Windows 10: Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

Discus and support Context Menus - (Inconsistencies) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or,
    have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere,

here's a quick Registry modification to fix that.

If you are comfortable modifying the Windows Registry, fine, but I always stress to create a Restore Point before doing so.

Open the Windows Registry and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures

Context Menus - (Inconsistencies) [​IMG]

In the right pane of 'FlightedFeatures', create a New►DWORD (32-bit) Value,
    name it ImmersiveContextMenu,
    give it a data value of 0 and click OK.

Close the Registry Editor, restart Explorer or Logoff and back on or Restart.

That's it!

Before:

After:

Thanks to 'VG' and his team for sharing this tweak.

:)

Edwin, Jan 22, 2016
  2. playerm11 Win User

File explorer not displaying complete path for certain folders on Windows 10.

Any resolution on this issue? Last time I checked, the text box that is being referred to is still designated by Microsoft as "address" with context menu options such as "copy address", "edit address", etc. The resulting copied text "Downloads" is
    NOT an address.

Please fix this inconsistent behavior or hide context menu selections when file explorer decides to only display a useless label.

playerm11, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 context menu keyboard shortcut not what it should be in File Explorer

I recently bought Windows 10 Pro. When I right-click (or press a context menu button), and the context menu pops up, I'm getting inconsistent keyboard shortcuts. If I click in a blank space (i.e. the current folder), the shortcut to access "Properties" is
    'R'. But if I click on a folder- or file-icon, and I press 'R', Windows beeps at me as if the shortcut is invalid. When I use the keyboard to open the menu, it shows me that the shortcut for Properties is 'O'.

This is not only inconsistent, but different to all previous versions of Windows that I've ever used. I thought that perhaps I'd installed something that'd messed with the Windows shell (but I'd only installed ESET's antivirus/firewall and the computer's
    drivers). I reset my PC, but I'm still getting the inconsistent shortcuts.

I have a laptop that was updated to Windows 10 SL that works correctly, so it seems like it's a problem with my new PC's installation.

Can you tell me what might have caused it? Or how to change the shortcut key for "Properties"?

elyaradine, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Hopachi Win User

Nice one!
    Thank you Edwin, thank you VG.

It makes it more solid-looking as well.

Hopachi, Jan 24, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Exactly, bold text, in context menus, won't adhere unless you apply this tweak.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies) - Similar Threads - Context Menus Inconsistencies

2. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  3. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  4. Windows 11 Context menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Context menus: The actions one can take for an item file, folder, etc. show up in different ways:Across the topAcross the bottomIn a context menu I think "context menu" is the right term.others?This is a bit confusing -- not that one can't quickly figure out where to look, but that one...
  5. Windows 11 Context menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Context menus: The actions one can take for an item file, folder, etc. show up in different ways:Across the topAcross the bottomIn a context menu I think "context menu" is the right term.others?This is a bit confusing -- not that one can't quickly figure out where to look, but that one...
  6. Optical Devices context menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Devices context menus: Simple question. My Optical disk reader shows up as Drive D on my PC and if I accidently click on it, it OPENS. If I right-click on it, there is an item that allows me to EJECT it. Is it possible to ADD Microsoft or 3rd party an item to CLOSE the tray. Just a thought....
  7. Edit or an editor for the context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit or an editor for the context menus: My context menu is a mess. Items that I never use, or apps added themselves but not wanted, and vice versa. Older apps that offer setting to be listed, no longer work function in W10 1909. I am trying to add them manually and remove those which I don't want. e.g: I have...
  8. Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!: So I wake up my computer yesterday morning after the weekend. Outlook is open, after checking I minimize and see all my desktop icons are gone except for the recycle bin. I right click on the lower left Windows icon and nothing. If I click Send To on a file in explorer...
  9. Inconsistent Shell Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Inconsistent Shell Context Menu: I noticed something peculiar this morning. The Explorer right-click context menu is inconsistent on what it displays. For example, when I right-clicked on one folder, it displays the "Add to Windows Media Player List" and "Play with Windows Media Player" options. [img]...
  10. Context menus opening to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menus opening to the left: .... instead of to the right, like they're SUPPOSED to. [img] 72316