Windows 10: Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day)

Discus and support Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, My system has been crashing consistently over the last few weeks. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software one. I've tested all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bunsinator, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day)

Hi all,

My system has been crashing consistently over the last few weeks. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software one. I've tested all my RAM sticks and received no errors.

Windows updated to anniversary edition last night and since then, the PC has crashed twice already. My system's reliability monitor is showing critical events at every crash, but I have no idea what they mean.

Any help/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

bunsinator, Oct 14, 2016

2. 950 having to restart at least four time a day?

Hello,

To assist you further, please answer the questions below:

• Is you device up to date? To check, Go to Settings > Update& security > Phone update > Check for updates.
    • When did this issue occur?
    You can also utilize Lumia troubleshooting and repair for additional help.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 14, 2016
  3. 950 having to restart at least four time a day?

I am having the 5 second black screen when I go to use me 950

this has only started since the anniversary update.

I have wiped and re installed the OS twice now and still doing it

JulianSidney, Oct 14, 2016
  4. DonCeCo Win User

Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day)

Am I wrong or I can`t see crash dump file?

DonCeCo, Oct 14, 2016
  5. For some reason, I can't find any dump files on my system even though I've configured Windows to write a file every time it crashes. Have the locations for dump files moved?

I don't know if it helps, but in Event Viewer, I've got 4 critical events (Event ID 41, Source: Kernel-Power, Task Category: (63), Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)).

It crashed for no reason again another two times since I posted.

bunsinator, Oct 15, 2016
  6. Okay - so I think the system isn't writing any dump files because the system just crashes and immediately restarts. There's no traditional BSOD which means there isn't enough time for the system to create a dump file.

Any thoughts on what to do is this instance?

bunsinator, Oct 15, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    It's a different story actually. The system is crashing, only the crash is not the kind that Windows catches what means that it isn't a BSOD.

As this is a shutdown/restart crash a first step is testing the PSU, checking 3.3v, 5v and 12v values in the BIOS and making sure that the PSU is capable of providing enough power to the entire system.
    Please note down the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values and post them, test the PSU and provide your system specs with as much details as possible (see my system specs as an example) so we can check it too *Smile

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day) [​IMG]

Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day) [​IMG]

8. Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day)

Okay, so I've updated my system specs. My PSU voltages (according to the BIOS) are: 3.3v = 3.36, 5v = 5.08, 12v = 12.096.

I haven't checked the PSU with a meter yet, but will do so this coming week.

bunsinator, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day)

1. Constantly Crashing (at least four times/day) - Similar Threads - Constantly Crashing least

2. Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Four crashes in the past 5 days. BSOD: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ,...: Hello all,This PC has recently been built about a month ago, but has had blue screens up the wazoo. I've went through multiple threads trying to troubleshoot to no avail. And so I want to ask directly if anyone can assist me in getting rid of it. I've tried memory diagnostic...
  3. Constant BSOD. At least 4 times a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD. At least 4 times a day: For a while, it was just a rare occurrence to have a BSOD but it's been a reoccurring problem recently, happening up to 4 times every day. I've done all I can with my skillset but I've begun using some technical tools above my skill level and need some help deciphering....
  4. Constant BSOD. At least 4 times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD. At least 4 times a day: For a while, it was just a rare occurrence to have a BSOD but it's been a reoccurring problem recently, happening up to 4 times every day. I've done all I can with my skillset but I've begun using some technical tools above my skill level and need some help deciphering....
  5. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  6. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  7. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Constant BSD at Least 4 Times a Day on New Install

Constant BSD at Least 4 Times a Day on New Install: I finished the new build around an Intel Core i9-9900K on a BIOSTAR Group B365MHC. I have all the latest patches, drivers, and the system is running stock (no overclocking). I have looked at the dumps and they tell me nothing useful. I'm a former MCSE, A+, Net+, Sec+ and...
  9. Four Crashes in Four Days - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Four Crashes in Four Days - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Here is what I have tried so far: - Switched out one of my sticks of RAM. In the process of switching out second one. - Ran three Memory Diagnostic Scans. All came back with no errors. I am just unsure of what to do at this point. Things I read online is that sometimes...
  10. Four times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Four times: Four times today my computer restarted simply because I was away for more than ten minutes. Seriously, MS, don't force restarts on people just because they were gone from the computer a bit too long for your liking, especially not several times a day! Let us actually choose...