Windows 10: Contents of folders loading slow

Discus and support Contents of folders loading slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I did a Factory Image Restore, the contents of folders load slow or not at all. What can I do to resolve this? 106640 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steviebabs2685, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Contents of folders loading slow

Ever since I did a Factory Image Restore, the contents of folders load slow or not at all. What can I do to resolve this?

:)

Steviebabs2685, Mar 23, 2018

2. Problems with backup 6.81.13

Maybe you could try to make separate backups so that you backup first phone memory only and see how that goes and then memory card separately ?

Backup can be slow, particularly if you have loads of data, "deep" folder structures in your pmemory card, free content, paid content, music, files, videos, images the lot.

manta---01, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    What action did windows, when we open a folder

Hi,

The green color that moves till the end on the upper part of the screen only indicates that the contents of the folder are still loading. Once it reaches the end of the bar, it means that all the contents of the folder are loaded and ready to use/open.

If you have other concerns, let us know.

Anne Ros, Mar 23, 2018
Thema:

Contents of folders loading slow

1. Contents of folders loading slow - Similar Threads - Contents folders loading

2. Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files: Since moving to Windows 11, we're having issues with mapped drives and the time it takes to open files and folders. We never had the problem with Windows 10. Our settings have remained the same it's the OS that is different. Has anyone else had this issue?Any help would be...
  3. Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped drives slow loading of folders and files: Since moving to Windows 11, we're having issues with mapped drives and the time it takes to open files and folders. We never had the problem with Windows 10. Our settings have remained the same it's the OS that is different. Has anyone else had this issue?Any help would be...
  4. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  5. Slow folder load time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow folder load time: Is there any way to speed up folder load times? I have more than 250 items in the folder and they takes a while to arrange themselves (by date). Anyway to speed this up? G4560, 8GB 166128
  6. Windows Folders loading very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  7. Slow loading folders

Slow loading folders: I started experiencing slow folder loading, up to 10+ seconds, some time ago, perhaps a month or two. Maybe after a windows update. I can't remember for sure, but no system changes were made around that time except for those made by WU. A good example where there is no good...
  8. Microsoft Edge not loading content

Microsoft Edge not loading content: When I try use this search engine, I try to access Turnitin through my University of Melbourne home page, it does not load the link, the page, nothing at all, however, when I use Google chrome on a different laptop (one that allows me to use chrome) it loads perfectly. Why is...
  9. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  10. Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date

Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date: I am a photographer and needless to say have thousands of photos on my computer. However, I've noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 that a folder with only 5 jpeg's can take 10 seconds to load (with the green process bar) if I sort by date. Seems to be fine with file name...