Windows 10: Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Discus and support Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Rooseph, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Rooseph Win User

Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to: Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

How to Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows 10 PC. Thanks to a new and improved design, added intelligence and Pen support, it is now easier than ever to quickly capture and add context to all your notes.

Sticky Notes 3.0 brings the following amazing new features and capabilities:
    • Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
    • If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! Microsoft is introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
    • Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, Microsoft channeled their dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
    • Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
    • You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
    • Microsoft applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
    • Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
      • Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
      • Keyboard navigation.
      • Using mouse, touch, and pen.
      • High Contrast.
    You can now get to your notes from anywhere with the introduction of Sticky Notes on the web.

If you sign in to Sticky Notes with your Microsoft account or work or school account, you will be able to sync your notes to the cloud.

When you sign out of Sticky Notes, you will not have access to your synced notes again until you sign back in. Any new notes you create will not be synced until you sign in next.

This tutorial will show you how to sign in and sign out of Sticky Notes with your Microsoft account or work or school account to sync your notes in Windows 10 and online.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Sticky Notes

Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Sign in to Sticky Notes
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

Note If you have a note open, you could click/tap on the Menu (3 dots) button, click/tap on All Notes, and click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon.

2. Click/tap on the Sign in button. (see screenshot below)

3. Select your Microsoft account or Work or school account if listed, and click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

*note If your account is not listed or you want to use a different account, click/tap on Microsoft account or Work or school account, and follow the instructions to sign in to the account.

4. You will now be signed in to Sticky Notes with access to all of your notes for this account. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Sign out of Sticky Notes
    1. Right click or press and hold on Sticky Notes in the Start menu (All apps) or on the taskbar, and click/tap on Settings in its jump list. (see screenshots below)

Note If you have a note open, you could click/tap on the Menu (3 dots) button, click/tap on All Notes, and click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon.

2. Click/tap on the Sign out link. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Sign out to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now be signed out of Sticky Notes. You can now close Sticky Notes if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Rooseph, Jul 30, 2015
  2. ElJefe28 Win User

Sticky Note Sign-In

Ever since the update to Sticky Notes 3.0, you're supposed to be able to sign in to the app to sync your notes to OneDrive, much the same way you would sync OneNote. However, when trying to sign in, I receive an error that there is no active Office 365
    account associated with my profile. I can say without a doubt that this is not the case, I am licensed with O365 Business Essentials. Nowhere in my license description does it mention Sticky Notes. In my admin portal, there is no option to enable/disable
    this feature. It's also worth noting that I have another user in my organization experiencing the same issue. We both meet the minimum requirements listed by Microsoft to use this app (we're both running Win10 SP 1803). I can't seem to find any documentation
    on the issue. Any chance someone can point me in the right direction?

ElJefe28, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

The story of Microsoft Sticky Notes

The Sticky Notes team is obsessed with making notetaking quickly accessible no matter where you are. Learn how Sticky Notes evolved from a small widget in Windows Vista to a Windows 10 power app as the team draws back the curtain for a peek behind the scenes of what goes into making it possible to capture and retrieve your notes at your fingertips.

zT2zAMvsO4U

Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Delete Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Sticky Notes Insights in Windows 10

Access and Use Windows 10 Sticky Notes Online on the Web

Manually Sync Sticky Notes on Windows 10 PC

Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10

Backup and Restore Sticky Notes app Settings in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sign Sign Sticky

2. Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....: Hi,I cannot sign into Sticky Notes using my work credentials under Windows 11. It works with my personal MS account, but not with the work account that uses SSO.Upon clicking the Sign In button in Notes, it asks me which of my MS accounts to use. I choose my work account,...
  3. Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign into Windows 11 Sticky Notes. Error: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info....: Hi,I cannot sign into Sticky Notes using my work credentials under Windows 11. It works with my personal MS account, but not with the work account that uses SSO.Upon clicking the Sign In button in Notes, it asks me which of my MS accounts to use. I choose my work account,...
  4. Sticky notes does not prompt me to sign in

Sticky notes does not prompt me to sign in: I initially declined to sign in to sticky notes on my work computer for times sake as i was in the middle of something when it first asked me, but now i would like to use them. I am signed in and can sync my notes across the other computers in my work place, but my main...
  5. WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT: Hi, A week ago when i opened my PC, i show it is asking for a check disk scanCHKDSK. So i waited for it to complete and when it was completed then i saw that window signs in and signs out automatically and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing happens when i click on sign...
  6. signing work account in sticky notes

signing work account in sticky notes: anyone has the same issue signing in work account in sticky notes app? it says "We couldn't verify your sign-in info. Your org has disabled sign-in and sync with a work or school account. sign in with your microsoft account. i have no problem sign in work account from other...
  7. Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info

Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info: About a week ago, I noticed that my Sticky Notes app was not signed in. When I tried to sign in, I received an error message: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info. We can't connect to the server. Error code 0x80072EFD". I tried resetting the app and reinstalling it but...
  8. Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Sticky Notes on W10 1909 Windows 10 Sticky notes not loading. Loading Sticky Notes...: Any ideas on how to fix this that I haven't already tried. This all started after a version update and unfortunately a downgrade is not possible. Issue is with all user accounts on the PC. Sticky Notes opens a Sticky Note that just says: Loading Sticky Notes... but then...
  9. Sticky Note Sign-In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sticky Note Sign-In: Ever since the update to Sticky Notes 3.0, you're supposed to be able to sign in to the app to sync your notes to OneDrive, much the same way you would sync OneNote. However, when trying to sign in, I receive an error that there is no active Office 365 account associated...
  10. Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 How to Sign in or Sign out of Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the...