Windows 10: Contextual click issues

Discus and support Contextual click issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up. Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystery250, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Contextual click issues

Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up.

Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help.

Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get out. It makes doing image editing for photography quite difficult...

:)

mystery250, Jan 18, 2017
  2. JS72 Win User

how to increase icons in taskbar in Windows 10?

How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10

• Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View from the contextual menu.
    • Select either Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. ...
    • Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select Display settings from the contextual menu.

Try that ... hope this helps Contextual click issues :)

3. cannot right click at desktop

Same issue with me on Build 10547, however with the trick of

1.) Click on your desktop

2.) Press Shift + F10 to bring the contextual menu, then you can restore your desktop icon from there

PongpatRattanatawornkiti, Jan 18, 2017
  4. Contextual click issues

This is pretty much what I've tried:

Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

• This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    • From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.
    • On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
    • Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    • CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
    • Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

mystery250, Jan 18, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    lol Brink, I think you might've accidentally edited his second post stating your resolution suggestion to mystery250. I read the whole thing wondering why mystery250 stated his problem and what he suggests for himself to do to resolve the problem... then I saw at the bottom of the second post: Last edited by Brink

pepanee, Jan 19, 2017
  6. I copy pasted that myself - that's the advice I followed from another thread a while back, that didn't help any.

I haven't the slightest what Brink did, except to perhaps bold a few words of what I'd already posted. *Smile

Any other suggestions to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated - as it's quite frustrating as I have to move a lot of files around and do a lot of copy/pasting for my photography hobby. *Smile

Thanks! *Smile

mystery250, Jan 19, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Oh haha, okay that makes sense now. The "Last edited by Brink" confused me haha.
    What I can see is that the context menu's horizontal size got shrunk. I don't know what could cause that.

pepanee, Jan 19, 2017
  8. Contextual click issues

Sometimes, just the first couple options show up, not the rest. Sometimes, they show up, but others won't to the right when I select it. It's kinda random. I'll try to post more screenshots.

mystery250, Jan 19, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    Yes please. Try to post pictures of whenever the first couple of options show up. I can see what you mean by that, and see what it looks like, and try to figure out what's going on.

But also try this. It's Windows' attempt to fix itself:

• Right-click the Windows logo Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter: sfc /scannow

pepanee, Jan 19, 2017
  10. Doing that now, Pepanee. Here's a screenshot of just one option showing.

mystery250, Jan 19, 2017
  11. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

mystery250, Jan 19, 2017
  12. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Jan 19, 2017
  13. Contextual click issues

Yep. I googled the issue first to no resolution, so I finally came here. None of that helped.

mystery250, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Contextual click issues

1. Contextual click issues - Similar Threads - Contextual click issues

2. New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel

in Windows 10 News
    New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel: Accessibility is about making our products accessible and inclusive to everyone, including the 1 billion+ people with disabilities around the world. It is a core Excel and Microsoft priority, and an area where we continuously strive to improve. For more information about...
  3. Avalanche of contextual popups

in Windows 10 Support
    Avalanche of contextual popups: Hello all, I am inundated with contextual pops ups to the point pc practically useless. I hv tried everything found surfing incl resets (factory & keeping files) to eliminate them but to no avail. Malwarebytes shows pc to be malware/virus free. Any suggestions most welcome....
  4. Floating windows cause misplaced contextual menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Floating windows cause misplaced contextual menus: I program with two screens. There is something unhappily mismatched about the sizing of my two screens, and it makes a mess in the following way: if any floating window is open, it pins the scaling of everything to the screen that the floating window is on. Contextual menus...
  5. Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...

in Cortana
    Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...: Hello! When I'm opening the start menu after a fresh startup, my left click works properly but opens the contextual menu. However, if I open the search bar, I get completely locked out of the start menu (I can still alt+TAB out of it) because of the contextual menu on top of...
  6. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  7. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  8. Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons: I recently purchased a Surface Pro (2017) and have been enjoying it as my portal and more tablet like system. (( I use a high end rig as my primary)). Recently, I noticed that my contextual menus seem fine on most things, but when clicking on a desktop item (like trying to...
  9. Contextual sensing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Contextual sensing in Windows 10: In Windows 10, we are very excited to introduce several APIs for contextual sensing that can help you build apps to improve your customers’ daily lives. These include apps that detect presence when customers approach their devices, apps that can detect whether your customer...
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558