Windows 10: Contacts replacing user profile

Discus and support Contacts replacing user profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I wanted to move some user folders that I don't use (favorites, contacts, links, ect..) into a dummy folder. Well, stupid me somehow made the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by userX01, Oct 18, 2015.

1. userX01 Win User

Contacts replacing user profile

So I wanted to move some user folders that I don't use (favorites, contacts, links, ect..) into a dummy folder. Well, stupid me somehow made the contacts folder replace my user profile, so the location, instead of being C:\Users\User\Contacts, it's now C:\Users\User. Tried to restore default location, but it gave me invalid folder path, so I made another user folder with the same name as the account, gave me access denied. What my users folder looks like:
    https://i.imgur.com/op8ZGvK.jpg,https://i.imgur.com/whVdTPq.jpg
    Is there a way to fix this?
    edit: it has all my user items in it, mind you. Here's more screens: https://i.imgur.com/nV9BlRu.jpg, https://i.imgur.com/vDVl07w.jpg

:)

userX01, Oct 18, 2015
  2. tomblue78 Win User

Windows 10 Pro (1703): Unable to create new user accounts

Thanks for your reply, qhdevon43_ .

There was no user profile / registry key to delete: I tried to create a new user and Windows failed to create the users profile upon first login attempt.

Once I replaced the "Default" profile with a copy from another machine, I was able to login as that new user just fine.

Somehow the "Default" profile got corrupted on two of my systems, but I was able to fix it by replacing
    c:\Users\Default .

tomblue78, Oct 18, 2015
  3. In ovi software where the contacts file saved

On XP the messages are in (note that folders are Hidden)

Documents and Settings - <profile name> - Local Settings - Application data - Nokia - Nokia Suite - Messages - Database

And Contacts are in

Documents and Settings - <profile name> - Local Settings - Application data - Nokia - Nokia Data Store

There are also other metadata than contacts on the same database (e.g.. playlists)

On Win 7 the places are

Users - <profilename> - AppData - Local - Nokia - Nokia Data Store

Users - <profilename> - AppData - Local - Nokia - Nokia Suite - Messages- Database.

You can replace the files from one OS to another, but if you have already transferred messages and contacts on you Win7 (or done any changes to contacts, playlists etc) then after file replace you have to do it again.

hunchback---01, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

Contacts replacing user profile

1. Contacts replacing user profile - Similar Threads - Contacts replacing user

2. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...
  3. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...
  4. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements: Replacing peoples PC's it's a real pain making sure we get everything over. We're currently moving PPLs personal folders over to OneDrive and it will be great I'm sure, although it's a real pain getting Redirected/Offline folder data back onto the PCs and then onto OneDrive....
  6. User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements: Replacing peoples PC's it's a real pain making sure we get everything over. We're currently moving PPLs personal folders over to OneDrive and it will be great I'm sure, although it's a real pain getting Redirected/Offline folder data back onto the PCs and then onto OneDrive....
  7. User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr. 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  9. Multi PC replacement scenario - user data and user profile migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi PC replacement scenario - user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  10. Replacing/updating user profile with older/backup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Replacing/updating user profile with older/backup: I've gone through hell the last 2 weeks , unlike with the last iterations of windose I could grab all the folders in a profile and drag and drop it into the profile to be updated with the old information,ect. If I am understanding the info I have read win10 uses a live...