Windows 10: Contacts in Skype

Discus and support Contacts in Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed Skype on W10, and it's automatically given me a whole bunch of contacts that I've never heard of. I can't delete them from Skype,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trevtoo, May 14, 2016.

1. trevtoo Win User

Contacts in Skype

Hi, I just installed Skype on W10, and it's automatically given me a whole bunch of contacts that I've never heard of. I can't delete them from Skype, so where are they? I don't have any contacts in Outlook, and they aren't in my Gmail either.
    Where are they, and how do I get rid of them?
    I un-installed the default W10 Skype, and installed the downloaded generic version, but they are still there.
    Any help please, or is this another instance of Microsoft saying "There, there, don't worry. We know what's good for you and your computer."
    Trev

:)

trevtoo, May 14, 2016

2. Lumia 920 - Problems that should not be

Sorry but maybe my description was not clear. The problem is that the new skype contacts are the old messenseger contacts. So Skype contacts appear in the contact list as skype contacts and you can make a cal, but new skype contacts are only recognized
    as Messenger contacts and you can only make a skype cal to them if you open the skype app

aGinjas---01, May 14, 2016
  3. swanny78 Win User
    Skype Preview Windows 8 Issues and Bugs

Ill start us off. I have merged my Skype and MS account together as is the option when you install Skype preview. Now I have a strange bug\feature on some contacts but not all. When I select to Skype a contact from my people hub it loads Skype but in
    messaging mode, I have to back up and reselect the contact in Skype app to start a phone conversation. It seems to be contacts that have both MSN and Skype accounts , and Skype auto selects the MSN contact and not the Skype one.

swanny78, May 14, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Contacts in Skype

In the desktop version of Skype when you click on the unknown contact once you should get the option to add to contacts or block.
    Select Block and then select mark as spam.
    They will then be placed here:

Contacts in Skype [​IMG]

and you won't get any notifications from them any more.
    You might get new ones once in awhile, but it will peter off after some time, when you keep reporting as spam.
    I have the suspicion it's Bots phishing, working like an auto-dialer with telephones, trying to find a good/legit "number", then the spamming really starts.

Cliff S, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Contacts in Skype

1. Contacts in Skype - Similar Threads - Contacts Skype

2. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  3. Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Skype disappeared from pinned contacts on Taskbar: For years, since the feature launched, I have pinned frequent contacts to my Taskbar from the Taskbar People button for instant access to them via Skype. Sometime in the past few days, Skype disappeared from the list of apps in the People taskbar app see image below. Skype is...
  4. Skype Contacts: Cannot Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Contacts: Cannot Download: Is it me, Skype, or a W10 issue? I have tried every which way from Sunday to download my contacts, with the idea of cleaning out all that are no longer necessary, then reloading those that remain. No stated approach seems to make this possible. This proved a...
  5. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  6. win10 skype contacts impossible to remove

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 skype contacts impossible to remove: it's not because they are in my windows contact list. It's the same for every contact including randsom people who only ever added me on skype. I push remove contacts they are still there. Even if I block them it shows them on contact list but with a block icon. How can I...
  7. Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 adds Contact Online Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 adds Contact Online Notifications: Skype Insider Preview // Contact is Online Notifications Available on all platforms Version: 8.43.76.38 Good News! We have brought back online notifications! Now, when your contact comes online you will see a notification. You can opt in, or out, of the notification by...
  8. someone has been deleting my messages from my Skype chats with my other contacts for 3...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone has been deleting my messages from my Skype chats with my other contacts for 3...: Dear Sir/Madam, I have posted this request before, but the problem has not been resolved yet - sorry for the repetition. For the past 3 months someone has been systematically erasing a particular Russian language message that I am posting (and, then re-posting) in my Skype...
  9. comment importer mes contacts sur skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    comment importer mes contacts sur skype: je ne sais pas comment faire pour importer mes contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comment-importer-mes-contacts-sur-skype/7133bdbc-8f3e-47a6-b06d-91e71b342ea7"
  10. Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype number call-in incoming call from telephone audio/visual notification for contact...: I just acquired a new Windows 10 and laptop and signed in to the Skype service that is integrated into the Windows 10 OS. I have had a Skype-in number (USA) for more than a decade and always maintain high balance of Skype Credit in my account. I had been using Skype on an...