Windows 10: Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit

Discus and support Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Every 2 or 3 days when I try to log in my password fails and I have to get a new one then a few day later it fails again and I go through the same... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikalias, Aug 6, 2017.

1. mikalias Win User

Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit

Every 2 or 3 days when I try to log in my password fails and I have to get a new one then a few day later it fails again and I go through the same procedure of acquiring anew password. Is this happening globally or just on my account? I was thinking maybe Microsoft is doing it on purpose to make it hard for hacker? Or is it something on my side? What's going on

Mike

:)

mikalias, Aug 6, 2017

2. why doesn't microsoft solitaire load

happens every few days. Opening screen just sits there.

ELTONBRYANT, Aug 6, 2017
  3. MS Password protection failure

I take my laptop to my store 7 days a week. Today, as happens every month or so, MS "decides" someone is using my account. I log in, go through the phone verification and am finally "allowed" to use my own computer after changing the password.

But when I get home, sit at my desktop, I get the same issue, and am forced to change my password, again. For those challenged, that is twice on one day

Is no one at MS smart enough to figure out that a person who has been using the same computers for three years and travels regularly should be able to do a verification once, and when done not be forced to change a password once, much less twice in one day
    since I had already verified my existence with a cell phone?

And then they do not even have the courtesy to actually TALK to me to allow me to keep my perfectly safe and secure password I am happy with.

This after I reluctantly changed to WIN 10 - ostensibly for security, because it obviously wasn't for convenience.

Where is that APPLE store?

WilliamMarble, Aug 6, 2017
  4. Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit

I've been using the same password since day one of setting up my Microsoft Account. What message do you get when the password fails? Is it failing when you log into your PC or when you try to log into your account online?

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2017
  5. mikalias Win User
    I have to use my windows laptop to go into microsoft.com and change the password, then I can go to the destop and login. I Try the forget password but I never works always say's password invalid after I get the code in the e-mail. Thats when I go to my Laptop where the password works and change the global password for both computers. When I eventually get a new password I can log on to the desktop and also logon to Microsoft account.

mik

mikalias, Aug 6, 2017
  6. So it only does it on one PC? What version of Windows 10 are you running on that PC? Are you logging in with a Microsoft Account or an Office365 account?

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2017
  7. mikalias Win User
    windows 64 professional. Here is how it goes. I try to login from the last log from yesterday and it says it is invalid so I go through the forgot password and have them send me a code to my e-mail. put the code in and then it asks me for a new password. put the new password in twice and hit ok and then it asks me to login but then it says it an invalid password. But if I go to my laptop in log into microsoft.com and change the password there then that password works on both machines until my desktop craps out on me again with the password and the whole process repeats again. What happens if my laptop breaks down? I would never be able to create a login for my desktop. That's whats scaring me. Is there a way to create a password from you desktop without going through microsoft.com? Some one asked for my E-mail its L: mhaefner@roadrunner.com maybe a tech who works for microsoft could look at the logs and see what's happening?

mikalias, Aug 7, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Aug 7, 2017
  9. mikalias Win User
    Do you still get updates for windows 10 on a local account?

mikalias, Aug 7, 2017
  10. Yes, you still get updates. It can cause issues with the Store and Apps though. Sync also likely won't work anymore also. Pluses and minuses. I have no idea why your getting the invalid password prompt. I use my Microsoft ID on 3 PC's here, a laptop and two desktops. various different versions of Windows 10. The only one that gives me a similar issue is logging into Education version with my office365 account. It wants to do Windows Hello as a second stage verification, but always fails to send me the code via phone. Screen shots would likely help. You may have to take them with a camera though.

alphanumeric, Aug 7, 2017
  11. mikalias Win User
    My problem is solved. It fixed itself a few since my last post. I don't know how. Update? Microsoft.com saw the problem from my username? Any I no longer loose my password anymore.*Smile

Mik

mikalias, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit - Similar Threads - Constant password changes

2. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  3. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Forced to change password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to change password!: Why is Microsoft making me change my password? I Googled this and read many annoyed and angry peoples' responses. Also, I tried to followed instructions from various Microsoft techs who tried to guide people in turning off this option. Yet, none of their instructions worked....
  6. Forced Password Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced Password Change: I found through security monitoring software that my password was compromised on the dark web. I went into my Microsoft account and changed my password. This took quite an effort. Verification texts, etc. The next day, when I first logged in, the login prompted me to change...
  7. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  8. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  9. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION every few days: Hi, Running Win10 pro on a dell xps 15. Got in Jul '18. Everything Great until Feb 26, 2019. Started getting BSOD with that error in subject. Happens about every 3-5 days. I have executed windows update. I have updated bios. I have run checkdsk. I have run dell diagnostics...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...