Windows 10: Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

Discus and support Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365. The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty. Should they be there... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abredt, Mar 30, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365.
    The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty.

Should they be there too?
    cb

:)

abredt, Mar 30, 2017

2. Importing wab. file into WLM using Win 10

I exported the address book from Outlook Express (Vista) to an empty thumb drive. I then opened the folder in the thumb drive, it showed all of the contacts. I then installed the the thumb drive into a new HP laptop running Windows 10. I then tried
    to import into Windows Live Mail using the import button. I found the file, but informed the file (folder) was empty. Now what?

Dean E Erickson, Mar 30, 2017
  3. people app not working in windows 10 mobile

I think I just found a solution!

I went online to Outlook. I went to People and found three folders: Contacts (empty), Skype and Other Contacts with a subfolder called Contacts where all my contacts were. I exported just that folder and went to the main folder and imported the contact file.
    I then deleted the extra folders. Now my contacts are synching on both W10 phone and W10 computer.

Mr. John85, Mar 30, 2017
  4. abredt Win User

OOPS - accidentally marked as solved. Please help.
    cb

abredt, Apr 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing - Similar Threads - Contacts Folder Empty

2. Import contacts to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  3. Contact import

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact import: Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-import/a3299a42-38e5-4d53-ab18-d896397392fc"
  4. This folder is empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...
  5. Contact list import

Contact list import: how do you import a contact list into mail? *****Moved from Windows 10 / Install & upgrade***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/contact-list-import/361eb2be-1cf8-48c8-aa5a-12fb814a1396
  6. Contact list import

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contact list import: how do you import a contact list into mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/contact-list-import/361eb2be-1cf8-48c8-aa5a-12fb814a1396
  7. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  8. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249
  9. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Folders: Hello, While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\ How about deleting them ? Thanks 72628
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows contacts folder is empty

2. contacts folder is empty