Windows 10: Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

Discus and support Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365. The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty. Should they be there... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abredt, Mar 30, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365.
    The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty.

Should they be there too?
    cb

:)

abredt, Mar 30, 2017

2. Importing wab. file into WLM using Win 10

I exported the address book from Outlook Express (Vista) to an empty thumb drive. I then opened the folder in the thumb drive, it showed all of the contacts. I then installed the the thumb drive into a new HP laptop running Windows 10. I then tried
    to import into Windows Live Mail using the import button. I found the file, but informed the file (folder) was empty. Now what?

Dean E Erickson, Mar 30, 2017
  3. people app not working in windows 10 mobile

I think I just found a solution!

I went online to Outlook. I went to People and found three folders: Contacts (empty), Skype and Other Contacts with a subfolder called Contacts where all my contacts were. I exported just that folder and went to the main folder and imported the contact file.
    I then deleted the extra folders. Now my contacts are synching on both W10 phone and W10 computer.

Mr. John85, Mar 30, 2017
  4. abredt Win User

OOPS - accidentally marked as solved. Please help.
    cb

abredt, Apr 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing - Similar Threads - Contacts Folder Empty

2. importation contact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  3. importation contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  4. Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook: After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is blank for 99 percent of the entries.Not sure which extension I used. Does that matter?Is this a random failure, and just try...
  5. Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook: After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is blank for 99 percent of the entries.Not sure which extension I used. Does that matter?Is this a random failure, and just try...
  6. Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty": Location of Contacts in windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-contacts-if-the-contacts-folder-says/aa26fba9-c401-4de7-9d87-4047fcd82aad
  7. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  8. Contact import

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact import: Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-import/a3299a42-38e5-4d53-ab18-d896397392fc"
  9. Contact list import

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contact list import: how do you import a contact list into mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/contact-list-import/361eb2be-1cf8-48c8-aa5a-12fb814a1396
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows contacts folder is empty

2. contacts folder is empty