Windows 10: context menu border size to width

Discus and support context menu border size to width in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to adjust the context menu border size? What is the default size? My border is too wide i think. [img] 45598 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dendirk, Mar 28, 2016.

1. dendirk Win User

context menu border size to width

Hi,

Is there a way to adjust the context menu border size? What is the default size?

My border is too wide i think.

context menu border size to width [​IMG]

:)

dendirk, Mar 28, 2016

2. Context Menu Width.

My context menu (the thing that pops up when you right click something) is so thing that I can't see anything on it. I have a Lenovo YOGA 720 and it's great but ever since the last update small things have been annoying me a lot. I don't know how to increase
    the width and if someone knows how to help please do.

Michael Guhin, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Context Menu Width.

Hi Michael,

We understand your concern and we want to provide better customer experience. Let our developers know about your suggestion to increase the width of the context menu.

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s
    causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and YouTube video.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>)

Regards.

Ar Rom, Mar 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Long ago in the wonderful days of Windows 7 adjustments of that sort were available. No more, alas.

Should be 1 pixel, I think.

dalchina, Mar 28, 2016
  5. wzor Win User
    You seem to be using a 3th party theme. I could be wrong though. If you are, Would you mind sharing the files? I could look into it and modify it to be at 1 pixel, like the default theme.

6. dendirk Win User
    Thanks but its not the theme, because when i take the default w10 theme it stays the same, just like every other theme.

dendirk, Mar 29, 2016
  7. dendirk Win User
    Where can i modify the theme?

dendirk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. context menu border size to width - Similar Threads - context menu border

2. why is context menu size increasing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is context menu size increasing?: i don't like a wide context Context Menu which takes most of the screen & obstruction to see back content.Context Menu should be narrow or thinner or smaller in Win 11 as shown in first time usage.And should also remove or hide open in terminal in context menu, direct or...
  3. why is context menu size increasing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is context menu size increasing?: i don't like a wide context Context Menu which takes most of the screen & obstruction to see back content.Context Menu should be narrow or thinner or smaller in Win 11 as shown in first time usage.And should also remove or hide open in terminal in context menu, direct or...
  4. The size of the background of the icon is very width

The size of the background of the icon is very width: After the last update, the size of the icons background is very wide and I can't change it back to the default size. How can I change it back?...
  5. my left click context menu was wider but now it is smaller in width

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my left click context menu was wider but now it is smaller in width: my left click context menu was wider but somehow it becomes like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-click-context-menu-was-wider-but-now-it-is/7f74306f-cf3c-4049-9707-9d54d027241b
  6. my left click context menu was wider but now it is smaller in width

my left click context menu was wider but now it is smaller in width: my left click context menu was wider but somehow it becomes like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-click-context-menu-was-wider-but-now-it-is/7f74306f-cf3c-4049-9707-9d54d027241b
  7. Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border: I am currently facing an issue that includes a thick white/black depending on the theme border around right click context menu. I have been facing the same issue in windows 10 in the past and it seems to have been unaltered in Windows 11. So far I have tried uninstalling...
  8. Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border

Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border: I am currently facing an issue that includes a thick white/black depending on the theme border around right click context menu. I have been facing the same issue in windows 10 in the past and it seems to have been unaltered in Windows 11. So far I have tried uninstalling...
  9. Trying to increase border width and regedit not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to increase border width and regedit not working: Hi all, I am a brand new user of W10. I am trying really hard to get used to it, but not doing well and getting really frustrated. Right now I am trying to increase the size of the borders of the windows and have followed several sets of directions telling me to go to...
  10. Windows Metrics - Padded Border Width issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Metrics - Padded Border Width issue: Hi! I already set 'Border Width = 0' and 'Padded Border Width = 0' but there are still gaps. Before I posted I already spent a lot of time to solve this issue, looks like can't do this by myself. Any help would be awesome! https://i.snipboard.io/HR7fv2.jpg submitted by...