Windows 10: Context menu takes a long time to appear

Discus and support Context menu takes a long time to appear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently I just found this weird thing where Context menu would take a while maybe around 5-10 seconds to load but this would only happen if I right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiroee, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Shiroee Win User

Context menu takes a long time to appear

So recently I just found this weird thing where Context menu would take a while maybe around 5-10 seconds to load but this would only happen if I right click one of the nvidia driver installation files it doesn't do this with any other file and I think this happened because i DDU'd my nvidia driver but I'm not sure has anyone else experienced this?
    I am on windows 10 creators update

:)

Shiroee, Sep 1, 2017

2. Login box takes a long time to appear - Win 10

Someone in another thread mentioned that they narrowed it down to a service called 'DeviceAssociationService.' Though where they said enabling it fixed the problem, mine was already enabled. I disabled it and tried rebooting and it worked fine.

Who knows if it will work in the future, but for now it might have worked.

To get to it: hit start and look for services. Then in the services dialogue, just look for DeviceAssociationService, hit properties, and set it to 'disabled.'

HOWEVER: My mouse is still completely broken in that regard which I mentioned in the original post. Any help is appreciated

JoeyBurnash, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Login box takes a long time to appear - Win 10

When turning on my computer- every time since as long as I can remember (though I don't think this happened when I first got it) - the text box that I enter my computer password into to login - takes an enormous amount of time to appear.

Like- it will turn on just fine, the Login screen appears, and everything except for the text box itself appears.

It doesn't just take a long time either. It just plain doesn't show up unless I spam keyboard buttons. Eventually it just kind of seems to decide to respond and the text box appears and works fine. It's really strange.

Also, this may or may not be related, but as of late (possibly started around the same time), my mouse acts very strange on startup. Until a minute or two after I'm already logged in, it just doesn't work right. Usually it just moves incredibly
    slow and clicking only sometimes works. The last few times I turned on my computer, it instead decided to only move up or down (not left or right) until it was fully logged in and booted. It's as if the mouse drivers aren't loading unless I've fully logged
    on or something.

These two issues might not be related, but a solution to either one would be fantastic

JoeyBurnash, Sep 1, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

The usual reason for a context menu to be slow in appearing is because of an incompatible or badly written extension.

Try disabling extensions until you've identified the cause using
    Shellexview (make sure you hide all MS extensions and do not disable them)
    Shellmenuview
    and if still no joy and duly cautious
    Autoruns

(all free, no need to log off)

Perhaps only Autoruns lists all extensions, but may appear technically challenging.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Context menu takes a long time to appear - Similar Threads - Context menu takes

2. windows 11 Right click context menu takes long time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Right click context menu takes long time to load: I don't know what's causing the problem, I've tried everything I uninstalled some programs and deactivated all external add-ons using shexview-x64 The problem has not been solved yet Is there any way to find out the cause of the problem?i recorded the problem...
  3. windows 11 Right click context menu takes long time to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 Right click context menu takes long time to load: I don't know what's causing the problem, I've tried everything I uninstalled some programs and deactivated all external add-ons using shexview-x64 The problem has not been solved yet Is there any way to find out the cause of the problem?i recorded the problem...
  4. The context menu of shortcut takes too long to load on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    The context menu of shortcut takes too long to load on the desktop: On the desktop, when I right-click any shortcut icons, it can take from 3 seconds to a minute to load the context menu. That's too long. In the folder, my right-click is responded right-way. Why can't the desktop work in the same way?...
  5. Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10

Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10: Hello, I'm facing a problem regarding my laptop's right click menu. It takes a long time for the menu to appear when i use my right click about 30-60 seconds. It is very frustrating as it makes the cursor unable to use on the desktop while it is loading. I...
  6. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  7. Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu

Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu: In the past, I had issues with the right click menus which would crash my file explorer. By searching around on the internet, I eventually downloaded ShellExView and disabled some extensions, including extensions involved with the Context Menu. I didn't realize that I...
  8. Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click.: I have a Win 10 system. I am on automatic updates as well. Over the past several months, my MS Office apps, and other apps like CorelDraw and ChemSketch, I have had significant "hanging". For instance, when I go to save a file, I click on Save, and it takes up to a few...
  9. Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up: Hello everyone, I have a strange problem where my PC would idle and take a long time for the Contextual Menu to show up when I Right Click on a blank space on the Desktop. It literally take about 10 - 15 seconds for the Menu to show up. After that it is fast again. Then...
  10. Force Context Menu Appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Force Context Menu Appearing: Hello! I have this bug on my windows: [img] When I Right+Click on the start orb to open the win+x menu, sometimes the context menu appears at the top, just like the image above. Is there anyway to force the context menu appearing at exact position? Thanks 52355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. context menu takes long time to show