Windows 10: Contactless smartcards for login?

Discus and support Contactless smartcards for login? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Windows 8/8.1 I could enroll a touchless smartcard and use it for a login. I am not seeing a way to enroll those in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mvalpreda, May 3, 2016.

1. mvalpreda Win User

Contactless smartcards for login?

In Windows 8/8.1 I could enroll a touchless smartcard and use it for a login. I am not seeing a way to enroll those in Windows 10. Anyone have any idea where that might be?

Dell Latitude E7470 with fingerprint and both contact and contactless smartcard reader

:)

mvalpreda, May 3, 2016

2. Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

I recently Bought a Precision 7520 laptop and it came with a contactless smart card reader and I want to take advantage of the added security option but I don't have a card, and I am trying to find away to use, like to get a card or something to be able
    to use, I am a Student at a New Hampshire Technical Collage but they don't give security cards. Can anyone help me on a way to use this smartcard reader, I thought at first it was used for a credit card, kinda wish it could be Contactless smartcards for login? :)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Brandon211999, May 3, 2016
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Smartcard login

My new laptop, a Thinkpad T480s has a smartcard reader and is shipped with Window 10 Pro. How can I use the smartcard reader to log into Windows using a smartcard?

I'm not really interested in all kinds of technical stuff about smartcards, I'm just a home user and I have a smartcard reader and several smartcards that might be usable. Simple as that. I don't need filesystem encryption for now either.

I see it as just logging in with an alternative input - not unlike fingerprint login really.

But instead of fingerprint, I want to use smartcard.

How to do it?

Thanatica, May 3, 2016
Thema:

Contactless smartcards for login?

1. Contactless smartcards for login? - Similar Threads - Contactless smartcards login

2. Virtual Smartcard get blocked after login to citrix

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Virtual Smartcard get blocked after login to citrix: Hello all,I am using virtual smartcard and get blocked each time login to citrix and connect to a VDI but I could not found any possible way to trouble shoot when the smartcard was blocked I login to citrix with username/password and not using PIN number and have to unblock...
  3. Virtual Smartcard get blocked after login to citrix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Smartcard get blocked after login to citrix: Hello all,I am using virtual smartcard and get blocked each time login to citrix and connect to a VDI but I could not found any possible way to trouble shoot when the smartcard was blocked I login to citrix with username/password and not using PIN number and have to unblock...
  4. Virtual Smartcard get blocked after login to citrix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SmartCard Service error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartCard Service error: I'm experiencing an issue with my SmartCard.I thought it was the reader. It is not. I repeat, it's NOT the reader.I checked the service and noticed that it's not running. I tried to start it and got an error:Windows could not start the Smart Card service on Local...
  6. Unable to login windows 10 via smartcard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login windows 10 via smartcard: Hello All, can someone help/confirm if you come across the below issue with smartcard authentication? when try to login in windows 10 by smart card, it says " The domain specified is not available. please try again later" We did increase logon cache from 3 to 10, but...
  7. Changing Placeholder text in Windows 10 login SmartCard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Placeholder text in Windows 10 login SmartCard: I'm looking to change the text in this box for all users and its when using a smart card. Users enter their smart card to log in and the screen changes with two boxes, one labeled PIN and the second box Username Hint. Pretty sure I'll need to get deep into RegEdit for this...
  8. Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell Precision 3520 and Smartcard Login: I have a Dell Precision 3520 with a FIPS-compliant fingerprint reader and smartcard reader built-in. I'm currently using the Dell security software to manage this. Has anyone used Windows to set up a smartcard login and set it up so that as soon as the smartcard is...
  9. Smartcard login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Smartcard login: Hi All I have started to use a Smartcard to login to my Windows 10 Education machine. Logging in works fine but the one annoying problem I have is that when I boot up the machine and am at the login screen it ALWAYS defaults to using a password login. This even happens...
  10. logon with smartcard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    logon with smartcard: Is it possible and if yes how to logon in windows 10 (home version 64-bits) with a smartcard? Open Source software? Microsoft build-in? I already installed the drivers for the smartcard reader and the middleware. I have a Belgian Eid card and I can connect to sites which...