Windows 10: Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied

Discus and support Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows10Pro 1607 version. I have two hard disks on my Desktop PC. In the second HardDrive on Partition J - the total space is 199 GB and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied

I am running Windows10Pro 1607 version. I have two hard disks on my Desktop PC. In the second HardDrive on Partition J - the total space is 199 GB and unutilised space as 189 GB. But when I open this partition, there are no contents visible there. There are two hidden folders namely - 1 Recycle Bin and 2 System Volume Information. Recycle Bin's size is 100 MB and System Vol.Information size is 0. But the space occupied by this Drive(J) is 10GB, out of which only 100MB is occupied by Recycle Bin.
    I want to know what are the other contents that I cannot see there. How to view any other files if it really exists there. Before I format this drive, I want to make it sure that I am not deleting or formatting contents which are important to me. Please help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ashok K Bagaria

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Sep 27, 2016
  2. meeko427 Win User

C: drive full after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

after upgrading to windows 10 i performed a system restore to have a clean system. after the reboot my C: drive is almost full. i went to settings, system, storage, to see what was occupying space. i found that my "other" storage category is occupying
    399 GB but the contents of the folder only hold less than 1. can someone help me free this space from my C drive.

meeko427, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Cannot See Content on Windows Phone 8

I think the windows phone desktop app is broken Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied :(

For me it shows the space that is occupied on the phone like so much and so is for music, video and such. However, it does not show the actual contents. The Windows 8 (metro) app shows the contents. It's odd!

Jay_answers, Sep 27, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied

Can you post a picture of your disk management ?
    Folders $RECYCLE.BIN and System Volume Information are automatically created when disk/Partition are formatted by windows ever since W7 and maybe Vista.
    $RECYCLE.BIN can be eliminated or size allocated for it changed in bin properties:

Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied [​IMG]

CountMike, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied

1. Contents not visible from J Drive but shows space occupied - Similar Threads - Contents visible Drive

2. Uninstalled Windows Store Game (Prey) on C Drive and the space is still occupied

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Uninstalled Windows Store Game (Prey) on C Drive and the space is still occupied: Hello, I'm having an issue where i installed prey on my C Drive with Xbox game pass for PC and i didn't really enjoy it so i uninstalled it via the start menu and when i went to check my storage, the storage was still occupied, so i only had 2gb of free space on my C Drive,...
  3. Desktop occupies space in side by side and stacked mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop occupies space in side by side and stacked mode: IT didnt happened in windows 7 when I enable show windows side by side but in windows 10 desktop also occpies space. Screenshot is attaches with tjis question. Please solve my Problem. I dont want desktop to occupy space and make my documents use full screen[ATTACH]...
  4. Content won’t show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Content won’t show: I had bought a game in 2015 and they brought out a new version of the game which was free to previous owners of the originial and tried to redeem the code that they gave me but it said that the code was already redeemed and i checked the website and it said i claimed it back...
  5. C Drive showing more space occupied than it adds up to. How to resolve this issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C Drive showing more space occupied than it adds up to. How to resolve this issue?: C drive is showing more space used overnight. Drive went from around 120GB to 778GB used. I know it is wrong. How can I fix it? Tree Size Program says that the page file systems are containing 774.9 GB. How can this happen and what do I do?...
  6. D drive full contents won't show when

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D drive full contents won't show when: Hello MS Expert. John here. I have a Win 10 system with 2 copies of Win 10 Pro 64 installed each on a seperate HD. On one of the drives I have my music, sound software which I use to create & record music, which I call Music Recording. On the other I have all my office &...
  7. newly build pc - D drive shows space used but no contents.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    newly build pc - D drive shows space used but no contents.: I recently did a rebuild of this pc with windows 10 pro, i have multiple drives installed and i only install mostly games , game client apps and other apps that use. for some strange reason windows likes to write to another disk on Drive D:\ which is SSD , I use M2 drive for...
  8. newly build pc - D drive shows space used but no contents.

in Windows 10 Support
    newly build pc - D drive shows space used but no contents.: I recently did a rebuild of this pc with windows 10 pro, i have multiple drives installed and i only install mostly games , game client apps and other apps that use. for some strange reason windows likes to write to another disk on Drive D:\ which is SSD , I use M2 drive for...
  9. "Public" folders content visibility for other users?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Public" folders content visibility for other users?: In Windows 7 every user inherited content of "Public" user folders such as Images/Music/Video. Now I don't see "Public" content in my user folders anymore. What could be done to unlock this functionality? 25868
  10. "You are running out of disk space on local drive J:" - how to resolve

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "You are running out of disk space on local drive J:" - how to resolve: Running Windows 10, I recently started receiving this notification every few minutes: "You are running out of disk space on local drive J:" ... but when I click on it to free up space, it says I can free up 0 bytes. This is not my main hard drive, which has over 1 TB...