Windows 10: Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot

Discus and support Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! So as written in the subject, each time I boot my Windows 10 system, I will constantly hear that USB connect/disconnect sound since a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShovyD, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ShovyD Win User

Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot

Hi!

So as written in the subject, each time I boot my Windows 10 system, I will constantly hear that USB connect/disconnect sound since a couple of time. It will last about 1 minute then the sound will stop. The thing is that I don't use any USB devices and it does that so I'm starting to think it might be a hardware or firmware issue (I'm updating that Lenovo Think Pad P50 as I write this in the hope it will fix this annoying issue)

Troubleshooting:

1. Remove all the USB devices | problem persists

2. Boot and go directly to the device manager to see if I can get any clues there | nothing to see there

3. Look at the Windows event viewer, not sure what it tells to me but those are the logs around the time it occurred, seeing one thing about COM port I think:
    Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot 7f672787-9cbb-46a8-bd07-a57255f18e16?upload=true.jpg

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
    and APPID
    {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Question:

Besides updating the laptop, where you guys would look to diagnose the issue and get it fixed?

Thank you!

:)

ShovyD, Jul 14, 2018
  2. TheCROW Win User

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

Hello All,
    I just built a new system last week and everything is working correctly with the recent drivers and all.
    I'm having a problem with the USB Connect/Disconnect sound, it's not coming up when I connect or disconnect a USB flash Drive or HDD. Everything else is working correctly including sound in all apps and games.
    Worth to mention that in the first couple of days after the build, the connect/disconnect sound was working as it should.
    I've had this issue with my previous system as well.
    My Windows 10 version is 1709 (16299.371) I guess some update messed with the USB sound.
    Any way to resolve this?
    Thank you kindly.

TheCROW, Jul 14, 2018
  3. TheCROW Win User
    USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

Thank you for your reply. I already checked this and everything is as it should be. the sound is set and it plays fine on test. However I don't hear it when I connect and disconnect my USB drives.

TheCROW, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Constantly hearing the USB connect/disconnect sound at system boot - Similar Threads - Constantly hearing USB

2. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  3. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  4. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  6. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  7. I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds: Since yesterday, I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds even though there is no devices connected on my laptop, the USB icon also keep on appearing and disappearing on my taskbar, is there a fix to this?Things I tried:- uninstalling USB Drivers- Updating my...
  8. I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds

I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds: Since yesterday, I keep on hearing Connecting and Disconnecting sounds even though there is no devices connected on my laptop, the USB icon also keep on appearing and disappearing on my taskbar, is there a fix to this?Things I tried:- uninstalling USB Drivers- Updating my...
  9. Constant divice connect/disconnect sound

Constant divice connect/disconnect sound: Hi all, I just set up a new computer for myself and installed the latest version of Win10. However I been having issue with constant device connect/disconnect sound issue. It happens with starting up my computer everytime. Also it happens when opening an app like steam etc....
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...