Windows 10: Constant power failures.

Discus and support Constant power failures. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My brand new computer keeps powering off repeatedly since upgrading to Windows 10. Sometimes it powers off when just using Chrome and general internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yuk75, Jan 7, 2016.

1. yuk75 Win User

Constant power failures.

My brand new computer keeps powering off repeatedly since upgrading to Windows 10. Sometimes it powers off when just using Chrome and general internet stuff. Sometimes it powers off before even reaching the BIOS or login screens. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a row (like a flickering lightbulb almost!). I have disabled USB booting in the BIOS recently thinking it might be to do with an external hard drive but it's not helped. Here are the errors in the log around the time it happens:
    http://pastebin.com/ufJpqDHu
    http://pastebin.com/jKqsauYs
    http://pastebin.com/AxtiDsvm

I had my wireless adapter changed because it wasn't working and since then I have these too:
    http://pastebin.com/n23AQME4
    http://pastebin.com/0ShErbQT

In case you want a picture, here's a picture:
    http://postimg.org/image/v7yies6q7/

I did do the log gathering thing but I'm uncomfortable posting it on the internet. There's so much information in there and I don't know what hackers can and cannot use. I'd be more comfortable providing only what's needed..sorry *Smile.

Attachment 57567 Attachment 57568 Attachment 57569

:)

yuk75, Jan 7, 2016

2. window 10 update/upgrade has failed 50 times. 4 Support sessions have also failed.

Constant Failure with Windows 10 upgrade download Support has also failed 3 times

stevenvalencia, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 fails to boot every time a power outage occurs after Fall Creators Update

I'm aware that I can create a bootable disk by downloading the ISO files. But, I wouldn't like having to do a sytem repair everytime a power failure happened. This didn't happened on previous versions of Windows 10. Would using
    this method if this issue happened again prevent it from happening further?

As for the UPS, I hadn't got one already because I didn't usually deal with constant power outages, but now, I plan to acquire one as soon as possible.

Igor LuizOL, Jan 7, 2016
  4. yuk75 Win User

Constant power failures.

It's just shut down again, I can't open the start menu at all. It's giving me a spinning wheel. I can't load more than the task manager. I can't right click. It keeps shutting down, as I have written this it's shut down twice *Sad.

yuk75, Jan 7, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi yuk75,

Please upload the zip file, we can't help you with the current provided data because it isn't useful for this kind of troubleshooting.
    Please note, you can remove your uploaded files whenever you want, but keep it long enough uploaded so we can help *Smile

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  6. yuk75 Win User
    Okay, thank you for looking into this. I fixed the spinning wheel and start menu issue by using system restore. I tried to give DCOM permissions to Runtime Broker and it backfired and everything was throwing the error (second link from first post). I followed a tutorial and it was just genuinely unhappy with the results...thank god for a restore point.

Here's the files: Attachment 57977

yuk75, Jan 9, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    What are the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values in the BIOS?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU and cooling system.How to fill in your system specs:

Constant power failures. [​IMG]

Constant power failures. [​IMG]

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  8. yuk75 Win User

Constant power failures.

I don't think it's overheating, this happens usually on startup and even after 4 hours of use the air coming out of the case is cold/cool (when it wants to work).

I updated the specs as good as I could, this is from my actual order from MSY:
    Attachment 58055

What are the 3.3v, 5v and 12v settings? How do I find that out? I do know the BIOS is up to date (from speccy):
    Brand: American Megatrends Inc.
    Version: P1.60
    Date: 9/11/2015

yuk75, Jan 9, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please read my question

The 3.3v, 5v and 12v are values that go to your motherboard, the 3.3v and 5v values are for the chips and the 12v value is simply for everything that moves.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  10. yuk75 Win User
    I have
    3.30V: +3.392 V
    5.00V: +5.112 V
    12.00V: +12.192 V

yuk75, Jan 10, 2016
  11. yuk75 Win User
    I would assume so, I paid a store to build it and it was working fine until upgrading to Windows 10.

yuk75, Jan 10, 2016
  12. lifetec Win User
    There are no dumpfiles in your zip.

But i found this all your WER ( Windows Error Reporting) are
    +++ WER1 +++:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: x64
    P2: USB\VID_264A&PID_3006&REV_0036&MI_00
    P3: 10.0.0.0
    P4: 0409
    P5: input.inf
    P6: *
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

This seems to be your USB Gaming Keyboard.
    Does it needs to have drivers or must you update to windows 10 driver.
    Do you have the proper USB drivers installed for your motherboard
    Did you have all the latest drivers for your motherboard esp. the chipset etc.
    What bios version do you have the latest is 1.60
    support http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B150M.../?cat=Download

If you have a other Keyboard use this one(unplug the USB gaming keyboard) and see if you also have the problems.

lifetec, Jan 10, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Constant power failures.

It isn't exactly a bluescreen, more a sudden shutdown/restart.

BIOS = 1.60, present in the files.

I would recommend to check the PSU if it is a little loosy and if any cable is loosy.
    After that test the PSU
    PSU - Test DC Output Voltage - Windows 7 Help Forums

14. yuk75 Win User
    Hmm we thought it was an external hard drive trying to boot. Thanks for figuring that out! I'll go find out if there's updates etc *Smile.

I will run that tonight too, thank you! *Biggrin

yuk75, Jan 10, 2016
  15. yuk75 Win User
    Okay not sure I can do the PSU test....I don't have those items or the money to get them. Do you think the PSU could be faulty or is it possible some sort of error is causing it to shut down?

yuk75, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

Constant power failures.

1. Constant power failures. - Similar Threads - Constant power failures

2. Constant "Driver Power State Failure" Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant "Driver Power State Failure" Blue Screens: Since reinstalling Windows 11 I get constant blue screens when doing a fresh reboot. Once the system runs ... it runs without issues. But when doing a fresh reboot I get often times the blue screen "Driver Power State Failure".Memory dump...
  3. Constant "Driver Power State Failure" Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant "Driver Power State Failure" Blue Screens: Since reinstalling Windows 11 I get constant blue screens when doing a fresh reboot. Once the system runs ... it runs without issues. But when doing a fresh reboot I get often times the blue screen "Driver Power State Failure".Memory dump...
  4. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE constantly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE constantly in Windows 11: My PC is restarting at random. Most of the time it's when it's idle. However while I was using it I saw a brief bluescreen stating Driver Power State Failure.I've attached a dmp file fromC:\Windows\Minidump - Actually it seems I can't attach it. How can I upload this to this...
  5. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE constantly in Windows 11

DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE constantly in Windows 11: My PC is restarting at random. Most of the time it's when it's idle. However while I was using it I saw a brief bluescreen stating Driver Power State Failure.I've attached a dmp file fromC:\Windows\Minidump - Actually it seems I can't attach it. How can I upload this to this...
  6. Driver Power State Failure & External Power Failure BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure & External Power Failure BSODs: Here are the dump files I received for these BSODs: MinidumpIt seems the driver power state failure occurred due to hidusb.sys. At the time of the BSOD, I had my wired keyboard plugged in and was using the wired cable of my mouse rather than the wireless USB dongle. I also...
  7. Constant System failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant System failure: Recently I built myself a brand new computer, when installing smaller files about 10gb from the Internet or steam I have no issues, but when I install an 80gb game from ubisoft connect my system becomes very slow around 15-20gb and crashes, my drive then becomes unbootable...
  8. Constant System failure

Constant System failure: Recently I built myself a brand new computer, when installing smaller files about 10gb from the Internet or steam I have no issues, but when I install an 80gb game from ubisoft connect my system becomes very slow around 15-20gb and crashes, my drive then becomes unbootable...
  9. Reset failure because of power failure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset failure because of power failure.: About half way though resetting my HP laptop we had a power failure. The reset failed and the PC is stuck in a loop rebooting. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  10. constant BSOD "driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant BSOD "driver Power State Failure": I wonder if anyone could help me pinpoint down the faulty device. This is a new laptop, with fresh install of windows (i did that multiple times...) and new drivers etc. I am at a dead end, just about before returning it, after trying 4 days now with fress installs,...