Windows 10: Contacts in Outlook

Discus and support Contacts in Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 60683 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enigma1944, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Contacts in Outlook

I don't know why but all of my contacts have disappeared. Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

enigma1944, Aug 17, 2016
  2. Sara DT Win User

Contacts in Lumia 950 missing, outlook contacts export gives an empty file

In my Outlook account all my contacts have for some reason been shifted to a new folder called "Other contacts" and the main Contact folder is empty. The thing is that if I add a new contact in the main folder it syncs with my phone, while although I can
    see all of my contacts in the other folder I cannot move them or export them or sync them. Syncing my contacts with Gmail also transfers just the ones that are in the main folder.

Sara DT, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Sara DT Win User
    Contacts in Lumia 950 missing, outlook contacts export gives an empty file

Today I noticed all of my contacts in People app on Lumia 950 are missing. All the text messages are still there. All the contacts are still available in web Outlook. I tried syncing them again but it doesn't work. Did a soft reset, but the issue persisted.

I tried exporting contacts from Outlook so I could import them to Gmail and sync them from there, but the export file only has the header and no contact names or phone numbers.

I was thinking about hard reset, but this seems to be an Outlook problem, so I'm guessing that's not gonna fix the issue. Any suggestions before I try?

***Moved from Outlook.com / People and contacts / Adding and managing contacts and groups***

Sara DT, Aug 17, 2016
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Contacts in Outlook

Which Outlook: Outlook 2016 or previous, Outlook in Office 365, Outlook.com, Outlook Express? Big impact on the recommendation.

gpstoloff, Aug 17, 2016
  5. bfunke Win User
    Pop mails, contacts, notes and calendars are all kept in .pst files. IMAP settings are stored in .ost file. Depending on your version and setup, these might be in different locations. If you can find your old pst you might be able to import to your current folders. When going between versions exporting and importing to a comma separated file seems to work well. When I upgraded to win10 I also bought Office 16. I have the programs on the SSD and keep my pst files and ost files on my HDD along with document, drivers, and some notes how I did it. Since my machine has an e-SATA connector, I back up the HDD monthly and store that elsewhere. Makes it easy to do a clean install and restore my machine. Remember clean SSD installs should be without any other drives or devices attached.

bfunke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Contacts in Outlook

1. Contacts in Outlook - Similar Threads - Contacts Outlook

2. I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc: I keep getting a pop-up on my pc that says my calendar and contacts are not set up. The pop-up is constantly coming up and it prevents me from getting anything done. It is an entire screen that says, Icloud photos>on; Icloud drive>on; passwords and keychain>on; bookmarks>on;...
  3. I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t get my contacts from outlook to sync to my pc: I keep getting a pop-up on my pc that says my calendar and contacts are not set up. The pop-up is constantly coming up and it prevents me from getting anything done. It is an entire screen that says, Icloud photos>on; Icloud drive>on; passwords and keychain>on; bookmarks>on;...
  4. the try the new outlook toggle doesn't work and my contacts in people are gone after last...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the try the new outlook toggle doesn't work and my contacts in people are gone after last...: Latest updates from Microsoft have disabled "people" and the toggle switch for the change to Outlook instantly resets itself after I move it. Has anyone else had this issue? How do I get my contacts back? If I'm sending an e-mail and begin entering a name, it autofils fine,...
  5. the try the new outlook toggle doesn't work and my contacts in people are gone after last...

the try the new outlook toggle doesn't work and my contacts in people are gone after last...: Latest updates from Microsoft have disabled "people" and the toggle switch for the change to Outlook instantly resets itself after I move it. Has anyone else had this issue? How do I get my contacts back? If I'm sending an e-mail and begin entering a name, it autofils fine,...
  6. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  7. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  8. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...: New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to use gmail but will do if necessary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-outlook-is-slow-and-i-have-lost-some-contacts/80bb1e00-c728-43af-8cac-201c15bf5f6e
  9. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...: New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to use gmail but will do if necessary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-outlook-is-slow-and-i-have-lost-some-contacts/80bb1e00-c728-43af-8cac-201c15bf5f6e
  10. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging