Windows 10: Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

Discus and support Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The long and the short (I'd appreciate a read-through before deciding this is the wrong place to post) : System Details: Windows 10 Home ver: 1703... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NateZ99, May 7, 2017.

1. NateZ99 Win User

Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

The long and the short (I'd appreciate a read-through before deciding this is the wrong place to post) :

System Details:
    Windows 10 Home ver: 1703
    Build: 15063.250
    CPU: i7-5820K
    RAM: HYNIX 16GB @2400MHz
    VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    MoBo: Gigabyte X99-UD3-CF
    Bios: F22
    Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300
    Keyboard: Logitech Mechanical gaming G410

Problem Description:
    *Mouse and Keyboard and any other USB peripherals will stop responding several times throughout the day. No specific usage or program is noticed to be running. This happens during gaming, as well as during web-browsing or word-processing.

*Screen remains on and functioning, peripherals do not respond and remain unresponsive until a hard reboot.

*Reliability monitor shows no crashes, only that I rebooted unexpectedly (hard reboot).

Until today that is! Here is the report from within reliability monitor:

Event Signature
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 144
    Parameter1: 1010
    Parameter2: ffff8001dc986970
    Parameter3: 0
    Parameter4: 0
    OS Version: 15063_0_10
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 1_768
    OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
    Region ID: 1037

Additional Info
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x144_UNHANDLED_TRANSFER_EVENT_TRB_COMPLETION_CODE_USBXHCI!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_8086_D EV_8D31_REV_05
    Server Details: c737cc5c-6351-4b3c-b820-824a3bcc7447

Steps I have already Taken:

Updated Windows via Windows Update
    Updated all relevant drivers via Gigabyte website (chipset, LAN, USB, Audio, Video)
    Updated BIOS
    Switched keyboard and mouse to USB 2.0 ports
    Run chkdsk /r
    Run SFC/Scannow
    Scanned for and removed any malicious software using ESET Antivirus, Malwarebytes, Hitman PRO, ADW Cleaner, Junkware Removal Tool

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

NateZ99, May 7, 2017
  2. TommyYap Win User

Neither pin nor Microsoft account password access work on my ASUS F555L laptop after 5-10-2017

This does not help. I've been getting issues after a forced update on my pc today. Constant BSOD and FREEZING. I tried to do a FRESH INSTALL with the Media Creation Tool and I'm still getting CONSTANT BSOD DURING INSTALLATION.

MICROSOFT THIS IS A PROBLEM YOU'VE CREATED NOW FIX IT!

TommyYap, May 7, 2017
  3. DanPin Win User
    Constant computer failures after system startup or resume

Oh, great.

Now with the Creators Update, I'm going to experience additional BSoDs and constant computer freezes as usual. If I run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool, it will either freeze or continue to run with no problems.

The BSoD I experienced was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

DanPin, May 7, 2017
  4. Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

Your Bucket ID gives the cause---USB---.If you are using a USB hub,then disconnect it and try the usb sockets on your pc.If that is not the case,then if your mouse and keyboard are plugged in to usb sockets,use adapters to convert usb to the old plug system and try that.The adapters only cost a couple of dollars.
    Does Reliability History show a report was sent?
    Also use the info shown on Bucket ID to search ms TechNet for other similar problems.
    That's about all I can help with on usb issues.

joeandmarg0, May 8, 2017
Thema:

Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

1. Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD - Similar Threads - Constant Peripheral freezing

2. PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD: My PC is freezing, usually after using for a couple hours. Complete freeze including peripherals, no BSOD, no Minidump. Requires hard restart that takes me to error screen where I must restart a second time. Started in early December. Initially I thought it was something to...
  3. PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD: My PC is freezing, usually after using for a couple hours. Complete freeze including peripherals, no BSOD, no Minidump. Requires hard restart that takes me to error screen where I must restart a second time. Started in early December. Initially I thought it was something to...
  4. Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...: For a while now, I had been getting a strange occasional "freeze" where none of the peripherals would work anymore if I left the computer idle for some time, so I would have to restart the computer, but I could never find the source of it.When I came back from holiday, the...
  5. Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...: For a while now, I had been getting a strange occasional "freeze" where none of the peripherals would work anymore if I left the computer idle for some time, so I would have to restart the computer, but I could never find the source of it.When I came back from holiday, the...
  6. Constant BSODs/Freezes

Constant BSODs/Freezes: My computer keeps freezing/getting BSODs at the most random times. I've had this issue for a while now and have no idea what else I can try out to fix it. I'd appreciate any help!Explanation of the issue:PC keeps freezing at the most random times, which often results in a...
  7. Constant freezes and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant freezes and BSOD: HelloMy PC keeps crashing and most times I have to manually reboot.I use it mainly for remote access and LAN file sharing, and only through remote desktopHere are my DMP files, MSInfo and computer specs:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am4g5fH3j2GTg9VIVGYFWBSMfRLS9Q?e=AJ9IRCPlease help me...
  8. Constant Freezing and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Freezing and BSOD: Hello, for the past two weeks, I've had numerous issues with regard to BSOD and Freezing. From what I know, the majority of my BSOD is caused by the driver known as ntoskrnl.exe. In order to try and fix this issue, I have tested my ram and hdd, and so far, every diagnostic...
  9. Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes: Hello all, Long story short, I replaced my motherboard last night and since then I've been having some BSOD, freezes and crashes. Narrowing it down, I think it may be driver related. But honestly, I have no clue. Here are my specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super...
  10. USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.: Hi all, so recently I've been on my PC and all of a sudden my USB ports disconnect and reconnect, followed by my monitor freezing up and I am unable to get around this apart from restarting my entire PC. This issue is sporadic and is becoming a real issue for me. Here's an...