Windows 10: context menu 'open' video

Discus and support context menu 'open' video in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sea skimmer, May 27, 2018.

1. context menu 'open' video

When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens in another program. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this 'open' value would be. I have found 'open with' but that's not what i was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

:)

sea skimmer, May 27, 2018

2. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., May 27, 2018
  3. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Ignoring the fact that my "issue" was bloody self-explanatory.

1. I am not able to open ANY properties for ANY particular file or folder. Give me a step by step fix, please.

2. No, I did NOT get any error messages. Yet, my properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

3. No, I did NOT make any recent changes before the issue started.
    Give me a step by step fix, please.

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., May 27, 2018
Thema:

context menu 'open' video

1. context menu 'open' video - Similar Threads - context menu 'open'

2. W10 Open with context menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Open with context menu problem: Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit. This took about 20 minutes, it removed all the 3rd party apps, and the pc is functioning fine, however, I soon found out that there is a...
  3. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...
  4. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  5. No context menu HD video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No context menu HD video files: I have many video files some are High Definition Movies. When I right click on the larger (HD) files the action to show the context menu begins but then it just churns away for as long as i care to wait but the context menu will not appear. If I click again most times it...
  6. Open Notepad as Administrator with Context Menu?

Open Notepad as Administrator with Context Menu?: I'm often having to edit batch files in my C: drive or my windows hosts files and forever running into access permissions issues. I've seen a few posts showing how you can make a registry style hack to add a right-click option to open a file as notepad as admin, but none...
  7. open with notepad context menu

open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...
  8. Transcode video from Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transcode video from Explorer context menu?: Is there an app available somewhere to transcode video from the Explorer context menu? I could do with one as much to avoid breaking my concentration by being distracted by opening and configuring another app when I am trying to work on something else, as to save time....
  9. "Open with" context menu not enabled or dimmed

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open with" context menu not enabled or dimmed: I can not access the "open with" menu..it's dimmed or not enabled in all the files.. even though i can open the files with any application if i tried the menu at the top in the ribbon i have tried removing it from the registry and add it back again but that didn't fix it...
  10. "Open With" context Menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load: Hi all, so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the...