Windows 10: Context menu issues (tried shellex/shellmenuview) no bueno

Discus and support Context menu issues (tried shellex/shellmenuview) no bueno in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I feel like im harassing the community here nonstop for the last few days. Apologies. Trying to finish up so i can actually you know... enjoy the pc!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, May 27, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Context menu issues (tried shellex/shellmenuview) no bueno

I feel like im harassing the community here nonstop for the last few days. Apologies. Trying to finish up so i can actually you know... enjoy the pc!

With the preface out of the way, I have a few last things to nitpick in the context menu.

iCloud seems to add a "add to a shared album" menu option which ill never use/dont want.

dropbox seems to add everything under the sun. Like 5 items. 3 of which I dont want. "copy dropbox link, view history, view comments"

Anyone with more expertise than I care to chime in?

thank you team *Smile

:)

klepp0906, May 27, 2017

2. Explorer crashes with right click->New context menu

Right click-> New context menu causes explorer to crash. I have already check ALL third party shell extensions and such using ShellEx and the msconfig.

CalebClever, May 27, 2017
  3. Problems with Windows Explorer and Excel

Two things are likely causing this.

- Your display driver needs to be reinstalled or updated.

- You have a third party right click menu extension thats buggy.

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Properties

Click Driver tab

Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

Use ShellEx to find and remove any third party menu extensions:

ShellMenuView - Disable/enable context menu items of ... - NirSoft

www.nirsoft.net/utils/shell_menu_view.html

Andre Da Costa, May 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Try the context menu editor provided in Glary Utilities if those two miss things. Sometimes it lists items Shellexview doesn't pick up.

Failing that there's the venerable ContextEdit (free).

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  5. klepp0906 Win User
    Havent came across either. Gladly add them to my kit though. Thank you *Smile.

klepp0906, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Context menu issues (tried shellex/shellmenuview) no bueno - Similar Threads - Context menu issues

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  4. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  6. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  7. How can I edit a shellex label on context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I edit a shellex label on context menu?: I'd like to change the text of a context menu: [img] I know also the exact ShellEx that added it including its CLSID... Is there a way to change those labels or are them hard-coded somewhere in the ShellEx dll itself? Already tried a bunch of apps to edit shell extensions...
  8. Nividia Context Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nividia Context Menu Issue: I am running Windows 10 1809 with latest updates installed with latest Nividia drivers 418 version on a Dell G3 now my issue is the following : As attached when i click on the option to "Change default graphics processor" nothing happens it does not open nividia control...
  9. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  10. Issues with Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Context Menu: Hello, I've recently started experiencing an issue with my context menu. It hasn't gone away completely in file explorer, but numerous options have disappeared from it including copy and paste, so I haven't been able to copy files all morning. In addition to that I can't...