Windows 10: Contana and Action Center freezing up on occasion

Discus and support Contana and Action Center freezing up on occasion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone else experience Contana and the Action Center freezing up and becoming unusable? Love both of the features but when then are frozen or halted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcman50, Aug 12, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

Contana and Action Center freezing up on occasion

Anyone else experience Contana and the Action Center freezing up and becoming unusable?

Love both of the features but when then are frozen or halted I have to restart my computer to get them up and running again, it's about the only problem I have encountered with windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

TC

:)

tcman50, Aug 12, 2015

2. critical error message start menu and cortana are not working. we will try to fix this the next time you log in

my start menu, contana and action center are not working, no error message.

my start menu if i right click comes up control panel options

minirocketman, Aug 12, 2015
  3. action center keeping popping up

Hi,

We need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your Action Center concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is there a particular message when the Action Center pops up?
    • Is the computer freezing when the Action Center pops up?

You can also try to update the touchpad driver on your computer.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Contana and Action Center freezing up on occasion

1. Contana and Action Center freezing up on occasion - Similar Threads - Contana Action Center

2. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: I have windows 10. When I click on the icon in the lower right corner for the action center nothing happens. If I try to open it nothing happens. If I reboot sometimes it will work for a few days and then stop or it won't work at all....
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  6. Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(: One of the more annoying bugs in Win 10 (which sits there since the beginning and still isn't fixed) is that occasionally the action center simply stops responding. Clicking on the icon or hitting Win-A then always turns into a No-Op. :-( I then always have to dig out Task...
  7. action center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    action center: what is action center on win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/ab0de665-0bdb-4c2a-90ae-e875c89ecd6e
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593