wifi on and a normal link speed, and I can't see why it would at one time and not another.

After hunting around, I made some modifications to the router position and changed the wifi channel to one that had slightly less interference. This was done for the sake of completeness, as no other system that uses wifi in the house has any similar performance drop. I also created an ipconfig.bat, as follows:

echo off
    cls
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh winsock reset

When I run this and restart, all works as it should, but I would still like to get a handle on fixing what causes the problem in the first place.

I am running Bitdefender Internet Security 2015, and I don't seem to have any virus or malware issues that I can see.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks!

:)

CTKnudsen, Sep 6, 2015
  2. louie1113 Win User

constant need to ipconfig /renew

This worked for my computer. Thanks for the help.

louie1113, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Constant need to reset/renew ipconfig, DNSflush too.

1. Constant need to reset/renew ipconfig, DNSflush too. - Similar Threads - Constant need reset

2. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  3. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  4. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  5. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  6. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ipconfig/renew returns cannot connect to DHCP request timed out

Ipconfig/renew returns cannot connect to DHCP request timed out: Lost ethernet connectivity with my HP Pavilion running windows 10 about 2 days ago. Tried the network reset option but yielded zero results. Ipconfig/flushdns followed by /release worked but upon using ipconfig/renew I get the message in the subject line. Laptop was purchased...
  8. Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew

Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew: Hello, Almost every time I start my laptop I need to open cmd and need to release and renew, before I can get internet acces. The problem is probably there for a few months. I already updated the drivers of the network cards and my windows is up to date. Laptop: Levono...
  9. IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network

IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network: Hi, I apologise if this problem has been solved anywhere. I did do a search for it but there didn't seem to be any complete solutions as far as I could see. Around a week ago, a colleague's computer would not connect to the internet (although was connected to the...
  10. Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew

Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew: Hi, suddely I cannot get internet access unless I do the cmd command prompt ip config release and renew everytime I turn on laptop. This has just started after I purchased Malwarbytes Premium. Could it be connected, if not anyone have any solutions. Thanks 90804

Users found this page by searching for:

1. /ipconfig renew causes router to reset